- 01 PC Transfer Software Free Download with How-to Guide
- 02 LapLink PCMover and Its Alternatives
- 03 Zinstall Easy Transfer and Its Alternative
- 04 Windows Easy Transfer and Its Alternative
- 05 Samsung Data Migration Software
- 06 Intel Data Migration Software Worthy of Tryin
- 07 Is Dell Migrate Worth It
- 08 Lenovo Migration Assistant and its Alternatives
- 09 SSD Data Migration Software
- 10 SanDisk/Kinstong/PNY Data Migration Software
- 11 EaseUS Todo PCTrans vs. Laplink PCmover
- 12 EaseUS Todo PCTrans VS Zinstall
In this article, you'll learn:
- What is Intel Data Migration Software?
- Intel Data Migration Software Download
- Does Intel Data Migration Software Work with Other SSD?
- Is Intel Data Migration Software Worthy of Trying?
- How to Use Intel Data Migration Software
- Intel Data Migration Software Replacement
Intel Data Migration Software is used to easily copy your drive's contents from an old storage device to a new Intel Solid State Drive (SSD). This easy-to-use program makes short work of copying all your essential files from an old storage device to your new Intel SSD. And because it's from the trusted experts at Intel, you can be confident that your data will be transferred safely and securely.
Intel's SSD Data Migration Software has been the primary transferring program for Intel SSDs, but the Intel company is finally winding it down. It has reached its end of life in 2020. All versions are provided as-is with no updates supported.
Since Intel Data Migration has stopped updating now, we can only offer you a third-party download website.
Size: 445 MB
Intel Data Migration Software is a tool that helps users to migrate data from an old hard drive to a new Intel SSD. While the software is designed to work with Intel SSDs, it cannot be used to migrate data to other brands of SSDs and is not compatible with other brands of SSDs. As a result, users who try to use Intel Data Migration Software with another brand of SSD will likely experience errors and data loss. For this reason, we do not recommend using Intel Data Migration Software with any SSD other than an Intel SSD.
Intel's Data Migration Software has been the go-to program for copying data from an old storage device to a new Intel SSD. Since it is a free and reliable tool for transferring data and upgrading your device, I think Intel Data Migration Software is still worth trying, even though its company has announced that it is no longer supporting updates.
The software is very easy to use, with a simple interface that guides users through the process of copying their data. It also supports a wide range of operating systems and file systems.
- Copy drive contents from a hard drive to an Intel Solid-State Drive
- Create a Bootable Rescue Media
- Use the Acronis DriveCleanser to erase data on drives and partitions
- Straightforward instruction
- Trusted company - Intel
- Free of charge
- Slightly outdated interface
- No update
- Only for Intel SSD
Before using the Intel Data Migration Software, please ensure the target drive has enough space for operating systems and installed applications. Otherwise, you would have to transfer the system to a higher-capacity hard disk.
We recommend you choose a new destination SSD, which doesn't contain partitions.
Now, follow these steps to learn how to migrate data via Intel Data Migration Software:
Step 1: Click "Tools" on the sidebar, and click "Clone disk".
Step 2: You can choose a transfer mode.
- Automatic- Recommended in most cases.
- Manual- Manual mode will provide more flexible options during cloning. It can be useful if you need to change the disk partition layout.
Step 3: Then select a source disk you want to clone.
Note: Data Migration Software does not support dynamic disks.
Step 4: Select a destination disk for the cloned data.
Step 5: If you chose the manual mode before, you would have to choose a move method and change the disk layout.
Step 6: Ensure that the configured settings suit your needs, and then click "Proceed".
Follow this link to view the user guide if you want to learn more details about Intel Data Migration Software.
Intel Data Migration Software is a free tool that helps users migrate data from one Intel SSD to another. Considering the software is Intel-branded and explicitly designed for Intel SSDs, it can not be used with other brands of SSDs. And it is not updated since 2020. As a result, users who are looking for a more comprehensive data migration solution may want to consider other more powerful software, such as EaseUS Todo PCTrans. EaseUS Todo PCTrans is a user-friendly data migration tool that can transfer data, programs, and settings from one PC to another.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your source and target computers, connect both PCs via the internet.
1. At the "PC to PC" section, click "PC to PC" to continue.
2. Select your target computer via its device name, then enter its account password or verification code and select the transfer direction. Then click "Connect" to continue.
You can check the verification code on the right top of "PC to PC" mainscreen on the target computer.
Step 2. Select the categories Applications, Files, and Accounts to transfer via the internet.
If you want to transfer data selectively, click "Edit" under each category, and choose the specific items.
Step 3. Click "Transfer" to start transferring your apps/files/accounts from one computer to another computer via the Internet.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans also offers these features:
- Completely automatic and intuitive to use
- Support Intel SSD as well as other brands
- Recover data from a dead or non-bootable PC
- 24/7 Technical Support
Intel Data Migration Software is a program that helps people transfer data from one computer to an Intel SSD. The program is free to download and use. However, since this software hasn't been upgraded from 2020, we recommend you to choose another software, such as EaseUS Todo PCTrans. EaseUS Todo PCTrans transfers files and settings from one computer to another and can help people manage their apps and data. I believe this is a perfect alternative to Intel Data Migration Software. If you want to find more information about Intel Data Migration Software replacement, follow this link to learn more best data migration software.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy King/Dec 18, 2020
Roxanne/Jun 23, 2022
Roxanne/May 26, 2022
Roxanne/Mar 10, 2022