Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Quick Fix To Repair Memory Card Not Formatted with Diskpart:
- Press Windows + R shortcut.
- Input cmd in the pop window and click OK.
- Type Diskpart > list disk > select disk 1 > clean > create partition primary > format fs = ntfs quick
- For more details>>
A RAW issue with the error message "you need to format the disk", "disk not formatted" can happen to memory cards or SD cards unexpectedly and bring you trouble while accessing your device and data. It usually occurs because your device is corrupted. On this page, a step-by-step tutorial will show you how to fix or repair a memory card that shows "not formatted" error without losing data. These solutions can also fix format errors that happened to other removable devices like SD card, external hard drive, USB flash drive, etc.
Reasons for memory card not formatting
- Bad sectors in the memory card. (You can use EaseUS Partition Master to do a surface test.)
- The memory card is write-protected. (You can only read but not write data in the memory card.)
- The virus attacks the memory card.
- Improper install.
- Sudden power failure during data writing, editing, or reading.
First. Recover data from memory card format error
When a memory card shows not formatted error, you should first retrieve your data if you have important data on the device and then format the device to fix it. EaseUS disk data recovery is a great tool that can help you. Try this safer way if you are thinking about how to repair a memory card without formatting to protect your data, try this safer way. It can help with data recovery in all the following situations:
- Memory card warns with "not formatted" message and asks you to format the card.
- Memory card became RAW with 0-byte memory.
- SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it.
- Getting "memory card not formatted operation failed" error message.
- 'Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera'.
- Receiving "This type of file system is RAW. Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" error message.
To recover data from "memory card not formatted" before fixing the error:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, select the SD card and click "Scan".
Step 2. Wait until the scan is over. If you are looking for a specific file type, click "Filter" to find a specific file type. You can also search for wanted files at the top-right corner.
Step 3. Select the wanted files to recover. A double click allows you to preview the files before recovery. Next, click "Recover" after making the decision.
- 1. Unformat the drive
- 2. Repair the RAID, RAW disk or operating system
- 3. Recover lost partition (the one that cannot be recovered by software)
Second. Repair a memory card that cannot be formatted with error
After recovering your data, you can try to repair the memory card format error by formatting it in Windows. But sometimes, you may encounter a memory card format problem with Windows saying it was unable to complete the format or other error messages. Here you can download EaseUS partition software for free, a powerful memory card format problem solution software. It works well to repair memory card not formatted error.
- The formatting operation will erase your data totally.
Method 1:To repair memory card not formatted with EaseUS partition tool:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master, right-click the partition on your external hard drive/USB/SD card which you want to format and choose the "Format" option.
Step 2. Assign a new partition label, file system (NTFS/FAT32/EXT2/EXT3), and cluster size to the selected partition, then click "OK".
Step 3. In the Warning window, click "OK" to continue.
Step 4. Click the "Execute Operation" button in the top-left corner to review the changes, then click "Apply" to start formatting your external hard drive/USB/SD card.
Method 2: To repair memory card not formatted with Diskpart
Diskpart is a powerful tool to format sd card in Windows 10. However, the formatting process needs more steps than method 1. Be patient about diskpart steps.
1. Press Windows + R shortcut.
2. Input cmd in the pop window and click OK.
3. Type Diskpart > list disk > select disk 1 > clean > create partition primary > format fs = ntfs quick
Method 3：To repair memory card error with Disk Management
1. Click Windows + X shortcut.
2. Choose Disk Management.
3. Find your memory card on the right panel.
4. Right-click the memory card and choose Format.
5. Set Volume label, File system, and Allocation unit size.
6. Click OK to complete a quick format.
Method 4：To fix memory card problem via Windows File Explorer
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Choose This PC.
3. Right-click the memory card and select format.
4. Set the proper volume label, file system, and allocation unit size.
5. Click Start.
- When you use Disk Management and File Explorer to repair memory card not formatted error, you may receive such a message like “The format did not complete successfully” or “Windows was unable to complete the format”.
- So we recommend using method one and method two to finish card format error.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy is enthusiastic to share technical tips and solutions about computing and technology. Being an EaseUS member since 2013, she also writes instructional content about data recovery, file/disk partition/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More