- 01 Format Recovery
- 02 Recover Quick Formatted Drive
- 03 Recover Files After Format Windows 10
- 04 How to Recover Formatted Data from Laptop
- 05 Undo Quick Format
- 06 Unformat Disk
- 07 Does Formatting a USB Delete Everything
- 08 USB Needs to Be Formatted
- 09 Format USB Without Losing Data
- 10 Sandisk SD Card Not Formatting
- 11 Memory Card Not Formatting
- 12 External Hard Drive Not Formatting
- 13 Low Level Format Recovery
Case 1: "I mistakenly formatted my hard drive in Windows 10. Is it possible to recover partial files as the drive is formatted?”
Case 2: "One of my partitions was formatted after Windows 10 update. That's weird. How can I recover formatted partition Windows 10?”
Accidentally formatting hard drive partition in Windows 10 is one of the top issues that may happen to most ordinary users. So what should you do if your hard drive partition gets formatted by accident in Windows 10? Can anyone solve the problems of how to recover files from formatted Windows 10 partition?
Read on, and you'll get a comprehensive guide here about what to do and how to recover files after format Windows 10.
It's vital to be clear about what you should do after formatting a hard drive by mistake. Here are two tips that will guide you through restoring all formatted data immediately in Windows 10. Once you lose files on the hard drive partition after formatting, to avoid further data loss, please do remember:
- ❌Stop using the partition right away.
- 🗂️Don't save new files on the formatted hard drive partition.
Keep reading the passage, and we'll show you how to recover formatted drive in Windows 10. We'll introduce two methods to help you recover deleted files from hard drive:
|Urgent users who want to get lost files back immediately.
|Users who are not urgent, knowing little about data recovery.
|Data Recovery Capacity
A small amount of data for recovery.
The more data you lose, the more money you'll need to pay.
|Secure for protecting your own privacy
Several minutes. (3-5 mins or so.)
It depends on how much data you've saved on the device.
|1 - 2 weeks
|For Windows users: $ 69.95
For Mac users: $89.95
|Hundred to thousand dollars
Using format data recovery software should be your first choice since many ordinary users don't know how to recover data from formatted hard disk in Windows 10 free. We recommend you try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, which works professionally in dealing with data loss troubles like recovering files from formatted Windows 10 partition. You can click the following buttons to download the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard trial version freely.
The highlights of EaseUS format recovery software are as followings:
- Recover formatted hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, and external hard drives, etc.
- Recover deleted files Windows10 and it can also recover data from the latest Windows versions.
- Recover deleted photos from hard disk, and also support video, audio, and email recovery.
To help you understand how to use this software, you can check the following video:
- 00:05 How to format the hard drive
- 01:50 Why do you need to format hard drives
- 02:31 How to recover formatted hard drives
The 3-step guide to recover Windows 10 formatted hard drive data:
Note: To guarantee a high data recovery chance, install EaseUS data recovery software on another disk instead of the formatted disk.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Choose the hard drive partition which you've accidentally formatted and click "Scan".
Step 2. This formatted hard drive recovery software will start scanning for all the lost data and files. After scanning, you can click "Filter" to filter a specific file type to quickly find files you need. Or click Search files or folders to select data that you want to recover.
Step 3. Preview the scanned files. Then, select the ones that you wish to recover and click "Recover". Choose a new location to store the files and click "OK".
Don't forget to share this method on social media to let more users know about EaseUS!
You can easily find data recovery services in USA, and other countries with Google Maps. If you don't want to go to a local repair center, it is better to contact EaseUS data recovery services. Our professional data recovery engineers will fix your problem and recover files.
EaseUS Format Data Recovery ServicesClick here to contact our experts for a free evaluation
Consult with EaseUS Data Recovery Experts for one-on-one manual recovery service. We could offer the following services after FREE diagnosis:
- Repair corrupted RAID structure, unbootable Windows OS, and corrupted virtual disk file (.vmdk, .vhd, .vhdx, etc.)
- Recover/repair lost partition and re-partitioned drive after accidentally formatted hard drive windows 10
- Unformat hard drive and repair the RAW drive (BitLocker encrypted drive)
- Fix disks that become GPT-protected partitions
After following the above three steps with the help of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, all of your lost files will revive. However, the best way to protect your data is not to merely rely on recovery software to perform format recovery or deletion recovery.
Having an integral plan to fully protect your data from loss in all kinds of disasters is also essential and necessary. Refer to the tips below, and you'll know what to do to protect Windows 10 data and avoid data loss.
⭐1. Back Up Windows 10 Regularly
You can either use Windows 10 File History or backup software for help. Here, you can try EaseUS Todo Backup, which enables users to selectively back up files, a whole hard drive partition, and even the current running system within only 3 simple steps. Having a backup of essential files and data on Windows 10 frequently will effectively save you from sudden data loss, system crash, or other problems.
If you want to recover files with File History, Select "Windows File Recovery" after entering the Windows File Recovery window. Regular and Extensive are the two fundamental modes that you can utilize to recover files.
- Don't save your backups at the source drive or disk. Save them to another disk or external hard drive instead.
⭐2. Use a Professional Antivirus Software
Run the virus cleaner software to clean up the existing virus and malware to protect your data and computer.
⭐3. Choose an Efficient Data Recovery Tool - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Stop using the source device once you lose files due to deleting, formatting, or other reasons. Apply EaseUS data recovery software to undo quick format, and solve the data loss troubles, such as to recover lost partitions. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one of the best Windows 10 data recovery software that can recover lost files from Windows 10 hard drives and recover formatted and inaccessible data. It can recover all types of lost files from any hard drive or storage device.
How to Recover Files After Format Windows 10 FAQs
Here are some related questions about how to recover files from formatted hard disk in Windows 10. Continue to read in-depth.
1. Is it possible to recover data from damaged hard disk?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can recover files under a wide range of complex situations, including damaged hard disk. Moreover, it can recover data from a dead hard drive that won't boot. You can create a bootable drive for running on the damaged or dead hard drive and recovering data.
- Download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard WinPE Edition on your computer.
- Select the hard drive you want to recover. Click the Scan button.
- Preview files and click Recover to recover data.
2. How do I recover files from a formatted hard drive Windows 10?
Windows 10 formatted recovery steps.
- Download and run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your Windows 10 PC. Select the formatted hard drive to scan.
- Select the file types you want to recover.
- Preview and recover lost files.
3. How can I recover files from a formatted hard drive for free?
To recover deleted files or recover files from a formatted hard drive for free, you can use the free version of EaseUS hard drive recovery software. It enables you to recover formatted hard drives for free in a different file system, such as FAT(FAT12/FAT16/FAT32), exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2, ext3, HFS+, and ReFS.
It allows you to recover lost data on a laptop, PC, hard drive, external disk, SSD, USB drive, memory card, and so on.
4. What is the best hard drive recovery software?
If you lost data and want to recover deleted files, try the 15 best hard drive recovery software:
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Stellar Data Recovery
- Disk Drill
- Recover My Files
- Acronis Revive
- Data Rescue
- OnTrack EasyRecovery
- Wise Data Recovery Software
Was This Page Helpful?
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
Cedric/Jul 20, 2023
Brithny/Jan 12, 2024
Tracy King/Nov 28, 2023
Jean/Oct 19, 2023