Page Table of Contents
Due to varied needs and diverse reasons, many Windows users are now having problems with how to transfer and move a user account with a password, personalization, and even the power settings to a new PC or laptop. If you are one of these people who are urgent about transferring user accounts between PCs, relax and find the best solution here now.
View Necessary Information on How to Transfer User Account to New PC in Windows:
|✍️Cases||How Do You Transfer A User Account to Another Computer|
|🧑💻Suitable Users||Simple for all users|
How Do You Transfer A User Account to Another Computer?
Transferring user accounts from one computer to another is of great concern to users. We have found a lot of questions from the forum about transferring user accounts. Here are two common cases:
Case 1. Can I transfer my user account from my desktop to a new laptop?
"Does anyone know how to transfer the Windows user account and its password, personal settings, etc. to a new laptop in the same network?
I bought a new laptop home yesterday and I want to use my old user account with settings on the new laptop instead of creating a new account.
So is there a way that can help me do this?"
Case 2. How do you transfer a user account to a new PC under different network?
"Here is my case that I forgot to bring my laptop and I’m on a trip to a new city with a borrowed laptop. I created a new user account on it and created some useful document on the laptop.
There will be two days left before I went home. I want to carry the user account with all new files that I created on the borrowed computer. So I want to know is it possible to transfer a user account with all settings and files from the current computer to my laptop at home? I mean that these two computers are under different networks, so do I still have the chance? How?"
If you have similar confusion, keep reading. We will provide detailed information to solve this problem.
Some of you may think that the Windows built-in transfer tool - Windows Easy Transfer might help to transfer a user account between two computers. Indeed, Windows Easy Transfer does work to transfer files in Windows 7 and Windows 8.
But the problem is that Windows Easy Transfer doesn't support Windows 10. It means that if you are a Windows 10 user, you can't transfer files to a new PC. The User Account which is unsupported of course.
So what it the best way to do the job? There are many Windows transfer tools on the market now. However, for the consideration of protecting your privacy and network security, we would recommend you to be very careful than to download a ‘just-ok’ tool for help.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a safe Windows transfer software which has 3 advantages listed as below that you can fully trust it and apply it to transfer and move a user account with all settings to a new PC on your own now:
1. All Windows OS supported: EaseUS Todo PCTrans supports all Windows Operating Systems including Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP and even Vista, etc.
2. "PC to PC" and "Backup & Restore" modes satisfy different needs: EaseUS Todo PCTrans supports you to transfer files to another PC via network or backup. If your PCs are using the same network, you can transfer files via the network. "Backup & Restore" mode is free and allows you to back up files to restore them at another PC in or not in the same network with some simple clicks.
3. Safe for transferring files, no privacy leaking: EaseUS Todo PCTrans is 100% secure for you to apply for file transferring and even user account transferring without leaking or losing your private information.
How to get this tool? It's available for you to download and install on your PC for Free here now:
- There are two ways to transfer user account between PCS by using EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
- If you want to transfer many files between PCs, activate this tool to its pro version before you follow the guidelines below.
You can follow either way to transfer the user account with all settings to a new PC now:
Transfer User Account to a new PC via the network
Step 1. Install and launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both two devices. On the source PC, select "PC to PC" to continue.
Step 2. Select the transfer direction - as an Old PC or a New PC.
Make sure the two PCs are on the same LAN. Connect to the target PC via its IP address or adding it manually. Enter the login account and password of the target PC and link two PCs by clicking "Connect".
Step 3. Click at the "Accounts" section to specify User Accounts and Settings for transferring.
Step 4. Enter the user account and password of the source computer, select the User Account Settings, User Data and other settings that you want to transfer.
Step 5. After selection, click "Transfer" to start to transfer user accounts and settings.
As you can see, EaseUS Todo PCTrans make it easy and quick to transfer user account to a new PC via the network. Next, we will continue to introduce how to transfer via the backup file. If you like this tutorial, you can share it with other people in need.
Transfer User Account to a new PC via the backup file
Step 1. Create a backup file.
1. Connect your USB (flash) drive/external hard drive to your source computer. Launch Todo PCTrans, click "Backup & Restore > Start" on the main screen.
2. Select "Data Backup" to move on.
3. Hover over "Applications", "Files" and "Accounts" columns to choose the specific data, applications, etc., and click "Back up" to create a backup file.
Step 2. Recover via the created backup file.
1. Plugin your USB drive which stores the created backup file to the target PC.
Ensure your target PC has EaseUS Todo PCTrans, open PCTransImage and double-click the backup file. Otherwise, click PCTrans_setup.exe to install this tool.
2. Now, you can select Applications/Files/Accounts you want to restore. Click "Restore".
3. Wait a while and click "OK" to finish the restore process.
The user file is a file that contains the user's Windows account, password, and personal settings. This article provides two practical ways to move Windows 10 user configurations to another computer: transfer user accounts over the network and transfer user accounts to a new computer by backing up files.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans provides details on both methods. This versatile transfer tool also supports image and application migration. Download the software for free to see more details.
FAQs About Transfer User Account to New PC in Windows
This section will provide three additional questions and answers related to transferring user account in Windows. If you are interested, keep reading.
1. How to export a user profile to an external hard drive?
You can export your Windows 10 profile through Windows File Explorer：
- Connect the external hard drive to the PC and ensure it works properly.
- Open Windows File Explorer.
- Open the path: This PC/Local Disk (C:)/User/UserName/
- Copy and paste the opened user profile.
2. What is the best Windows 10 profile migration tool?
User profiles are files that contain user-specific data, such as desktop, system files, and application data. User profile migration is the process of moving the above to another account. The best user profile migration wizard should be able to help users transfer their data quickly and securely with minimum hassle. Here I will provide three of the best tools:
- EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free - simple and secure transfer process.
- Profwiz - easy to use.
- Windows User State Migration Tool (USMT) - requires custom migration.
3. How to back up the Windows 10 user profile?
Windows provides built-in tools to back up and copy user profiles:
- In This PC, open Properties > Advanced System Settings > User Profile > Settings.
- Then select the default profile and copy and paste it.
About the Author
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More