Page Table of Contents
1. Things about OneDrive and SharePoint
2. Transfer Files from OneDrive to SharePoint Manually
3. Transfer Files from OneDrive to SharePoint via Power Automate
4. Transfer Files Between PCs
Transfer Files from OneDrive to Another Location
OneDrive and SharePoint provide access to a secure platform for storing files and other important data. You can utilize these platforms' free cloud storage space to store your documents, photos, personal information, videos, etc.
You can do it manually or automatically to transfer files from OneDrive to SharePoint. This article will show you how to transfer files from OneDrive to SharePoint. We'll also show you how to transfer OneDrive between PCs using EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
OneDrive and SharePoint are cloud-based storage services created by Microsoft to store, share, and synchronize files between different devices. Although people perceive them to be similar, OneDrive and SharePoint have varying functions. Let's look at how each works.
OneDrive allows you to save files and photos and access them with different devices from anywhere. The storage service also allows you to edit and share files across your devices. Once saved on OneDrive, you won't lose your files even if your device gets damaged or stolen.
The service allows you to stay connected and share important files with family and friends. You'll only need to share a link to enable them to access your photos, files, and folders.
SharePoint allows you to store, distribute and manage files across users with different access permissions. It's an excellent platform to collaborate with employees via computer or mobile using an internal website. SharePoint allows you to customize everything based on preference.
For example, you can:
- Add capabilities using apps.
- Perform integrations outside Microsoft using app store tools.
- Develop websites using web design tools.
- Customize sites to specific users.
Why Transfer Files from OneDrive to SharePoint?
Moving files to SharePoint is important because it enables effortless collaboration and communication among team members. Unlike OneDrive, SharePoint allows different people to access one file simultaneously.
This enables team collaboration since members can work on a single project simultaneously, with each person making their contributions. The workspace enables you to store and share content, schedule tasks, and manage projects. SharePoint also enables one to make on-site file management where you can set permissions for members to access different file sections.
As a person in charge of the team, SharePoint allows you to control access to the files, minimizing users from viewing information they shouldn't. Most people would also want to transfer files to SharePoint because it allows one to create an intranet. This means you can create internal web pages accessible to only your team members.
The manual method is the first and most common method to move files from OneDrive to SharePoint. This enables you to share files with various members of your team. You can apply this technique in the following steps:
1. Open OneDrive.
2. Choose the files you want to move to SharePoint under "My Files."
3. Next, click "More options" and then "Move to."
4. Choose a SharePoint site to that you want to transfer the files. You'll see a list of all the SharePoint sites within your access.
5. Click on "Move here." All the selected files will the transfer from OneDrive to SharePoint. You can as well create a new folder and move files into it.
6. After you've moved all the files to your chosen SharePoint site, you can access them under "Documents."
Another way to move files from OneDrive to SharePoint is using Power Automate. You can achieve this in the following steps:
1. Go to https://flow.microsoft.com to open Power Automate.
2. Click on "Template."
3. Search and select "Move files from OneDrive for business to SharePoint site."
4. Add your email ID under "This flow will be connected to." Next, click on Continue.
5. Once the flow page opens, you'll see the first two flows: "When a file is created" and "Create a file in SharePoint."
6. Place your OneDrive folder under "When a file is created."
7. Next, under "Create a file," select your preferred SharePoint site address, i.e., SP learning. Click on the folder path to store the moved file, type a file name, and select the file content.
8. Under "Delete file," select the file to delete from OneDrive and transfer to SharePoint.
9. You can delete the "Send me a mobile notification" trigger and add a new one based on your preference.
10. Click on Save.
11. Click on Test when the notification "your flow is ready to go. We recommend you test it" pops up. You can then choose whether to test the flow automatically or manually. Pick "Manually," then click on "Save and test."
12. Add a file from OneDrive to know if the flow works
13. If everything is successful, the flow status changes to Succeeded. You'll have your file saved in the SharePoint library.
Transferring OneDrive folders from one PC to another helps you create multiple copies and data backups. If you want to transfer OneDrive from your current PC to another, the most recommended software tool is EaseUS Todo PC Trans. This tool provides a safer and faster way to move programs and settings across computers.
It runs on different Windows 11/10/8/7 devices. If you've purchased a new PC and want to transfer data from an old PC, EaseUS Todo PCTrans answers all your data migration needs.
Features of EaseUS Todo PCTrans
- Migrate user accounts and settings. When you shift to a new PC, EaseUS Todo PCTrans lets you quickly transfer your custom settings to it. You'll, therefore, not encounter problems related to personalization and power settings.
- Transfer via PC to PC. For an application like OneDrive, EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows you to move its files and data from one computer to another. The transfer happens directly and without any delays. You can also transfer system applications and user accounts using PC to PC transfer.
- Efficient Data Migration. EaseUS Todo PCTrans makes data transfer seamless because it allows you to move files between PCs without any data loss or damage. The software tool seeks to save on the effort and time spent on loading videos, music, and photos into another PC manually.
Advantages of EaseUS Todo PCTrans
- Enables automatic transfer of programs between PCs.
- Provides a faster way to migrate files and settings.
- Can recover data from a damaged PC.
- Doesn't require any technical knowledge before getting started.
- Access to free technical support.
Here are some specific steps for you to use this software to transfer OneDrive between two PCs:
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
On the source PC, select "PC to PC" on the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans and move on.
Step 2. Choose transfer direction - Old or New Computer
"New" - Transfer all data from remote old computer to current new computer.
"Old" - Transfer all data from current old device to a new computer.
Step 3. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
Step 4. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. You can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
|Transfer Onedrive to Google Drive||This article has mentioned three easy steps to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive.||Read More|
|Transfer Files from Onedrive to iCloud on iPad||In this article, you'll learn how to transfer files from OneDrive to iCloud Drive on Mac and PC.||Read More|
|Move Files from Onedrive to Another Onedrive||Read to move files from OneDrive to another OneDrive via copying manually, syncing, or using Power Automate.||Read More|
|Move Files from OneDrive to Local Drive||This article will tell you how to move your files to your local or hard drive in easy steps.||Read More|
OneDrive and SharePoint are the best cloud storage services that enable you to store, share, and synchronize files between different devices. It's also possible to move files from OneDrive to SharePoint. This enables team collaboration, setting ownership permissions, and creating intranets for large companies.
You can manually transfer files from OneDrive to SharePoint and use the Power Automate feature. The most recommended way to move OneDrive between PCs is using EaseUS Todo PCTrans. This software tool enables faster transfer of programs across computers and works well in Windows 11/10/8/7.
The software tool enables seamless data migration, user accounts, and PC settings. To get started with the trial version of EaseUS Todo PCTrans, you can click here.
About the Author
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More