Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Use the following three quick ways to fix can't open PDF error:
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Check Your Adobe Reader/Acrobat||You can try to fix PDF can't open problem by updating Adobe Reader/Acrobat, disabling the Protected Mode at Startup, or repairing the Adobe PDF reader...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Repair Your Corrupted PDF Files with a file repair tool||Use a file repair tool to fix corrupted or damaged PDF. EaseUS data recovery and repair software can scan and repair corrupted PDF documents...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Use Another PDF Reader Program or Re-transfer Files||If the former two ways fail to solve can't open PDF issue, your PDF may not compatible with the Adobe Acrobat reader. Try to change your PDF reader program, such as Cool PDF Reader...Full steps|
A PDF file is a wise choice for workers and students who store data or earn info from it. It is good in holds info but weak in file stability (contains internal and external reasons). That why people also place questions about why PDF files are not opening on forums or social media.
Fortunately, we try several ways and sort out 3 reliable ways to fix PDF won't open problem. If you are a Windows/Mac user, check the solutions below. What if you are looking for a PDF that won't open on Chrome/Outlook/Gmail? Extra tips will help you out!
Why I Can Not Open PDF File | Why PDF File Are Not Opening
Here are the common reasons that clouds on PDF fail to open the problem:
- Your PDF files are not compatible with your PDF reader.
- Your PDF is infected by a virus.
- Your Adobe Reader is out of date or damaged.
- PC transfer error.
- Your PDF files are corrupted (File content is missing).
These causes will interface your daily study and work. Nothing is more frustrating than not being to open a PDF file when you need it. To solve the "Can't Open PDF Files", try the 3 fixes outlined below - Check Adobe Reader, Repair damaged PDF file, and find another PDF reader or send files again.
1. Check Your Adobe Reader/Acrobat
Update Adobe Reader/Acrobat:
- Run Adobe Reader.
- Select Help from the top menu.
- Choose Check for Updates on the drop-down menu.
- Wait for the Update Successful message and restart your PC.
Disable the Protected Mode at Startup:
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Choose Edit on the top menu.
- Select Preferences on the drop-down menu.
- In the pop window, select the Security (Enhanced) on the Categories menu.
- Uncheck Enable Protected Mode at startup.
- Click OK.
Repair Adobe PDF reader:
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Choose Help on the top menu.
- Click Repair Installation.
- Choose Yes to start the repair process.
2. Repair Your Corrupted PDF Files
Typically, repair corrupted PDF files use file repair tool. Your files can be recovered by third-party software.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Recover lost or deleted files, documents, photos, audio, music, emails effectively
- Recover files from formatted hard drive, emptied recycle bin, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders
- Support data recovery for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations
3 steps to recover PDF corrupted files:
Step 1. Choose the location
Select the drive where you lost your PDF/PPT/Word/Excel files and click "Scan".
Step 2. Scan for lost documents
When the scanning process completes. Click "Documents" in the left panel. You can find wanted documents according to the file type. Or, directly search the files' names. When you find the documents, click "Preview" to see if it's the desired one.
Step 3. Recover lost documents
Select the wanted PDF/PPT/Word/Excel/TXT/ZIP documents and click the "Recover" button to save them to another secure location.
3. Use Another PDF Reader Program or Re-transfer Files
If those methods can not help you to open your PDF, your PDF may not compatible with the Adobe Acrobat reader. So we recommend your to change your PDF reader program, such as Cool PDF Reader, Expert PDF Reader, among others. Search them on the Google engine and check your favorable one.
Moreover, resending the files is probably the easiest way to open the file, provided you have a backup file or someone (perhaps your partner) saved the original data.
P.S. If your PDF won't open with a password, read our article to unlock PDF.
In this article, we have listed three ways to fix PDF can not open problem. If you still hesitate to try each of them, we are here to help you figure out what scenarios are each method suitable for, please check the table here.
|Scenes||Adobe Acrobat Reader||EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard||Use Another PDF Program or Resend the file|
|Need Backup||No||No||Yes (for Resend)|
|"PDF File Open" Rate||High||High||Not Sure|
|Recover Corrupted PDF||No||Yes||No|
- Considering that the file can not be opened due to a PDF setting problem, I suggest you change the settings of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Download and run it to get data back on account of file corruption.
1. Why PDF is not opening in Chrome?
Chrome browser does not use Adobe Reader to check PDF files. All you need to do is to save the file to the computer, then open it by Adobe Reader.
2. Why I can not open PDF on Outlook?
You may fail to see your files in Outlook directly because you don't have or update your Adobe Reader program. So moving to the website to get a quick download and then open the files again.
3. Why my PDF can't open on Gmail?
We are not sure this method is suitable for you. Check out the articles and proceed carefully.
- Clear device - Install junk cleaner from Google Play store.
- Clear Google Drive - Move to Settings > App & notifications > App info > Google Play store >Force Stop > Storage > Clear
- Update Gmail from Google Play store - Navigate Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps info > Gmail > Force stop > 3 dot menu > Uninstall update > Re-install Gmail
Check solutions released by Gmail Help...
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More