Page Table of Contents
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|1. What are Dropbox and iCloud?||Dropbox and iCloud help you store data and files in the cloud. Dropbox Inc. is the cloud service provider from Dropbox...Full steps|
|2. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to iCloud on PC?||To move files from Dropbox to iCloud on a PC, you should first have the Dropbox app integrated with...Full steps|
|3. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to iCloud on Mac?||Visit the Dropbox website and download the Dropbox app. The download links will detect your OS and download...Full steps|
|4. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to iCloud on iPhone?||Open the Dropbox app and sign in. Exit the app and open the Files app. Tap on "Browse." Next, tap on...Full steps|
|5. How to Transfer Dropbox between PCs?||If you want to move a program like Dropbox from one computer to another, the best way to do it is by using...Full steps|
File transfer between cloud storage applications has become a norm in recent years. You may want to move files from one cloud storage service to another for several reasons. However, the main advantage is that your files are backed up in different locations.
Some of the highly-rated cloud storage services include Dropbox and iCloud. This article will outline the best ways to transfer files from Dropbox to iCloud. You'll also learn how to share programs from PC to PC using EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
Overview of Dropbox and iCloud
Dropbox and iCloud help you store data and files in the cloud. Dropbox Inc. is the cloud service provider from Dropbox, which allows people to collaborate and share files. It provides password-protected file-sharing and note-taking capabilities. It also improves your team's productivity.
Dropbox runs on many devices, including Android, iOS, and Mac. In addition, Apple Inc. provides the iCloud storage service, which stores data on Google Cloud and AWS. iCloud provides its users with a native integration tool that enables efficient file protection. To access iCloud, one will need an Apple ID.
Comparison between Dropbox and iCloud
|Free storage space of 2GB||Free storage space of 5GB|
|Supports Android, iOS, and Windows||Only supports iOS and Mac devices|
|Best-suited for all devices||Well-suited for Apple devices|
|Offers technical support to only users on a subscription plan||Provides technical support for even users on a basic plan|
|Expensive pricing plan||Affordable pricing plan|
Why Transfer Files from Dropbox to iCloud?
The first reason you may consider moving files from Dropbox to iCloud is the larger free storage space offered by the latter. iCloud provides a free storage space of 5GB, while Dropbox only offers 2 GB. With iCloud, you can store a few more files without purchasing additional storage space.
Someone could also move files from Dropbox to iCloud because of the Apple support features. It lets you store and share data on iOS devices like iPhones, iPads, and Macs. This allows easier collaboration among members using such devices.
iCloud also provides additional file editing and sorting features, enabling easier access. Another reason for moving files to iCloud is to keep backups in case of loss or damage on Dropbox. iCloud also offers safe cloud storage features like Dropbox, hence a good alternative for data backup. It's also more convenient to access the saved files on iCloud.
Next, we will continue to share three ways to transfer files from Dropbox to iCloud on PC, Mac and iPhone. Don't forget to share this tutorial if you think it's helpful!
Transfer Files from Dropbox to iCloud on PC
To move files from Dropbox to iCloud on a PC, you should first have the Dropbox app integrated with your File Explorer. Next, you can follow the steps below:
1. Log in to https://www.icloud.com
2. Click on the iCloud Drive icon.
3. Navigate to the icon at the top of the screen to create a new folder. You can also click on an existing folder if you have already created one. You'll transfer your Dropbox content to this folder.
4. Keep your browser open in the background and navigate to File Explorer. Click and open Dropbox.
5. Select the files to move to iCloud. You can also press CTRL + A to select all files at once.
6. Drag the selected files and drop them on the browser where you opened your iCloud Drive. Once the upload process finishes, your Dropbox files will be saved in iCloud.
If you want to transfer Dropbox between PCs or want to transfer Dropbox to another disk, please download EaseUS Todo PCTrans and use it.
Transfer Files from Dropbox to iCloud on Mac
To transfer files from Dropbox to iCloud on Mac, you can make use of the following steps:
1. Visit the Dropbox website and download the Dropbox app. The download links will detect your OS and download the appropriate application.
2. After the download process, install the application on your Mac device. Next, the system will display a Dropbox shortcut on the Finder sidebar.
3. Click on the Dropbox shortcut to open the app.
4. Press Command + A on your keyboard to select all Dropbox files.
5. Drag and drop the selected files to your iCloud Drive on the Finder sidebar. This transfers the selected files from Dropbox to iCloud.
Transfer Files from Dropbox to iCloud on iPhone/iPad
To move files from Dropbox to iCloud, you'll need to install the Files app and the Dropbox app on your iPhone or iPad. You can achieve this in the following steps:
1. Open the Dropbox app and sign in.
2. Exit the app and open the Files app.
3. Tap on "Browse." Next, tap on "Location" and select iCloud Drive.
4. Tap the circular icon to the top right and choose "Edit."
5. Tap to enable Dropbox. Tap on "Done."
6. Tap on Dropbox to access your file content.
7. Tap the circular icon to the top right and tap "Select."
8. Next, select the files and folders you want to move to iCloud. To move all the files, navigate to the top left and tap the "Select All" option.
9. Navigate to the bottom left and tap on the circular icon. Select "Copy."
10. Tap "Browse" to create a folder on iCloud or select an existing one.
11. Long-press on the opened folder. Next, select "Paste" to move the selected Dropbox files to iCloud.
You now have your Dropbox files saved on iCloud.
Bonus Tip: Transfer Dropbox between PCs
If you want to move a program like Dropbox from one computer to another, the best way to do it is by using a software tool like EaseUS Todo PCTrans. This software was designed to enable Windows users to transfer files and data across different computers quickly.
You must connect both devices to a shared network to move Dropbox from one PC to another using EaseUS Todo PCTrans. You'll also need to install the software on both devices. The software works on Windows 11/10/8/7.
Features of EaseUS Todo PCTrans
- Flexible transfer modes. EaseUS Todo PCTrans gives you access to various file transfer modes. Apart from PC-to-PC transfer, the software allows you to transfer files locally and via images.
- Convenient data migration. EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows you to seamlessly migrate photos, videos, files, and other essential data from PC to PC. You won't have to spend much time and effort loading the files.
- Allows you to transfer user accounts and settings. EaseUS Todo PCTrans enables you to migrate user accounts and settings from the old PC to a new one.
Advantages of EaseUS Todo PCTrans
- Simple and convenient
- Smooth transfer of data without losses.
- Works on all Windows devices.
- Access to free technical support.
- Automatic and intuitive to use.
You can follow these steps to transfer Dropbox between Two PCs with this software:
Step 1. Connect two computers
Ensure that the two computers are on the same LAN. You need to run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both computers. On the source computer, navigate to the "PC to PC" mode, and click "PC to PC".
Set transfer direction:
- - From old PC to new PC, select "New".
- - From new PC to old PC, select "Old".
Recognize the destination computer by its device name. Connect to target PC, input account password, or verification code of the target PC.
Step 2. Choose Dropbox to transfer
Now hover your mouse over the "Applications" category.
Locate the Dropbox, tick the box and click "Transfer".
Step 3. Start Dropbox transfer
Let EaseUS Todo PCTrans migrate the cloud drive application from one computer to the other without any hassle.
You can transfer files from Dropbox to iCloud on PC, Mac, and iPhone/iPad. Transferring files from Dropbox to iCloud helps you access more free storage space and Apple-enabled features and create file backups. Dropbox offers a free storage space of 2GB, while iCloud offers 5GB.
If you want to move programs and user accounts from one PC to another, the most recommended tool is EaseUS Todo PCTrans. This software enables seamless data migration and also allows the transfer of large files within a short time.
To enjoy the amazing features of EaseUS Todo PCTrans today, ensure you download the trial version here.
About the Author
Cici is the junior editor of the writing team of EaseUS. She accepted the systematic training on computers at EaseUS for over one year. Now, she wrote a lot of professional articles to help people resolve the issues of hard drive corruption, computer boot errors, and disk partition problems.
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More