- 01 Clone Disk in Windows Server
- 02 Clone A Hard Drive on Windows 11
- 03 Clone HDD to 250GB/500GB SSD Without Reinstalling
- 04 Clone WD SSD on Windows 10/11
- 05 Clone 1TB HDD to 2TB SSD Without Reinstalling
- 06 Clone A Hard Drive with Samsung Disk Cloner
- 07 Western Digital VS Seagate
- 08 Easy VHD to Physical Disk Solution
Does Samsung have cloning software? Yes, those big giants have developed multiple products for users, and you can instantly try its cloning software - Samsung Data Migration (SDM). Follow this page to immediately uncover detailed information about Samsung disk cloner - Data Migration.
In this article, you'll learn:
- What Is Samsung Data Migration?
- Samsung Data Migration Free Download for Windows 11/10, with Pros & Cons
- Guide 1: Use Samsung Data Migration to Clone Samsung Disks and Switch Data
- Guide 2: Use Samsung Data Migration Alternative for Windows 11/10 Disk Upgrade
Samsung Data Migration, also known as Samsung Drive Cloner, is software that helps Samsung SSD owners switch and upgrade their disks efficiently by disk cloning. Samsung Data Migration is a free tool compatible with all Samsung SSDs.
Samsung Data Migration software is designed to help users quickly, easily, and safely migrate all of their data – including their current operating system, application software, and user data – from their existing storage device (e.g. HDD) to their new Samsung SSD. from Samsung
Features of Samsung Data Migration
Here is a list of features and functions that explain why Samsung owners love this tool:
- Clone or migrate data from one Samsung SSD to another.
- Upgrade Samsung SSD and migrate data to a new computer.
- A straightforward guide for cloning or migrating Samsung SSD data.
- It clones your entire SSD disk.
Regarding data migration, Samsung Data Migration is available on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 PCs for switching disk data to a new SSD. So how do you get it? What are the benefits and drawbacks? Check the details here:
✅Benefits and ❎Drawbacks of Samsung Data Migration
Note that Samsung Data Migration has pros and cons in different aspects, and be srue you are aware of these before you take this tool for switching disk drive data:
Also, you may follow this link to learn more details about Samsung Data Migration:
Samsung Data Migration is a handy tool that moves your data. We list some pros & cons of this software, as well as some comments from real users.
⬇️Download Samsung Data Migration for Windows 11/10
Here are 3 links that you can get free access to download this Samsung data migration software:
When you consider cloning disks with Samsung Data Migration, you may follow Guide 1, as shown below, to efficiently migrate OS and switch disk data completely from one disk to another. However, if your target disk is not a Samsung SSD or newer NVMe SSD, follow Part 1Guide 2 with reliable Samsung Data Migration Alternative software - EaseUS Partition Master for help.
As a famous disk storage manufacturer, besides producing HDDs, SSDs, and removable devices, Samsung also developed Samsung Data Migration to allow its users to quickly and easily migrate all their data from old storage devices to new Samsung SSDs.
The process is simple and can be completed in just a few minutes. Here's how it works:
Step 1. Download and install the Samsung Data Migration software on your computer.
Step 2. Next, connect your new Samsung SSD to your computer.
Step 3. Launch Samsung Data Migration at the Select a Drive section, select the OS disk as your source drive.
Step 4. Then, select your new Samsung SSD as your destination drive.
Caution: Ensure you back up all data on the target SSD, as the cloning procedure will wipe out the entire disk and erase all existing content.
Step 5. Finally, click the "Start" button for data migration.
That's all there is to it! Within minutes, all of your data will be transferred to your new Samsung SSD, making it easy to enjoy the benefits of faster data access speeds and improved overall performance.
If you've successfully upgraded the OS disk to a new Samsung SSD, feel free to share this guide with more of your friends online:
Note that although Samsung Data Migration is free, it limits users from switching OS disk to Samsung SSD only. Also, it doesn't support clone Windows to NVMe ssd well. So, in this case, you'll need a more powerful and reliable disk cloning software for help. Go to Guide 2, and you'll find the best Samsung Data Migration alternative software for Windows.
For a reliable Samsung data migration solution on both old and newer disk drives, including HDDS, SATA SSDs, VNMe SSDs, and M.2 SSDs , EaseUS Partition Master is a great option. The software, with its Clone features, allows you to clone your Samsung hard drive, successfully migrating your data, OS, and settings to another disk without system reinstallation.
EaseUS Partition Master is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to clone their Windows and data from one hard drive to another. It supports multiple brands of disk drives, including Samsung, Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, Sony, Transcend, Lenovo, and more.
The process is simple, easy to follow, and only takes a few minutes to complete. Here is how to execute Samsung data migration on Windows 11/10 or older systems:
#1. Clone Entire OS or Data Disk to Samsung SSD
Step 1. Select the source disk.
- Click the "Clone" from the left menu. Select the "Clone OS Disk" or "Clone Data Disk" and click "Next".
- Choose the source disk and click "Next".
Step 2. Select the target disk.
- Choose the wanted HDD/SSD as your destination and click "Next" to continue.
- Read Warning message and confirm "Yes" button.
Step 3. View the disk layout and edit the target disk partition size.
Then click "Continue" when the program warns it will wipe out all data on the target disk. (If you have valuable data on the target disk, back up it in advance.)
You can select "Autofit the disk", "Clone as the source" or "Edit disk layout" to customize your disk layout. (Select the last one if you want to leave more space for C drive.)
Step 4. Click "Start" to start the disk cloning process.
#2. Migrate Windows Only to Samsung or Other Brands of SSD
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master, go to the Clone section, click "Migrate OS" and click "Next" to continue.
2. Select the target SSD you want to migrate Windows OS to, and click "Next".
3. Click "Yes" to confirm the you want to exceute the operation.
4. Click "Start" to start migrating your OS to the new SSD.
5. When the process completes, you'll see a confirming message, asking "if you want to start up computer from the clone target disk".
Tick "Adjust the order to boot from the clone target disk" and click the respective button through your demands.
- Reboot Now means to reboot your PC and configure the computer to boot OS from the new disk immediately.
- Done means you want to make the changes later.
Bonus Tips on Fixing Samsung Data Migration Failed Errors
If you're seeing the error message "Samsung Data Migration Failed" when migrating your data to a new Samsung SSD. There are a few potential causes, including:
- Samsung Data Migration doesn't support your current OS, like Windows XP/Vista or Windows Servers.
- Target SSD is NVMe or newer Samsung SSD modules or target SSD is not shipped by Samsung.
- Source SSD contains more than three volumes, and Samsung Data Migration is limited to clone three drives only.
- Source OS disk is an OEM system that Samsung Data Migration cannot clone the OEVEm recovery partition.
- The source disk is write-protected or encrypted.
- The source disk contains multiple systems installed.
- The source disk is converted to a dynamic disk.
- Programs are running in the background during the cloning process.
Tips on Fixing Samsung Data Migration Failed Errors
So, how do I fix the Samsung Data Migration failure error? Here is a list of tips that you can take to get rid of this issue:
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of the Samsung Data Migration software.
If you're still seeing the error, there may be incompatible files on your source drive, causing the migration to fail. Try selecting only the most essential files for migration or contact Samsung Support for more help to fix this.
- If your target SSD is Samsung NVMe SSD, try Samsung M2 SSD Clone Software.
- If you're performing a cross-platform migration (e.g., from Windows to macOS), file system differences may prevent the migration from completing successfully. In this case, you'll need to use a third-party data migration tool that supports both file systems.
- If your target disk is not Samsung SSD, take third-party disk cloning software like EaseUS Partition Master for help.
- If your source disk is write-protected, remove and unlock the encryption from the source disk first.
If you prefer a more detailed guide, go further to follow the tutorials provided in the following articles:
- ✔️Samsung Data Migration Not Working
- ✔️Samsung Data Migration Stuck at 0%
- ✔️Samsung Data Migration Not Detecting SSD
1. Is Samsung Data Migration the Same Is Cloning?
Yes, it is. Samsung Data Migration will do the cloning process to help you completely copy the entire hard drive and execute data migration to a new Samsung SSD.
2. How Long Does Samsung Migration Take?
As we test, if your hard drive is less than 50GB, SDM will take a few minutes to walk through the cloning process. If your source hard drive holds up to 2TB or bigger size of data, it will take less than one hour.
3. Does Samsung Data Migration work on Windows 11 and Windows 10?
Yes, of course. Samsung Data Migration is compatible with Windows 11 64bit and Windows 10 32bit/63bit systems. However, it doesn't work on older systems like Windows XP/Vista and higher Windows Server OSes.
4. Is Samsung Data Migration free?
Yes, the Samsung Data Migration software is free for Samsung users to take for OS disk migration to a new SSD provided by Samsung. However, this software cannot execute the task if you want to switch a data disk or upgrade your system disk to other non-Samsung hard drives or SSDs. In this case, you'll need to turn to other reliable disk cloning software like EaseUS Partition Master for help.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cici is the junior editor of the writing team of EaseUS. She accepted the systematic training on computers at EaseUS for over one year. Now, she wrote a lot of professional articles to help people resolve the issues of hard drive corruption, computer boot errors, and disk partition problems.
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
Brithny/Oct 25, 2023
Brithny/Oct 24, 2023
Tracy King/Oct 10, 2023
Tracy King/Oct 13, 2023