- 01 PC Transfer Software Free Download with How-to Guide
- 02 LapLink PCMover and Its Alternatives
- 03 Zinstall Easy Transfer and Its Alternative
- 04 Windows Easy Transfer and Its Alternative
- 05 Samsung Data Migration Software
- 06 Intel Data Migration Software Worthy of Tryin
- 07 Is Dell Migrate Worth It
- 08 Lenovo Migration Assistant and its Alternatives
- 09 SSD Data Migration Software
- 10 SanDisk/Kinstong/PNY Data Migration Software
- 11 EaseUS Todo PCTrans vs. Laplink PCmover
- 12 EaseUS Todo PCTrans VS Zinstall
- 13 Best Free Data Migration Software Recommends
In this article, you'll learn:
- What is Samsung Data Migration?
- Samsung Data Migration Review [Pros & Cons]
- Samsung Data Migration Alternative
- How to Use Samsung Data Migration
Are you looking for a way to quickly and easily transfer files and folders from your PC to a Samsung SSD? If so, Samsung Data Migration (SDM) is the perfect solution for you. Samsung Data Migration is a program developed by Samsung Electronics. It is available for all Samsung SSD Series products, including 980 Series, 970 Series, 960 Series, 950 Series, 870 Series, 860 Series, 850 Series, 840 Series, 830 Series, and 470 Series. With Samsung Data Migration, you can easily migrate all your data from your existing storage device to your new Samsung SSD. And because it's specifically designed for Samsung SSDs, you can be confident it will work seamlessly with your new drive.
What Can Samsung Data Migration Do for You
- Transfer data from a storage device to a new Samsung SSD.
- Migrate operating system, application software, and user data.
- Save space after transferring the operating system to a smaller SSD.
- Simple interface to reduce your time of PC transferring.
Next, we will continue to introduce more information about Samsung Data Migration. If you think this passage helps you, you can click the social buttons and share it with your friends.
Samsung Data Migration is a handy tool that moves your data. We list some pros & cons of this software, as well as some comments from real users. Hope our article will be helpful for you.
- Easy to install and use.
- Stable and bug-free.
- Support all kinds of Samsung SSD as the target drive.
- Support Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32/64 bit)
- Only for the Windows system.
- Only transfer data to the Samsung SSD drive.
Is Samsung Data Migration good?
Yes, it does its job smoothly. With just one click on your device to start the transferring process, you can easily copy everything from an HDD onto a Samsung SSD - all without hassle! There are only a few restrictions that you can read about in the user guide from its official website, but they're easy enough to follow once you are aware of them!
Is Samsung Data Migration Reliable?
Yes, Samsung Data Migration is a reliable tool. This software helps you migrate data to a new Samsung SSD. It is easy to use, and it stably transfers your data. Samsung Data Migration is compatible with your Windows computers.
Is Samsung Data Migration free?
Yes, Samsung Data Migration software is free to use, making it an affordable solution for anyone who needs to migrate their data. If you need to migrate your data, Samsung Data Migration software is a great option that won't cost you anything.
Here are some reviews we collect from some forums - Tom's Hardware and RedFlagDeals. You may take these comments as a reference.
"I use it; it should be good enough for most cases; just make sure you are using the latest software version from Samsung's website, as the version that comes with your SSD may be outdated." - RedFlagDeals
"Worked well for me when I used the older version of it for my 840." - RedFlagDeals
"The Samsung software works one way only. It copies only to a Samsung drive. It won't back up the Samsung SSD to your old drive." - RedFlagDeals
"I have used the Samsung SSD migration app many times with success. While you are at it, download and install the Samsung SSD driver. Install that first." - Tom's Hardware
"Of the times I used it, yes, it'll basically clone the original drive to the new SSD, assuming the new SSD has enough capacity to fit it all, and you can boot from it like nothing happened. "- Tom's Hardware
As we have seen, Samsung Data Migration has many limitations in terms of ease of use. We have summarized its shortcomings in a more versatile and compatible software - EaseUS Todo PCTrans, so let's find out more about it.
Samsung Data Migration Alternative
If you're looking for an alternative tool for migrating data from one drive to another or from one PC to another, you should consider EaseUS Todo PCTrans. EaseUS Todo PCTrans is a professional data migration tool that supports a wide variety of source and target devices.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans offers the following conveniences:
- Simple interface and easy to use.
- Compatible with all Windows systems.
- 24/7 Technical Support.
- Supports all hard disks, including Samsung, Toshiba, WD, etc.
- Provides multiple migration methods, including PC to PC/hard drive
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is a great tool for migrating data from one drive to another drive/PC. Follow the steps and know how to use it:
Step 1. Open EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both of your computers. Choose "PC to PC" to go to the next step.
Step 2. Make sure you have chosen the right transfer direction.
"New" - Move data from old computer to current new computer.
"Old" - Move data from current old n computer to remote new computer.
Step 3. Connect two PCs via the network by entering the password or verification code of the target PC. Besides, make sure you have chosen the right transfer direction and click "Connect" to continue.
The verification code is on the right top of the "PC to PC" main screen on the target computer.
Step 4. Then, choose "Files" to select files to transfer. Select the specific files as you want. What's more, you can click the Edit icon to customize the storage path for transferred data.
Step 5. Now, click "Transfer" to begin to transfer files from PC to PC. The size of the file determines the transfer time. Wait patiently.
Additionally, EaseUS Todo PCTrans offers a number of unique features.
- Various transferring options: EaseUS Todo PCTrans offers flexible transferring ways. You can choose to transfer files through the network connection or image file.
- Unlimited destination device: With the help of EaseUS Todo PCTrans, you can transfer your data to any device, including a PC, laptop, HDD, SDD of other brands, external hard drive, USB flash drive, or SD card.
- Data rescue: EaseUS Todo PCTrans can restore files and programs from an unbootable dead computer in way of transferring your data from your old hard drive to the new computer.
- Setting migration: EaseUS Todo PCTrans provides the easiest way to transfer all your data, including program settings, preferences, battery settings, and even user data, to the new PC. It will significantly save you time from resetting them.
Download it and enjoy more functions of this great migration tool!
If you only use Samsung SSD, it's a good idea to use Samsung Data migration. And we will also provide detailed information on its usage.
Step 1: Run Samsung Data Migration and connect your target drive to your computer. You can click the "Refresh" button to recognize the target drive.
Step 2. Select the target drive.
Step 3. Select the volume(s) that you wish to clone.
Step 4. Click "Start" to begin the cloning process.
Note: The cloning speed may vary depending on the computer specifications and operating environment.
Once the cloning process is complete, the computer will shut down automatically within 20 seconds.
You can learn more details and limitations of the migration process from its English User Guide.
You can view the question, How Long Does Samsung Data Migration Take to get its speed.
You can also learn how to use Samsung Data Migration in this video.
Samsung Data Migration is a software tool developed by Samsung to help users quickly and easily transfer data from their old storage device to a new Samsung SSD. Samsung Data Migration supports a wide variety of file types, including photos, music, videos, and documents. While Samsung Data Migration is a helpful tool for migrating data, it should be used under some restrictions. That is why users have to consider using an alternative tool such as EaseUS Todo PCTrans. EaseUS Todo PCTrans is more versatile than Samsung Data Migration and supports more file types and operating systems. In addition, EaseUS Todo PCTrans offers a trial period before purchasing.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cici is the junior editor of the writing team of EaseUS. She accepted the systematic training on computers at EaseUS for over one year. Now, she wrote a lot of professional articles to help people resolve the issues of hard drive corruption, computer boot errors, and disk partition problems.
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
Tracy King/Dec 13, 2023
Sherly/Dec 18, 2023
Brithny/Dec 15, 2023
Sherly/Dec 12, 2023