Page Table of Contents
|EaseUS Disk Copy for Windows 11 - Key Takeaways
Having a backup of all your important files is imperative. No one wants to lose their data. Your data contains valuable information that needs to have a record. Backing up your data is the best way to keep it safe. As Windows 11 is here, everyone is looking for Windows 11 system and data security solutions. EaseUS Disk Copy (website) comes with multiple features catering to the needs of a variety of Windows 11 users, including:
Quick Steps: How to Clone Disk Windows 10 (Clone the Whole Disk)
- 1. Launch and run EaseUS Disk Copy on your PC and select "Disk Mode" on the left pane.
- 2. Select the disk or partition that you want to clone.
- 3. If you prefer to allocate the target disk with the same layout as the source disk, just enable a sector-level clone. Click "Proceed" to start cloning your disk or partition now...Read More>>
- Applies To: Clone Disk in Windows 10, Clone Windows 10 Operating System
- Steps Needed: 3 Steps
- Tool Needed: Disk Cloning Software - EaseUS Disk Copy
Why Do You Need to Clone Disk in Windows 10 or Clone Windows 10
Disk clone in Windows 10 does great help to optimize your computer. There are two main reasons for you to clone disk in Windows 10:
- Clone Hard Drive (Data Drive) to Upgrade Computer Disk
Windows disk clone is the most useful and straightforward method for you to upgrade their computer hard drive to a bigger one. By doing so, you can enlarge your computer storage and get a faster running speed simultaneously.
- Clone Windows 10 to Improve Computer Performance
With the passage of time, the free space on your system disk will become less and less and you will feel your computer in Windows 10 run slower and slower. To effectively improve your system performance and speed up Windows 10, you will need to transfer all your present hard disk data including the Operating System into a bigger HDD or SSD so to optimize your computer. Or to make Windows 10 boot faster, you can choose to clone the whole hard disk drive with OS to an SSD which works faster and more efficiently than ordinary hard drives.
The Tool Needed: Disk Cloning Software for Windows 10
Since manually copying data from one hard drive to another is time-consuming and you won't be able to clone Windows 10 without the help of third-party software, you'd better clone the disk in Windows 10 or clone Windows 10 with the disk cloning software - EaseUS Disk Copy.
This professional disk cloning software makes it easy for you to upgrade and clone Windows 10 disk (whether it contains the operating system or not) and will free you from system reinstallation and data copying issues. Here are the main features of this tool:
Disk/Partition Clone: Selectively clone one disk/partition to another. For example, you can clone HDD to SSD in Windows 10 using this function. If the disk contains the system, you can successfully clone Windows 10 disk without reinstalling the system.
Sector-by-sector clone technology. This EaseUS Windows clone software allows you to clone a hard drive with bad sectors.
Before you start using the disk cloning software, there are the things you need to know. Whether you want to perform a disk clone or system clone, to ensure you can clone your disk or OS smoothly, there are the requirements for the target hard drive:
- Total capacity exceeds the used space on the source disk (or system and boot partitions on the source disk if you want to clone Windows 10 only).
- Displays as unallocated in Disk Management. If not, delete all partitions. Thus, make sure you have backed up your important files in advance.
- Is the same partition style as the source disk (by initializing or converting). You may want to know how to convert between GPT and MBR.
Make sure your target disk meets the requirements above and now choose what would you like to use the disk cloning software for.
- The difference between the "Clone" feature and the "System Clone" feature is that, if you use the "Clone" feature to clone Windows 10, you will copy all the content on the disk where Windows 10 is in. While if you use "System Clone" to clone Windows 10, you will only copy the system and boot partition(s) on the disk only.
EaseUS disk clone software allows you to perform Windows 10 disk clone with simple clicks, and it's a sector by sector clone feature that allows you to clone every file to a new hard disk with the same disk layout. Free download this software and connect the new HDD/SSD with your PC, and follow the next tutorial steps to clone the disk (whether it contains Windows 10 OS or not) without reinstalling Windows 10 now:
- The "Sector by sector copy" asks the size of your destination disk to be at least equal to or larger than that of the source disk. Leave this feature unchecked if you wish to clone a larger hard disk to a smaller hard disk.
- All data on the destination disk will be completely erased, so take care.
Step 1. To start copying/cloning an entire disk to another, choose this disk as the source disk under "Disk Mode" and click "Next".
Step 2. Choose the other disk as the destination disk.
Step 3. Check the disk layout of the two disks. You can manage the disk layout of the destination disk by selecting "Autofit the disk", "Copy as the source" or "Edit disk layout".
- "Autofit the disk" makes some changes by default on the destination disk layout so that it can work at its best status.
- "Copy as the source"does not change anything on destination disk and the layout is the same as source disk.
- "Edit disk layout" allows you to manually resize/move partition layout on this destination disk.
Tick the "Check the option if the target is SSD" option to put your SSD in its best performance.
A message now appears, warning you that data will be lost. Please confirm this message by clicking "OK" and then click "Next".
Step 4. Click "Proceed" to officially execute the task.
Also read: How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to SSD
After this, you can reboot PC and continue to use Windows 10 on your new hard disk or SSD without reinstallation. Then you can choose to remove the source disk or use it for data storage on your computer.
You have learned about the way to clone Windows 10 or Windows 10 disk with EaseUS Disk Copy. If you still want to find and download the best disk cloning software. Here, I'll show you the top three best cloning software in 2022 for HDD or SDD clone.
EaseUS has released a reliable and professional-grade cloning utility for home and business. With it, you can clone the whole disk or only wanted partition with ease. It is EaseUS Disk Copy.
- It has a user-friendly interface
- It has small installation files
- Very simple features - Disk clone and partition clone
- It requires an email account to register
EaseUS Todo Backup is also disk cloning software. It enables you to clone disk, partition, and system. What's more, it has a backup and recovery feature, which can help you protect your data.
- It has a user-friendly interface
- It can satisfy your disk/partition/system clone needs with ease
- It has many other highlights (file backup, system backup, disk partition backup, and more)
- The system clone feature is paid only
Macrium Reflect is developed by Paramount Software UK Ltd. It is mainly designed for business clients or enterprises with huge data to protect. This software also provides you with a disk cloning feature.
- Clone an entire hard drive or specific partitions on a disk
- This tool also has backup and recovery features to protect data
- The interface is a little bit old
- Only free for 30 days, and the price is $69.95
EaseUS disk cloning software is frequently used to upgrade computer disks. If your computer runs slower with Windows 10 since the disk is almost full or you want to transfer all your present hard disk data into a bigger HDD or SSD so to optimize your computer, this tool fits your needs exactly. Whether you want to clone disk, clone Windows 10, or make a backup of your files elsewhere, this software will be helpful to you.
Clone Drive Windows 10 Frequently Asked Questions
You can read these questions and answers to get additional help if you have difficulty in disk cloning Windows 10.
How do I clone a bootable hard drive Windows 10?
- 1. Launch EaseUS Disk Copy and click "Disk Clone". The current system (Windows 10) partition and boot partition will be automatically selected.
- 2. Choose the target drive - It could be a hard drive or an SSD.
- 3. Click "Proceed" to start cloning Windows 10.
Does Windows 10 have cloning software?
Windows 10 itself doesn't have cloning software. But you can use EaseUS Disk Copy. It is a backup tool that is perfect for cloning a hard drive. The software is neat, clean, and very straightforward, and it is free to download as well. Using this tool, you can clone Windows 10 OS to a new hard drive within a few minutes.
Why can't I clone my old hard drive to my new hard drive?
Make sure the capacity of the drive that you are cloning is equal to or larger than the capacity of the drive you are cloning from. If there are bad sectors or errors on the old hard drive, it may not be able to be cloned.
How do I transfer Windows 10 to my SSD?
To migrate OS to SSD:
- 1. Connect the new HDD/SSD to your PC.
- 2. Run EaseUS Disk Copy for Windows 10 Clone.
- 3. Choose the destination disk - HDD/SSD to save Windows 10 system. Then, click "Proceed".
Was this page helpful? Your support is truly important to us!
EaseUS Disk Copy
EaseUS Disk Copy is a well designed and very easy-to-use HDD/SSD cloning and migration tool, a tool which should be ideal for anyone wanting to quickly and easily migrate an existing system disk to a new disk (or newly installed SSD drive) with the minimal of configuration required.
Updated by"I hope my articles can help solve your technical problems. If you are interested in other articles, you can check the articles at the bottom of this page, and you can also check my Facebook to get additional help."…Read full bio
Written byTracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.…Read full bio
EaseUS Disk Copy
Dedicated cloning tool to meet all your system, disk, and partition clone needs.