Backup Hard Drive to Cloud [How to] + Feasible Cloud Backup Suggestion
We have said it before and we are going to say it again, having a hard drive backup is absolutely necessary. There are multiple ways to backup your hard drive but today we are going to talk about backup hard drive to cloud. We are going to cover all the questions that come to mind about this topic. Why backup hard drive to cloud? What are the advantages of it? How do we do it? Scroll down to get answers.
Why Choose Cloud Backup for Hard Drive
Cloud backups are a great way to keep your data safe and secure. Cloud backup means using an online platform like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc to create a backup. You can shift all your data to an online cloud server to always keep it secure. Even if you create a backup on an external hard drive, you need to create an online backup. It has many advantages listed below.
1. External hard drives are prone to many risks such as misplacement, theft, accidental erasure, malware, etc. You can buy the best quality hard drive and these risks will still be pertinent. This is one reason we strongly advocate having an online backup. These risks are not a possibility with cloud backups. Cloud backups are way more secure and safe. It is the safest way to create a backup.
2. With online cloud backup, you get the option to automatically backup your files. When you use an external hard drive, you need to set it up manually which is a disadvantage of using external hard drives for backup.
3. Online cloud backup is accessible all the time. You do not have to carry it physically with you if you are going somewhere. It is always available online for you to access. External hard drives have to be carried around physically and you can forget to take them with you too.
4. Online cloud backups offer more security as you need a login to access them. External hard drives can expose your data in case they are misplaced or stolen by someone. Privacy is a big issue with external hard drive backup but not with cloud backup.
Fastest Cloud Backup Solution for Hard Drive Backup
Now you can use cloud backups like Google Drive but they have their limitations. We want you to use a reliable and efficient tool that safely backs up your data. To backup a hard drive to cloud, we like to use the EaseUS Todo Backup tool. It has an extensive list of features.
- It offers smart backup.
- It offers multiple backup options.
- It restores your data effectively.
- It can transfer the system to a different PC.
- It has a Universal Restore feature.
- It provides Full/Differential/Incremental Backup.
- Cloud Backup-Protect important file with Cloud backup service
- Outlook email backup & recovery is available.
- You are never going to lose your data as a scheduled backup is performed every half an hour if any changes are made.
All these features make it super reliable and handy. It offers high performance and the advanced features are to die for. With the Smart Backup option, everything is backed up automatically. Say goodbye to your privacy nightmares with its confidential backup option. It keeps everything confidential and secure.
EaseUS Cloud Backup Option
The EaseUS cloud backup option is the fastest and safest way to backup your data. It also supports backup to Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox. The EaseUS backup tool understands the importance and value of your data; hence, offering an effective cloud backup feature. You can shift all your files to the cloud quickly using the step-by-step guide given below.
Step 1. To initiate a backup, click the Select backup contents option.
Step 2. There are four data backup categories, File, Disk, OS, and Mail, click File.
Step 3. On the left, both local and network files will be shown. You may extend the directory to pick the backup files.
Step 4. Follow the on-screen instructions and choose a location to store the backup.
Click Options to encrypt the backup with a password in Backup Options, then click Backup Scheme to specify the backup schedule and start the backup at a certain event. There are also other additional choices you may choose to tailor the backup process to your requirements.
Step 5. The backup may be stored on a local disk, EaseUS' online service, or NAS.
Step 6. EaseUS Todo Backup enables customers to back up data to a third-party cloud drive as well as its own cloud drive.
If you want to back up data to a cloud drive provided by a third party, choose Local Drive, scroll down to add Cloud Device, and then add and log in to your account.
You can also choose the EaseUS cloud drive. Sign up for an EaseUS Account, then click EaseUS Cloud and log in.
Step 7. Click Backup Now to begin the backup process. The backup job will be presented as a card on the left side of the panel after it has been finished. Right-click the backup job to handle it further.
Other 3 Alternative Ways to Backup Hard Drive to Cloud
There are 3 alternative ways to backup hard drive to cloud. These solutions may not be as effective as the EaseUS tool but see if they work for you.
iDrive is a recognized tool for backing up data online. The drawback to using this tool is it does not offer unlimited backup. Other than that it offers many useful features.
- Multiple Device Backup
You can backup different devices including PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices into a single account.
- Online File Sync
Your data is automatically updated in real-time across all the devices linked to iDrive.
- Manage Computers
You can manage backups, restore, application settings, etc using this tool.
Another good tool is the Backblaze software. It is an affordable tool that offers incredible features. It automatically backs up your data. It also offers unlimited storage. The only con is it is a bit difficult to use which makes it unsuitable for non-techie individuals. Some features are listed below:
- Scheduled and Automated Backups
- Unlimited Storage
- Continuous Backup
- Full Disk Backups
- Search Backup
It also offers unlimited cloud. It is a popular tool and has good pricing plans. The only demerit is you have to manually upload files greater than 4GB. The features are listed below
- It offers unlimited storage.
- Data is automatically backed up.
- It offers mirror image backup.
- It offers hybrid backup.
The foolproof method to backup your data is cloud backup. We have given you a comprehensive guide to backup hard drive to cloud. All the tools mentioned are good but the Easeus Backup Todo tool is our pick. Get the free trial now to enjoy its amazing features. We hope you find this guide helpful.
Was This Page Helpful?
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.
Install Windows on Multiple Computers at Once? No Problem!
Learn how to install Windows 11/10/7 and special programs/software on a batch of computers. Use 10 minutes to do the 10 hours work without making a single mistake!Get Free Solution!