Page Table of Contents
Read the table to get more details on how to recover files from a dead computer:
|?Operating System Supported||
In this article, you will get the way out how to recover your programs, accounts, and files from a broken computer to another new, undamaged computer. We can help you fix these three cases:
- Your computer can not start or has hardware malfunction, including mainboard, graphics card, and display damage.
- Your PC can not start or load Windows properly.
- Your computer is totally broken except for the hard drive, and you want to switch to the new system.
As long as your hard drive is not damaged, then you get the chance to move data off your hard drive. If your needs match one of the scenarios, you can use the EaseUS Todo PCTrans to retrieve data from a hard drive. In the body part, you will learn what would have caused a broken computer in detail and follow the guide to get files/programs/accounts off a broken computer/laptop.
Causes of a Broken Computer
Before reading this step-by-step guide, we will dig out what reasons cause you to recover your programs, files, and accounts from a broken computer. You may encounter those issues in your daily life:
- Splash water on the laptop: Does it irritate you that you happened to spill water on the device at work? The water may damage the main components, such as the keyboard. Turn off the power first, and remove the battery. Put the notebook keyboard down and use a paper towel to absorb the visible water on the surface. If it is not work, you can use the EaseUS Todo PCTrans to recover what you need from the broken computer.
- Broken computer screen: Broken computer screen is one of the most common physical damage. If that scene happens, shut it down and send it to repair. Fortunately, your data is not completely lost. Take out the hard drive and migration files to another PC.
- The computer won’t turn on: This may be caused by poor contact between the memory module and the motherboard memory slot. Or the memory bar is damaged, or the motherboard memory slot is damaged, which may also cause this failure.
- Computer virus infection: Malware may steal your important file and even delete your core files, which hinder normal operation.
Utilizing the EaseUS Todo PCTrans, you can rescue everything from your undamaged hard drive. Follow the detailed guide to rescue the desired apps, files, and settings. You can retrieve the data from a broken computer to an external storage device or another computer. Its "PC to PC" feature can help you take out all the important data, such as photos, work files, private data, apps, and even the app settings, to a new PC. You don't need to reinstall the programs on the new PC with its help. Download it and have a try.
Step 1. Take out the disk from the old PC.
- Disconnect the power supply. Please take out the battery if it is a laptop.
- Open the case to see the hard disk in the old PC.
- Disassemble the shell by using a screwdriver to find the hard disk.
- Disconnect the hard disk and cable, then take out the hard disk.
Step 2. Connect the hard disk to the new PC.
Multiple connection methods:
- USB hard disk drive Enclosure: Use this special device to connect the old disk and the Enclosure, and then connect to the new PC by USB.
- USB hard disk drive Adapter: It is a device like a "Cable". One end is connected to the hard disk, and the other end is connected to the USB port on the new PC.
- Desktop Computer: If the new PC is a desktop PC, the old disk can be connected as the second disk.
Step 3. Recover/Migrate the applications, files, accounts from the old disk.
1. Download and launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans. Choose "Data Rescue" mode, and click "Start".
2. Browse the steps and click "Scan".
3. Check your disk is connected to the PC. Select the old disk to recover and click "Continue".
4. Select the desired applications, files, and accounts you want to rescue.
5. Wait for a few seconds to complete data transfer.
If you are worried about how to remove the computer case with a screwdriver, you can view the tutorial issued by eHowTech or contact us from the homepage.
Does this tool help you recover or retrieve data from a hard drive? If it does help you, share this article to let more people know about this tool.
About the Author
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More