- 01 Restore Windows.old Folder
- 02 How to Recover Deleted Files from Downloads Folder
- 03 What Is Users Folder in C Drive
- 04 Windows 11 Documents Folder Missing
- 05 Appdata Folder Missing
- 06 How to Recover Locked Folder Google Photos
- 07 Desktop Files Disappeared Windows 10
- 08 Folders Disappeared from Desktop Mac
- 09 Recover Files from a Specific Folder Android
- 10 Recover DCIM Folder Android
"Recently, I deleted my entire Downloads Folder on my Windows 10 PC and then cleared out the recycling bin. Later, I realized that there were many useful files in the folder. But unfortunately, all the downloaded files were permanently gone while I emptied the recycle bin. I want to know is it possible to recover deleted files from the Download Folder in Windows 10? Thanks a lot!"
2 Ways to Recover Files from Downloads Folder in Windows 10/8/7
The Downloads folder is a default location in Windows for storing all files and apps that are downloaded from the internet. But due to some reasons, such as the C drive corruption/formatting, human-made accidental deletion, accidental deletion files, mistaken deletion of anti-virus software, the data in the Downloads folder gets removed. As a result, "Is there any way to undelete Downloads Folder and recover deleted files?" or "how can I recover deleted files from my Downloads folder?" becomes a hot problem. Here we will show you two effective solutions to recover files from Download Folder in Windows 10/8/7. Read on to see details.
Part 1. How to Recover Files with Deleted Files Recovery Software
Try the most useful way - recover deleted files from Downloads Folder with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard first. This top-rank data recovery tool enables you to recover deleted, even permanently deleted files or folders from a hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive, pen drive, SD card, CF card, etc. at a high recovery rate.
Apart from deleted recovery, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard also supports formatted hard drive recovery, recycle bin emptied data recovery, lost partition recovery, OS crash recovery, RAW partition recovery, and more. Now, download this green and reliable data recovery application to restore deleted files in the Downloads folder in Windows 10/8/7.
Step 1. Select a folder to scan for lost files
Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Choose "Select Folder" under Specify a location. Click "Browse" to choose the location where you lost the folder and click "OK" to scan the lost folder.
Step 2. Find and preview found files in the lost folder
If you remember the folder name, type the folder name in search box to quickly find the lost files. Then, open the found folder and double-click to preview scanned files. Or you can use the Filter feature to find a certain type of files.
Step 3. Recover and save the lost folder
Last, select the folder and files you need, click "Recover" and choose a new & secure location on your PC to keep the recovered data.
Part 2. How to Recover Files from a Backup or Previous Versions
If you can't find the Downloads folder on your computer or you accidentally deleted files from that folder, you can restore from a backup (if you're using Windows backup) or from a previous version. Previous versions.
- If you haven't made any backup or the previous versions are not available, which happens in most time, directly use a professional EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard software to recover the deleted files as soon as you can. The later you wait for data recovery, the less likely you are to restore.
Recover deleted files from a backup
- Connect the media or drive that your backup is saved to your computer.
- Click the "Start" button and search for "Control Panel".
- Select "System and Maintenance", and then choose "Backup and Restore".
- Choose "Restore my files", and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Recover deleted files from previous versions
Previous Versions are copies of files and folders that Windows automatically saves as part of a restore point, which can help you recover deleted files and folders from a previous state.
- Right-click on the logical drive/folder which used to contain the Downloads folder.
- Click on "Restore Previous version" to list all the available previous versions of files and folders.
- Before restoring a previous version of a file or folder, select the previous version, and then click "Open" to view it to make sure it's the version you want. Next, click "Restore" to recover the deleted files.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and loves various electronic products.
Written by Tracy King
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Restore Missing Fonts After Windows 10 Creator Update
Tracy King/Feb 22, 2023
How to Open Password Protected Excel Files
Brithny/Feb 22, 2023
[Unsaved & Deleted] How to Make Photoshop File Recovery
Tracy King/Feb 22, 2023
[Solved] This Folder Is Empty on This PC/USB
Jean/Feb 22, 2023