Page Table of Contents
How to transfer Chrome bookmarks to a new computer? To migrate and transfer browser bookmarks, history, and even downloads files to a new PC is no longer a new need among worldwide users.
No worry, you'll find two available methods for transferring Chrome bookmarks between two PCs:
For Method 1, all you need to do is to get a free download and apply three easy steps to transfer Chrome bookmarks. And Method 2 is the common way to export targeted bookmarks to an external hard drive. Choose the one you like.
P.S. Check how to transfer Bookmarks from Chrome to another Browser at the end of the guide.
No need to do the export and import process on both PCs. EaseUS Todo PCTrans enables you to transfer Chrome with bookmarks, history, and even personal settings from your old PC to your new laptop within only a few simple steps.
# 1. Preparations
To directly transfer Chrome bookmarks to your new PC, follow the tips here to get things prepared:
- Connect two PCs under the same LAN
- Download automated PC transfer software
# 2. Transferring Chrome with Bookmarks
EaseUS Todo PCTrans will transfer the Chrome application with bookmarks to the default location (C: drive by default) on your target PC. Follow the process to transfer your Chrome bookmarks to a new computer with just a few simple clicks.
Step 1. Select the transfer mode.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and click "PC to PC" on one of them.
Step 2. Set transfer direction.
- If you need to transfer from a remote PC to current PC, select "New".
- If you want to transfer from current computer to a remote new computer, select "Old".
Step 3. Connect the two PCs.
- Connect to the target PC, then input the account password or verification code of the target PC.
- Check the verification code on the right top of the "PC to PC" main screen on the target PC.
- Click "Connect" to continue.
Step 4. Select Google Chrome to transfer.
- Hover on "Applications" and find the Chrome browser.
- Check the box of Google Chrome and click "Transfer".
Step 5. Transfer Google Chrome to another PC.
- Wait for the transfer process to finish and then click "OK".
Just install this tool onto your PC, and you can transfer files, apps, games, and other data between the old and new PCs.
💡PLUS: Remember that you need to install this program on both of your PCs for a smooth transferring experience. If the file is bigger than 2GB, you need to activate this software for a smooth transferring process.
After this, by restarting Chrome, you will be able to use Chrome with the original bookmarks on your new computer again.
You can also read:
This guide will teach you how to transfer firefox bookmarks automatically. EaseUS Todo PCTrans can solve this problem. And you will get how to import and export firefox bookmarks with easy steps.
If you don't want to use third-party software to transfer Chrome bookmarks to a new computer, you can directly follow the manual guidelines below to export/import Chrome bookmarks:
# 1. Preparations
- An empty USB or external hard drive
- Download and install a Chrome browser on the new PC
# 2. Moving Chrome Bookmarks
By following through the two stages, you'll be able to move Chrome bookmarks from the old PC to the new PC:
For the latest Chrome users:
1. Launch Google Chrome and click the 3-dots in the right top corner of Chrome browser.
2. Select "Bookmarks" and click on "Bookmark Manager".
3. You will find the 3-dots next to the Bookmarks search bar, under the Chrome address bar. Next, click "Export Bookmarks". Clicking this will open the File Explorer on a Windows 11/10 computer or the Finder on a Mac computer.
4. Finally, choose a name and destination and click Save. Navigate and save the Bookmarks to your external USB and save the HTML file.
For the old Chrome users:
1. Connect a USB or external hard drive to your PC.
2. Open Google Chrome on Windows PC and Click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" menu.
3. Click "Bookmarks" and select "Bookmarks Manager."
4. Go to the Organize tab, and click "Export bookmarks to HTML file".
5. Select a location - external USB or SD card to save the file and click "Save".
Phrase 2 - Import Chrome Bookmarks
For the latest Chrome users:
1. Connect the USB to your new computer and open Chrome
2. Click the 3 dots and move the mouse to point Bookmarks.
3. Then select Import bookmarks and settings, select "HTML bookmarks" and click "Import" to continue.
4. Click "Choose File" and then select the HTML bookmark file to import to your Chrome.
For old Chrome users:
1. Connect the USB or SD card to your new PC.
2. Open Google Chrome and click the Customize and Control Google Chrome menu.
3. Click "Bookmarks", then select "Bookmarks Manager".
4. Go to the Organize tab and click "Import bookmarks from HTML file".
5. Choose the HTML document and click "Open" to finish the process.
After this, relaunch Chrome and you should be able to use Chrome bookmarks on your new PC again. It takes a long time to import and export the data, so you can share this tutorial to help other users.
Besides exporting and importing, you can also choose a backup method, which is also a workable one.
More Ways: Sync Bookmarks with Google Account
If you use Chrome with a Google account, you can try another method. All your browser settings will store in the Google account. What you need is to install Chrome on the new computer and sign in with your account. The browser on the new PC will remind you of import settings and bookmarks.
All methods we talked about are transfer bookmarks from Chrome to Chrome. If you want to switch to another browser and import the bookmarks you saved, the following ways let you easily import bookmarks to other hot browsers.
Step 1. Open Firefox and click the Open menu on the top left side.
Step 2. Click Library > Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks
Step 3. In the Library window, choose Import and Backup > Import Data from Another Browser
Step 4. Choose Chrome as your targeted browser, click Next.
Step 5. Click Bookmarks or other info you want to import. Select Next.
Click Finish to ensure your bookmarks existing in Firefox.
Step 1. Export the Chrome bookmarks as an HTML file. (Check steps on the former part.)
Step 2. Open Safari on Mac. Click File on the toolbar > Choose Import From > Bookmarks HTML File...
Step 3. Select the Chrome HTML file and click import.
Step 1. Click the 3-dots on the top right corner. Choose Favorites.
Step 2. In the Favorites window, choose Import Favorites.
Step 3. Choose Chrome and click Import to finish the import process.
Step 1. Input Opera://settings/importData on the Opera search bar.
Step 2. On the pop-up window, choose Chrome and click Import.
P.S. If you have exported Chrome bookmarks as HTML file, you can select the Import option as Bookmarks HTML file.
Chrome bookmarks are stored in your browser settings, and you can transfer them to a different computer. This article covers both the manual method and the automated method, where EaseUS Todo PCTrans makes it easy to transfer your Chrome browser extensions and customizations between devices, and it doesn't take much effort to move everything. If you haven't used this tool, don't miss it; you'll love it.
Transfer Chrome Bookmarks to a New Computer FAQs
You can transfer Chrome bookmarks from one computer to another. This section lists some frequently asked questions to help you. Read on if you need it.
1. Can I transfer Google Chrome from one computer to another?
Sure, you can. You will need a USB or an external hard drive to copy the user data and export this registry key to the same portable media. Copy them to the target user folder of the new computer. Then, download and launch Chrome.
2. How do I sync my Google bookmarks from one computer to another?
If you sign in to Chrome with a Google Account, your passwords and browser settings are saved with that account.
So you can load your preferred browser settings from your old computer by simply installing Chrome on your new computer and logging into your old Google account. The browser on your new computer will prompt you to sync your settings and bookmarks automatically.
3. How do I back up my Chrome bookmarks?
In case of any browser errors, you can back up your bookmarks in the internet browser and import them back into the browser. To do so:
- Click the settings icon in the upper right corner of Chrome.
- Click on Bookmarks and select Bookmark Manager.
- Click Organize and select Export Bookmarks to HTML File.
- Choose where you want to store the backup, give the file a name, and select Save.
About the Author
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More