SSD (Solid State Drive) is increasingly popular among computer users because of its high performance compared with HDD. As its price becomes lower and lower, it will occupy a larger position in the market, and more users will upgrade the original HDD to SSD. This article from EaseUS will tell you how to replace hard drive with SSD without reinstalling Windows. Let's get started.
Before you dive into the detailed information on this topic, let's see what you need to prepare.
|🧰Tools You Will Use||EaseUS Disk Copy|
Download this awesome disk cloning software here
Whether you are looking to increase the performance of your computer or simply want to improve its reliability, making the switch from a traditional hard drive to an SSD can provide numerous benefits.
- Advantages of SSD over HDD
1. Faster reading and writing speed
2. Stronger reliability and durability
3. Safer data restoring
- Benefits after you replace HDD with SSD
1. SSD is much faster than HDD, which leads to shorter boot times and quicker load times for games and programs.
2. SSD is more durable and reliable, as it has no moving parts that can break or fail.
If you are looking to upgrade your hard drive, you may be wondering if you need to reinstall Windows. The answer is no! With a few simple steps, you can clone your hard drive and replace it with an SSD without losing any of your data or having to reinstall Windows.
EaseUS Disk Copy fits all your requirements perfectly and helps you to go through the whole process easily without making any mistakes. It is a professional tool for cloning disks, systems, or other data. With it, you can effortlessly replace a laptop HDD with an SSD and migrate systems to other computers.
In addition, it can help you clone a hard disk with bad sectors due to its sector-by-sector clone technology. It can also help you create a WinPE bootable disk and install Windows after replacing a hard drive.
EaseUS Disk Copy can help you replace a laptop's hard drive without losing data or reinstalling Windows, and it is safe to use. You can feel free to download it on your computer to help you clone or replace a hard drive.
- Preparations before Replacing
Before you are ready to start, you need to prepare a few things and pay attention to some important points so as to ensure that everything is safe.
1. Back up your SSD in advance if there are files in it.
* Cloning an HDD to the SSD will erase all the data on the target device.
2. Make sure the capacity of the SSD is bigger than the used space on your HDD.
* If the storage capacity of the SSD is not large enough, data may be lost or destroyed.
3. Make sure the partition style of the target disk is in accordance with the source disk.
- Step-by-step Guide
When everything is ready, you can start by following the instructions below：
Step 1: In "Disk Mode", select the HDD that you want to clone.
Step 2: Select the SSD as your destination.
Step 3: Edit the disk layout and then click "Proceed" to continue.
As the destination is an SSD, you are suggested to tick "Check the option if the target is SSD".
A warning message tells you that the data on the SSD will be erased. Click "OK" to continue if you do not have important data on the destination disk.
Step 4: Wait for the process to complete.
If you like this post, you can share it on your social platforms to help more people.
Case 1. If you only want to keep the new SSD
1. Unplug the old hard drive or format it as a storage drive.
2. Connect the SSD to your computer and make sure it can be detected by the computer.
3. Restart your computer.
Case 2. If you want to keep both the old disk and the new one
1. Restart the PC and press F2 (F8, F10, DEL...) to enter BIOS settings.
2. In the Boot option, select new HDD/SSD as the new boot drive.
3. Exit BIOS and restart the computer.
If the cloned SSD won't boot, you can try it again.
This post shows you how to replace hard drive with SSD without reinstalling Windows and boot it on your computer. With the help of a professional and useful tool like EaseUS Disk Copy, you don't have to restore your files and data, as well as reinstall the system. Just download it and have a try. You will not regret it!
FAQs on Replace Hard Drive with SSD without Reinstalling Windows
1. Can I move Windows from HDD to SSD without losing data?
Yes, you can transfer Windows from HDD to SSD without losing data, but you have to use professional cloning software like EaseUS Disk Copy. This is because Windows does not offer such a tool that lets you clone your hard drive or system.
2. Will Windows recognize a new SSD?
You must initialize a new SSD before it can be used as a storage device. The File Explorer or Disk Management tool won't recognize a new SSD that you have installed on your computer until it has been initialized.
3. What happens if I replace my hard drive with SSD?
If you replace your hard drive with an SSD, your computer will perform dramatically better. Performance is the main factor motivating individuals to switch from an HDD drive to an SSD. SSDs can be up to 10 times faster than HDDs, depending on the work at hand.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Disk Copy
- Clone an old disk to a new one
- Clone a small disk to a large one
- Clone HDD to SSD
How to Clone HDD to SSD on Windows 10/8/7