Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
In this article, you'll learn:
- What Is Recuva
- Is Recuva Safe to Use
- Is Recuva Data Recovery Software Safe, What's More About Recuva Recovery
- Is it Safe to Recover Data with Recuva, How to Recover
- Recuva's Best Alternative – EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Questions like "What is Recuva?" "Is Recuva Safe?" "Is Recuva free?" are often asked by computer users. First, you'd better learn some basic information about Recuva. It is a professional data recovery software for Windows. It is developed by Piriform Software (a British software company), and this company also supports CCleaner.
Recuva is a famous and popular data recovery tool, and you will see a slogan on its website - Recover your deleted files quickly and easily. You'll need the Recuva recovery tool in many situations, such as:
- 🗑️Accidentally deleted essential files on Windows PC.
- 💻Lose important files after the system crashes.
- 🗂️Files suddenly disappeared Windows 10/11.
- 💽Lose data on a damaged hard drive.
- 📷Unexpectedly data loss on digital cameras or other devices.
- 🦠Attacked by computer viruses or malware, and files are deleted.
All these situations are very likely to be encountered. Is Recuva safe? The answer is YES. You can trust this recovery tool when encountering common data loss situations while using the computer, and it is totally safe and clean. Keep reading to find out why we should trust Recuva.
Recuva is a 100% safe recovery program for both its free and pro versions. PC Magazine gives Recuva a 3.5 rate out of 5 and mentions this software's low price and high cost-effectiveness. You can check the following quote to learn the detailed information quickly:
Recuva may be right up your alley. It offers both a free version and a low-cost $19.95 Professional version of its software. It's very good no-cost/low-cost file recovery software, and, for the price, you may not care that it recovers fewer files than our two Editors' Choice apps in this category, Kroll Ontrack EasyRecovery and Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery. From PC Magazine
We have mentioned the company that develops Recuva in the first part of this passage, and you should know that it is a well-known software company specializing in system optimization.
You may feel mistrusted when you don't have to pay a penny to use a data recovery program, but the truth is that not all freeware contains viruses or malware. One important thing is to download Recuva freely from a safe source like the official website and not trust any cracked version.
To help you learn more information about the Recuva recovery tool, we'll discuss the key features and highlights in the next part.
Our professional recovery team has downloaded Recuva and experienced this software for a week, and there are some important points you don't want to miss.
Differences Between Recuva Free and Pro Versions
To help you understand the differences and gather key points quickly, we have organized the differences between Recuva Free and Recuva Pro into a simple table:
|Recuva Free||Recuva Pro|
|Advanced File Recovery||✅||✅|
|Virtual Hard Drive Recovery||❌||✅|
Pros and Cons of Recuva Data Recovery Software
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of Recuva:
- 100% free
- User-friendly interface
- Support wide-range of file types
- Recover corrupted hard drive
- 2 Scan Modes supported
- Remove files permanently
- Don't have Mac or mobile phone version
- Slow scanning speed relatively
- Limited direct customer support
Don't forget to share this page to let more people know useful information about Recuva.
Mains Features of Recuva Recovery Program
Like most data recovery software, Recuva focuses on recovering deleted files on Windows PCs. Why is this software so popular, and what are the main features of Recuva? Check the highlights of Recuva below:
- The small size of the Recuva installer makes it easier to download and install the Recuva recovery wizard on a Windows PC or laptop.
- Rather than colorful and complex interfaces, Recuva's operation interface only contains the necessary information to ensure users with limited technical knowledge can use it easily.
- The 3-stages scanning process can analyze and recover deleted files better. On the scanning page, Recuva will tell how long it will take to finish scanning.
- The advanced mode can recover files that you cannot recover with the normal recovery mode of Recuva, and you can review the recovered files.
The following article will benefit you if you want to learn more about Recuva：
Recuva Review (Free Download)
Recuva is an official tool made by Piriform Software for Windows, which delivers professional solutions for recovering deleted files. Read more >>
After reading the information mentioned earlier, you may know that it is safe to recover data with Recuva. Have you downloaded Recuva yet? This section will provide a detailed tutorial to help you recover files with Recuva.
Step 1. Launch Recuva on a supported Windows PC, and you will see a startup interface. Click "Next" to continue. (Remember to connect the external storage devices if you want to perform external hard drive data recovery.)
Step 2. Select what sort of files you want to recover. If you don't know the file types, just choose "All Files". After that, click "Next" to continue.
Step 3. To help Recuva find your lost files more quickly, you can choose where they are located before they go missing. If you don't know the location, choose "I'm not sure" and click "Next".
Step 4. After scanning, all the found files will show up with checkboxes. Select the files you want to recover and click "Recover" in the lower right corner.
If you encounter issues like scanning stuck while using Recuva, check the following passage to fix it:
How to Fix Recuva Deep Scan Stuck or Frozen
Recuva deep scan stuck or frozen is troubling many users. Learn how to fix Recuva deep scan stuck and not working within minutes. Read more >>
Sometimes you may encounter Recuva recovered files not opening, and you'll need an alternative at that moment. With so many data recovery programs on Google search results, finding a safe one, just like Recuva, is difficult.
We highly recommend you choose EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to fix your data loss problem. Unlike Recuva, the EaseUS recovery tool has both Mac and Windows versions and is also a portable recovery tool. The following buttons are linked to the download page of the EaseUS recovery tool trial version. The links are safe, and please feel free to click the buttons.
Why should you choose EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard? The following highlights of this software may answer your question:
- 🔖Functional. It can recover lost or missing files in simple steps and also support file repair, including photo repair, document repair, and video repair.
- 💪Powerful. It can recover more than 1000 file types from 2000+ storage devices. It can solve almost every data loss issue you may encounter, like Recycle Bin recovery.
- ⛑️Reliable. If you are worried about "Is EaseUS safe?" right now, we can give you a possible answer – Yes, EaseUS is definitely safe.
- 🏆Professional. This software is the most popular one of the EaseUS company, and it rated 4.7 out of 5 in Trustpilot.
We also have a tutorial on how to recover files with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard:
Step 1. Choose the exact file location and then click the "Scan" button to continue.
Step 2. After the process, select the "Deleted Files" and "Other Lost Files" folders in the left panel. Then, you can apply the "Filter" feature or click the "Search files or folders" button to find the deleted files.
Step 3. Click the "Recover" button and save the restored files – ideally, it should be different from the original one.
If you find this software is truly worthy of recommendation, or you want to ask other users about the customer experience of EaseUS, don't hesitate to click the share buttons below.
To Wrap Up
Two data recovery tools mentioned in this passage are both safe and highly recommended and suitable for new computer users. You can visit Recuva's official website to download Recuva safely. If you want to download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, clicking the following buttons will start downloading immediately.
Is Recuva Safe FAQs
We guess you have gotten the wanted answer to the question "Is Recuva Safe?" after reading the passage. You may learn more from the following Q&As:
1. How to recover Recuva unrecoverable files?
You can recover Recuva unrecoverable files with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This software is easy to use, and you'll need three steps to get back the deleted files - scan, preview, and recover.
2. Is Recuva really free to use?
Yes, Recuva has two versions, actually. The free version is totally free to use, and the professional version of Recuva only costs 24.95$.
3. Does Recuva have a Mac version?
No, Recuva is only supported on Windows operating systems. You can find alternatives to recover data from a Mac computer, and EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac may be a good choice.
4. What are the disadvantages of Recuva?
Recuva doesn't have a Mac or mobile phone version, and the scanning speed is relatively slow than other data recovery tools.
Was This Page Helpful?
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More