Cloning is the best option if you want to upgrade your OS, create backups, or migrate data. There are many cloning software available, but choosing the right software really eases your job. If you are looking for Samsung SSD cloning software, you already know about SDM. In this post, we will see the best 5 Cloning software to create clones for SSDs.
|🔢How many we tested||15 cloning software|
|💻Devices we used||Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Windows 11 ASUS PC, Macbook Air M2|
|⌛Time duration||10 days|
|✅What we value||Functionality, price, performance, pros&cons, compatibility|
|🥇Most recommendable||EaseUS Disk Copy|
Cloning is a complex process and involves your data, so choosing reliable software will help you transfer your data securely. Here are a few things you need to consider prior to selecting Samsung SSD cloning software.
- Easy to use: The software should be easy to use such that even a novice user understands the UI and process.
- Performance: How well the tool performs is vital, as you require it for various situations like migrating OS, creating images, and cloning a drive to a bigger one, and vice versa.
- Reliable tool: Reliable software should be capable of transferring the system to another drive or copying all files to another disk. Since our uses vary, we need exact replications for accuracy.
In this section, we introduce our top 5 choices to clone Samsung SSDs along with all their features.
|Top 1. EaseUS Disk Copy🥇||Windows||High||★★★★★|
|Top 2. Samsung Data Migration Software||Windows||Medium||★★★★★|
|Top 3. Paragon Hard Disk Manager||Windows||Medium||★★★★★|
|Top 4. Clonezilla||Windows, Linux, & Mac||Normal||★★★★★|
|Top 5. Macrium Reflect||Windows||Normal||★★★★★|
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5
EaseUS Disk Copy is a top choice for Samsung users. You can clone SSD to a larger one on Samsung very efficiently. Since SDM does not offer advanced features, this software is a perfect replacement for features like images, backup, and recovery.
Moreover, you can create bootable drives and various cloning types to cater to your cloning requirements.
🗯️Review: EaseUS Disk Copy makes it simple to create a bootable disk for your systems on a CD or DVD, USB drive, or ISO image file and use it to copy or clone disk partitions. - CNET
💰Price: Free and paid versions are available. The monthly plan starts at $19.90 with free tech support.
🛠️Key Features of EaseUS Disk Copy:
- Allows cloning the entire system, a disk partition, a hard disk, or a drive.
- You can easily migrate or transfer your data from one drive to another.
- Compatible with hard disks/drives of all manufacturers.
- Create backups using images and bootable USB for data recovery.
- Supports all the popular file systems like FAT12, NTFS, FAT16, and FAT32.
- Beginner-friendly and intuitive UI.
- Allows creating bootable USB flash drives for installations.
- Offers advanced cloning options like cloning a drive with bad sectors.
- Supports multiple disks like HDDs, SSDs, external drives, and file systems.
- No free version availlable.
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 4.6 out of 5
Samsung Data Migration (SDM) software is designed to transfer data from one Samsung SSD to another. You can easily migrate files and upgrade your OS from one drive to another. The app comes with a sleek interface that identifies all the data and moves it. But it only works with Samsung SSDs like 980 series, 970 series, 960 series, 950 series, 870 series 860 series, and users constantly face issues like SDM not working or struck at 0, etc.
🗯️Review: Samsung Data Migration can quickly clone your operating system and copy it to a Samsung SSD as a backup. - Windows Report
💰Price: Free to use.
🛠️Key Features of Samsung Data Migration Software:
- The tool assists and transfers all your data from one Samsung SSD to another.
- You can create a system image or bit-by-bit clone.
- Retains the data integrity and security while transferring data.
- Automatically optimizes the Samsung SSDs for better performance by segregating the disk partitions and settings.
- It is simple to use and reliable.
- Automatically detects the source and target drive.
- One-to-one data transfer ensures smooth cloning and data transfer.
- Allows updating the firmware of the Samsung SSDs automatically.
- Exclusive for Windows users.
- Does not support data transfer for other manufacturers.
- Prone to many issues like cloning fails, struck at 0 or 99, etc.
- Lacks advanced features.
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5
Paragon Hard Disk Manager is primarily a disk management tool. Its features range from basic partitioning, copying disks to virtual disks or hard drives, to copying one hard drive to another. The tool makes it very easy to perform complex operations like this through well-designed wizards. It's a simple tool and always gets the job done, be it for Samsung SSDs or any other hard drives.
🗯️Review: Anyone who manages Windows computers needs Paragon's hard disk management and repair utility, which has the best-chosen and most reliable features for managing disks and recovering files. - PCMag
💰Price: It costs around $100 for one year, and the enterprise version is $899.
🛠️Key Features of Paragon Hard Disk Manager:
- An excellent tool with advanced algorithms for disk partition and management.
- Allows cloning your entire disk or individual partitions for upgrade and transfer.
- Securely erase and wipe the data from hard drives to prevent data recovery.
- Allows backups and managing Virtual Machines (VMs) in VHD and VMDK forms.
- Create rescue media like USB flash drives or CDs/DVDs for recovery.
- Offers modern data backup and recovery solutions.
- Monitors the health and performance benchmark of hard drives.
- Great for partition cleanup and optimization for free space and performance.
- Complex disk management features require learning.
- Only for Windows.
- $99.95 is pretty expensive.
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 3.9 out of 5
Clonezilla is a free disk partition and cloning tool. It is open-source and offers advanced programs to clone drives for migration or upgrades. It works in two cloning modes: device-to-device and device-to-image cloning. You may require some learning curve as the tool is text-based and difficult. Apart from that, it is excellent to clone and create backups.
💻Compatibility: Windows, Linux, and Mac
🗯️Review: Overall, a solid and reliable tool but not the most user-friendly way of making an image backup. - BestBackupReviews
💰Price: Free and open-source.
🛠️Key Features of Clonezilla:
- Replicate your system, hard drive, or partition with accurate clones.
- You can clone in two modes: device-to-device and device-to-image.
- Supports drives from various manufacturers and file systems.
- Provides encryptions and compression features.
- Completely free software.
- Compatible with various devices and popular file systems.
- Rolls out frequent updates to suit the requirements.
- Flexible options to create clones, images, and backups.
- UI is complex.
- It is a text-based tool, visually unappealing, and difficult to learn.
- No direct download is available.
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 3.8 out of 5
Macrium Reflect is another advanced tool to clone your Samsung SSDs. While the tool creates accurate clones, you can also use it for backup and restore. You can see Rapid Delta Technology for clones and advanced backup options like incremental and differential backup, along with splendid restoration. The tool is only for Windows.
🗯️Review: This venerable freebie offers more than enough power for the average user. If all you want to do is create backup images of your system and disks. - PCWorld
💰Price: The pricing starts at $70 per year.
🛠️Key Features of Macrium Reflect:
- Offers modern algorithms to create fool-proof disk clones.
- Along with cloning, you can avail of options like incremental and differential backups.
- Allows bootable media with flash drives and CDs/DVDs.
- You will get backup automation and provide security measures.
- Uses Rapid Delta Technology to make clones and images.
- You will get 24/7 customer support.
- Offers various backup and restoration options.
- Provides advanced backup options with automation.
- Only available for Windows.
- Expensive product.
- Some processes require backend knowledge.
If this post is useful, share it on your social media!
To Wrap Things Up
The ability to make clones and images helps us migrate or upgrade our PCs very easily. Be it a hard drive/disk or the entire system, making an exact replica is a complex process. If you are looking for Samsung SSD cloning software, we introduce your 5 powerful tools, including Samsung Data Migration software, to clone the Samsung SSDs.
While the SDM only works with Samsung, a tool like EaseUS Disk Copy helps you make clones and images faster. You can also avail backup and recovery options without any limitations.
Here are some of the most frequent FAQs asked on the Samsung SSD cloning software. It will be helpful if you have similar queries.
1. Does Samsung SSD come with cloning software?
Yes, Samsung provides a cloning and migration tool called Samsung Data Migration software. You can clone and transfer all your hard drive data from one SSD/HDD to another. The software is free and works with all Samsung SSDs.
2. Do I need to initialize Samsung SSD before cloning?
No, you do not have to initialize Samsung SSD before cloning. If the SSD is new, you have to initialize and partition it. But if you want to do a clean installation of OS or cloning, these steps are not needed.
3. Does Samsung Migration only work with Samsung SSD?
Yes, Samsung Data Migration software works only if the source and target hard drives are Samsung SSDs. If you want to clone or transfer data from other hard drives like Kingston Seagate, WD, or Samsung itself, EaseUS Disk Copy is the viable solution.
4. How do I clone my Samsung SSD to a new SSD?
- Samsung provides a Samsung Data Migration (SDM) tool to clone Samsung SSDs.
- Launch the Samsung Data Migration tool and connect the target SSD to your PC.
- Choose the source and target drive, and choose the Volume(s) you want to clone.
- Click the Start button to start the cloning process.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Disk Copy
- Clone an old disk to a new one
- Clone a small disk to a large one
- Clone HDD to SSD
How to Clone HDD to SSD on Windows 10/8/7