Page Table of Contents
About OneDrive and iCloud
How to Move Files from OneDrive to iCloud on Mac
How to Move Files from OneDrive to iCloud on a PC
How to Transfer OneDrive between PCs
You Must Know! Transfer Files from OneDrive to Google Drive/OneDrive/SharePoint/Local Drive
Cloud storage services have made it easy to move data and files from one application to another. You'll need to create a user account to start with cloud services like OneDrive and iCloud. Once done, you can move files from OneDrive to iCloud and vice versa. You may want to do this for several reasons.
In this article, you'll learn how to transfer files from OneDrive to iCloud Drive on Mac and PC. First, we'll discuss the two applications and compare them. The article will also state how you can transfer installed applications from one PC to another using EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
OneDrive and iCloud are the most effective cloud storage technologies for files and data. OneDrive is a cloud storage service developed by Microsoft. It allows people to securely sync and backup files on the cloud and remotely access them whenever possible.
OneDrive allows users to access, download, or share data and files anytime. With its unique features, OneDrive allows users to save and access files online limitlessly. OneDrive allocates each new user a free storage space of 5GB.
On the other hand, iCloud is a cloud storage service developed by Apple Inc. It allows you to save personal data on the cloud, including music, photos, and applications. You can remotely access the saved files from any location through its dedicated servers, provided you have your Apple ID and password.
You can achieve this on all devices using iOS 5 or later. Like OneDrive, iCloud offers users a free storage space of 5GB.
Comparison between OneDrive and iCloud
|Available on all devices, including Android and iOS||Is Apple-exclusive and can only be accessible by Android devices through the web app|
|Supports remote uploading||Doesn't support remote uploading|
|Is considered more expensive than iCloud||The cloud service is cheaper than OneDrive|
|Has a storage space limit of 250GB for premium users||Has a storage space limit of 50GB for premium users|
|Offers two-factor authentication for extra security||Offers two-factor authentication for extra security|
Why Move Files from OneDrive to iCloud?
First, you may want to move files from OneDrive to iCloud to free up space on the former. Since OneDrive offers a limited free storage space of only 5GB, you may want to move some files to iCloud to create extra space to store other important files. Such could include important documents, pictures, or videos.
Second, you may want to move your OneDrive files to iCloud to ensure you maintain backups. Since you may want to ensure all your files remain safe and accessible in the wake of a data loss event, copying them to another cloud storage service is considered wise. You'll also have more options to access your files from different devices and locations.
Lastly, you may want to move files from OneDrive to iCloud so that you access them easily on all your iOS devices. Since iCloud supports iPhones, iPads, and Mac, accessing any saved files and data becomes much simpler, provided you have the correct Apple login credentials to access your iCloud account.
Transferring files from OneDrive to iCloud on Mac is among the most straightforward processes since it only entails the drag-and-drop technique. You can achieve this through the following steps:
1. Open the OneDrive folder on your Mac device. Next, select the files and folders you want to transfer to iCloud.
2. Locate iCloud Drive in the Finders window.
3. Drag the selected files on OneDrive and drop them on iCloud Drive. You've now moved your selected files from OneDrive to iCloud.
On your Windows computer, you can move files from OneDrive to iCloud using the download-upload technique. We can illustrate this method through the following steps:
1. Sign in to your OneDrive account via the website and locate the files you want to transfer.
2. Select the files you want to transfer and click on the "Download" icon. Your computer will download the files and save them in the default folder.
3. Next, navigate the iCloud website and log in using your Apple ID credentials.
4. Click on the "Upload" icon at the top of the screen and select the files you downloaded. You will then automatically move the selected files to your iCloud drive.
Note: To ensure that everything runs quickly and smoothly, you should have a stable network connection. The download-upload technique is effective since it doesn't require using third-party software.
If you want to transfer the OneDrive application from one computer to another, the most effective tool you can use is EaseUS Todo PCTrans software. You'll need to download and install a free trial version of the software on both PCs to transfer your applications.
The software guarantees data safety during the transfer process since it's fast and leaves no room for data loss. It works on all Windows 11/10/8/7 devices.
Features of EaseUS Todo PCTrans
Some common features include the following:
- Multiple transfer modes. The first transfer mode to move files using EaseUS Todo PCTrans is using PC to PC transfer. In addition to that, the software allows you to transfer files both locally and with file images.
- Allows you to transfer user accounts and settings. If you've shifted to a new PC and wish to move your user accounts like OneDrive and its associated settings, EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows you to do that.
- Efficient data migration. The software tool enables you to automatically move files from one computer to another, preventing data loss. You won't have to panic about losing important files since the software maintains its safety.
Advantages of EaseUS Todo PCTrans
The benefits of EaseUS Todo PCTrans include the following:
- Convenient and straightforward to use.
- Seamless transfer of files without data loss.
- Recover data from a damaged device.
- Professional support via email or phone
If you want to transfer OneDrive between two PCs with this intelligent software, you can follow the steps below:
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
On the source PC, select "PC to PC" on the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans and move on.
Step 2. Choose transfer direction - Old or New Computer
"New" - Transfer all data from remote old computer to current new computer.
"Old" - Transfer all data from current old device to a new computer.
Step 3. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
Step 4. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. You can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
|Transfer OneDrive to Google Drive||Transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive in three easy ways and share them anywhere.||Read More|
|Move Files from OneDrive to Another OneDrive||You can move files from OneDrive to another OneDrive via copying manually, syncing, or using Power Automate.||Read More|
|Migrate from OneDrive to SharePoint||To move files from OneDrive to SharePoint, you can do it manually or using the Power Automate feature.||Read More|
|Move Files from OneDrive to Local Drive||This article will tell you how OneDrive stores your data efficiently and how you can effectively move your files to your local or hard drive with minimum effort.||Read More|
You can move files and other data from OneDrive to iCloud on Mac or PC. You can achieve this using the drag and drop technique or the download-upload method. OneDrive and iCloud offer a free storage space of up to 5GB. After that, you can also purchase additional space based on your preference.
People may want to move files from OneDrive to iCloud to free up space, create backups, or for easier access on iOS devices. If you want to move programs like OneDrive from one PC to another, you can try out EaseUS Todo PCTrans. This software is easy to use and provides seamless data migration.
It also allows you to transfer user accounts and settings. By clicking here you can get started today with a trial version of EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
About the Author
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More