Page Table of Contents
Transferring files from one Operating System to another is no hidden requirement for many users. While shifting devices or sharing documents with other users, you need to transfer files between your devices. Moving data from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is a general requirement of many users. EaseUS will focus on methods of transferring files from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Wi-Fi.
We will start with discussing multiple methods explaining the process of transferring files from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Wi-Fi. You can find basic information from the comparison table below, and then follow the steps carefully and look into all technicalities involving the processes.
|💻Goal||Transfer Files from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Using WiFi|
|🧰Preparation||Computer, WiFi, EaseUS Todo PCTrans|
✔️[Easy] Transfer files between different Windows via EaseUS Partition Master
✔️[Medium] Move files from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Network Sharing
✔️[Complex] Use Google Drive to transfer files from Windows 7 to 10
There are a few direct ways to transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10 devices. However, seeing the lack of diversity, adopting third-party services is a dire need. With many options, EaseUS Todo PCTrans is an excellent service for transferring entire programs, settings, and accounts to another device. As an act of safety, the service also keeps a backup of all shared data from the computer. With this tool, you will find the file transfer process is simple and efficient in all ways.
Following the comprehensive steps of transferring files between Windows 7 and Windows 10 using EaseUS Todo PCTrans:
Step 1. Select the transfer mode.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both computers.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and choose "PC to PC". (The "PC to PC" feature transfer files based on the network connection. If your PCs are not on the same LAN, choose "Backup and Restore" instead.)
- Ensure your PCs meet the requirements of network-based transfer and click "Continue".
Step 2. Connect the two computers.
- Connect to the target PC, then input the account password or verification code of the target PC.
- Check the verification code on the right top of the "PC to PC" main screen on the target PC.
- Specify the transfer direction and click "Connect".
Step 3. Choose the files you want to transfer.
- Hover on the "Files" option and click "Edit".
- Check the files you want to transfer.
- If you want to change the default storage path, click the "Edit" icon.
- Afterward, click "Finish".
Step 4. Transfer files between two different operating systems.
- After selecting the files, click “Transfer” to start the transfer process.
- When it has done, click “OK” and you can go to check the files on the target PC.
Advantages of Using EaseUS Todo PCTrans For Transferring Files
We have also rounded some of the most prominent advantages of using EaseUS Todo PCTrans for transferring files, which are mentioned as follows:
- You can also clean out the unnecessary system files from Windows and gain space on your computer.
- Provides support for Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and 11, making it a versatile service.
- It can solve the "C drive is full" problem, which is an excellent option for taking control of the device.
Other Features of EaseUS Todo PCTrans
There are some other features of EaseUS Todo PCTrans that you should know. Look through these features to learn more about the service and its efficiency:
- Transfer user account from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Export data from a damaged computer and restore it on another PC.
- Transfer games to an external hard drive.
Download and install this all-featured tool and let it help you fix all the tough problems of partitions or disks:
Network sharing is considered one of the direct ways of transferring files from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This built-in function can provide the users with the option of sharing files with other users. However, it is not exceptionally efficient in terms of speed and performance. Following this, look through the steps to know the way to transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Wi-Fi with network sharing:
Step 1. On your Windows 7 computer, access the "Windows" icon and select the "Search" bar to type the option of "Network and Sharing Center."
Step 2. As it opens on a new screen, proceed to "Change advanced sharing settings" to navigate to the following settings.
Step 3. Continuing next, enable the options of "Network discovery," "File and printer sharing," "Public folder sharing," and "Password protected sharing."
Step 4. After enabling these options, you must create a shared link for transferring the files. Access the respective location from where you want to share the files and right-click on them. Select the option of "Share with" and continue the selection by selecting "Specific people…."
Step 5. On the next window, change the option to "Everyone" and click "Add." Set the permissions to "Read/Write" and continue by clicking "Share."
Step 6. Open your Windows 10 computer and launch File Explorer. Continue to select the option of "Network" from the left panel. Next, look for your Windows 7 computer and double-click to open it. You can then access the shared files from Windows 7 and copy them to the other device.
Google Drive is cloud storage that provides exceptional file-sharing services for all users. If you have a computer with Windows 7 and want to transfer files to Windows 10, it can be done using Google Drive. Follow the respective steps to know how to process the functions using Google Drive:
Step 1. Open the browser on your PC and continue to open Google Drive. As you access it, click the "New" button while having the "My Drive" section open on the screen.
Step 2. Select the option of "File Upload" or "Folder Upload" to upload the respective data you want to upload to Google Drive.
Step 3. Open Google Drive from the Windows 10 computer and continue to log in with the same Google account. Once done, right-click the file that has been uploaded and select the "Download" option.
If this page is helpful to you, click the buttons below to share it on your social media platform:
While you have figured out the ways to migrate files from Windows 7 to Windows 10, there are some questions every user might have in mind. This part recognizes the situations, advantages, and tips to keep in mind while performing such tasks.
Situations To Transfer Files
The following reasons might explain a few of the many situations when you want to transfer files from Windows to Windows 11 using Wi-Fi:
- When changing yourselves to a new computer, you must seek the option of transferring files. In this case, the old computer can be a Windows 7, and the new device can be a Windows 10.
- If you share files with another person with a Windows 10, such conditions can be observed.
Advantages of Transferring Data Using Wi-Fi
There are some potential advantages of considering the option of transferring data using Wi-Fi between Windows devices, which are mentioned as follows:
- Fast Transfer Speed: The process takes a few minutes to complete all the transfers. You are not required to wait for hours to transfer GBs of data.
- Secure Transfer Environment: You do not compromise your data while moving it through Wi-Fi.
- No USB Required: Transferring data through Wi-Fi is a clean process and does not require any cable connection to process.
Tips to Boost File Transfer Using Wi-Fi
You should follow the following tips whenever you are considering transferring files from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Wi-Fi:
- Keep both devices close to the Wi-Fi router while avoiding obstacles.
- Do not use other applications and programs while practicing Wi-Fi data transfer between devices.
- Try using the latest Wi-Fi standard for efficient data transfers and improved stability.
- Attach a Wi-Fi extender to your router to improve the signal strength of file transfer.
This article has given a comprehensive overview of all methods that can be easily practiced to transfer files from Windows 7 to 10 using Wi-Fi. With the provided methods, the article also offers valuable tips and reasons for trying this method for data transfer. For perfect results, utilize the services of EaseUS Todo PCTrans for effective execution of the operations. It makes data transfer very simple and efficient. Moreover, the processing speed of the software is fast, and data transfer through it does not take much time. Click the following link to learn other applicable scenarios of EaseUS Todo PCTrans:
FAQs About Transfer Files from Windows 7 to Windows 10
To better understand the process of transferring files from Windows 7 to Windows 10, we have provided a list of questions that many people question. Follow the questions and their respective answers to learn more about file sharing between Windows 7 and Windows 10:
1. How do I transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
File files can be transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Google Drive. To successfully transfer files using Google Drive, follow the instructions provided next:
Step 1: Open Google Drive and upload the individual files and folders you want to transfer.
Step 2: After uploading all files, open Google Drive with the same account on your Windows 10 computer. Select the files and right-click to use the option of "Download."
2. How to transfer files to another laptop without USB?
If you wish to transfer files to another laptop without USB, you can do it using the network sharing settings. First, use the following steps for a better understanding of the process:
Step 1: Open Network and Sharing settings and enable a few settings before creating a shared link for the files.
Step 2: Navigate to the separate files and right-click to select the option of "Share with," and continue to click the "Specific people…" option.
Step 3: Change the option to "Everyone" on the next window and change the settings to "Read/Write." Continue to the other Windows 10 device and open the "Network" folder. Select the Windows 7 computer in the folder, copy all the files, and paste it onto the new computer.
3. How to copy a user folder from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
If you look forward to copying a user folder from Windows 7 to Windows 10, you can do it easily using EaseUS Todo PCTrans. This service lets you directly copy all user settings to a new computer.
About the Author
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More