Page Table of Contents
Why you need a Windows 11/10 migration tool
If you want to keep your personal data, installed programs and settings after updating your computer from former operating system to the newest Windows 11/10 or buying a new computer that already comes with Windows 11/10, a Windows 11/10 migration tool will play an important role in getting things done. Without it, you have to manually transfer each of your files, and reinstall all the applications one by one.
If you want to upgrade the hardware, such as replace the disk or even get a new computer, the one thing you need is to transfer the Windows 11/10 system. It is really a tedious job that takes much of your time and efforts. I believe it will be the last thing you want to do in the world.It is really a tedious job that takes much of your time and efforts. I believe it will be the last thing you want to do in the world.
So, get ready with me, no matter what you want to migrate, we provide two tools used for Windows 11/10 migration.
What is the best Windows 11/10 migration tool
Since you don't want to manually transfer your files and programs, it is important for you to find a reliable Windows 11/10 migration tool. But which one is the best? We strongly recommend you try EaseUS Todo PCTrans. It is a powerful PC transfer software that can make data transfer in Windows 11/10 much easier. With simple clicks, you'll be able to transfer all your data and installed applications from Windows XP/7/8 to Windows 11/10 or from an old computer to a new computer coming with Windows 11/10.
Here are two cases you may want to know:
System migration is not easy as the file migration. EaseUS Todo Backup can be the best helper for you. A user-complimented software committed to move/clone your newly Windows 11/10 system to create a better operating environment.
EaseUS Windows 11/10 migration tool is not only an easy but also secure way for data transfer in Windows 11/10. The steps below present you how to transfer files and apps between two computers. If you want to transfer files between two different operating systems on the same computer, refer to the article about how to transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 11/10 instead.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your source and target computers, connect both PCs via the internet.
1. At the "PC to PC" section, click "PC to PC" to continue.
2. Select your target computer via its device name, then enter its account password or verification code and select the transfer direction. Then click "Connect" to continue.
You can check the verification code on the right top of "PC to PC" mainscreen on the target computer.
Step 2. Select the categories Applications, Files, and Accounts to transfer via the internet.
If you want to transfer data selectively, click "Edit" under each category, and choose the specific items.
Step 3. Click "Transfer" to start transferring your apps/files/accounts from one computer to another computer via the Internet.
Moreover, if your machine is run out of space that may affect Windows 11/10 upgrading, you may interest in how to move apps from ssd to hdd. The App Migration feature is the appropriate choice!
Only under the corresponding driver can the hardware run normally. EaseUS Todo Backup provides a System Transfer feature can help users to migrate system to a new computer.
Step 1. Create an Emergency Disk to USB
1. Connect an empty USB flash drive or external hard drive (with over than 100GB space) to your PC.
Note: Initialize the USB or external hard drive as MBR, and create two partitions: set the first partition as FAT32 and the second partition as NTFS.
2. Run EaseUS Todo Backup and click "Tools" > "Create Emergency Disk".
3. Choose USB as the disk location to create the emergency disk and click "Create".
The bootable disk will help you boot computer and transfer system image to the new PC.
Step 2. Create System Backup Image on Source Computer
1. Click "OS" on the main page and Windows OS will be selected by default.
2. Choose the second partition of the USB drive which contains the emergency disk to save system image.
You may also save system backup image to another empty external disk (which must be equal or bigger than the system C drive).
3. Click "Backup Now" to start creating a system backup image to the target device.
Step 3. Boot Target Computer from EaseUS Todo Backup Emergency Disk
1. Eject EaseUS emergency disk and system backup image USB and connect it to the new computer.
2. Restart PC and press "DEL/F2/F10/F12" to boot into BIOS.
3. Go to the boot menu and set the computer to boot from the EaseUS Todo Backup emergency disk.
If you want to restore the system image to a GPT disk, you need to change the boot mode to EUFI in BIOS. Then your computer will enter EaseUS Todo Backup main interface.
Step 4. Transfer System to the New Computer
Note: Restoring system image to the new computer will erase the data on the target disk. Remember to back up the files in advance or use an empty disk to restore the system image to avoid data loss.
1. On EaseUS Todo Backup main interface, click "Tools" > "System Transfer".
2. Select the system image on your USB external drive and click "OK" to continue.
3. Then click "Proceed" to start transferring the system to a new computer.
Step 5. Restart PC with transferred system
1. Enter BIOS and set computer to boot up from the drive with the transferred system.
2. Save all changes and restart your computer.
3. Update all drive drivers and programs to ensure all things will work just fine on the new computer.
The hard drive is of great significance to the computer, and even affects the normal use of the pc.
If you want to change disk but do not want to re-install the system, you can use the System Clone of EaseUS Todo Backup, which enables you clone Windows 11/10 OS to new SSD.
Steps: Click System Clone > Choose the target drive > Click Proceed
About the Author
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More