Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
How to fix a card cannot be accessed error in Canon camera effectively? First, recover data from your camera, then, format the SD card in Canon camera.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Recover Data from SD Card||Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files from an inaccessible SD card, and then formatting...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Format SD Card in the camera||Fix card cannot be accessed error in Canon camera. Hold the Up/Down button and open the menu...Full steps|
Error message - "Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with the camera."
Canon SD Card Error
This is a common error accepted by Canon owners when they insert a card reader in the digital camera/DSLR/camcorder. So far, quite a lot of popular Canon models are infected, including:
- Canon 7d, t5i, 80d, 6d, t1i, rebel t5, t3, 500d, 5d mark iii...
The "memory card cannot be accessed" error would prevent you from taking photos or viewing files. As the full error message implies,  try to reinsert the card a couple of times,  change the card with a new one, or  format the SD card in the camera. Those manners are meant to make the card function well.
Before taking action to troubleshoot with suggestions, you must find a digital camera recovery solution first. Data recovery is prior to SD card repair, as long as you cannot afford to lose the media files in the malfunctioning storage card.
Quick Tip: If it's a brand new memory card that you use for the first time, make sure that you format the SD card to FAT file system, which digital cameras can recognize properly.
How to Recover Data from Inaccessible SD Card
Since formatting an SD card would wipe data out, do not rush to format the card if tons of pictures and video clips are there. Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files from an inaccessible SD card, and then remove the error with your camera or PC.
What if you've formatted the card before coming to this solution? Don't bother, EaseUS hard drive recovery software is still able to recover formatted SD card data. Try to protect your lost videos and photos from overwriting by taking new photos. This act would help keep the lost data intact and safe for recovery.
Step 1. Run SD card recovery software and scan the card.
Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your PC and select your SD card. Then click "Scan" to start finding lost data on your SD card.
Step 2. Check found SD card data.
After the scanning process, you can click "Filter" to quickly find wanted files.
Step 3. Restore SD card data.
You can check and preview found files by double-clicking each one of them. Then click Recover to save found SD card files to a secure location on your PC or external storage.
How to Format SD Card in Canon Camera & PC
- In Canon Camera:
Make sure the camera battery is charged. Insert the SD card in your camera and turn it on.
- Step 1: Hold the Up/Down button and open the menu.
- Step 2: Select "Setup" or "Utilities".
- Step 3: Choose "Format". You'll receive an alert: "Format card. All data will be lost". Leave the "Low-level format" box unchecked because you don't need to do so.
- Step 4: Select "OK". Take out the SD card and reinsert it in the camera. No error messages are there again. You'll get a blank card for reuse.
- In a PC:
- Step 1: Connect the SD card with a card reader to your PC.
- Step 2: In the Windows File Explorer, right-click the removable disk that represents your card, and select "Format."
- Step 3: On the popup window, choose FAT under "File System" and Default Allocation Size under "Allocation Size". For other options, leave alone.
- Step 4: Click "Start" to format the disk. Safely eject the SD card and insert it back to the camera. No error messages are there again. You'll get a blank card for reuse.
How to Fix SD Card Not Formatted Error
What if you failed to format the SD card on both camera and PC? The causes to the Canon "SD card cannot be accessed" error will be a little different from the above part. For example, it might be SD card write protection, file system corruption, and virus infection. To troubleshoot the error deeper, refer to the article "Windows was unable to complete the format".
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More