How to Use the Best Kingston SSD Cloning Software to Clone HDD to SSD
Solid State Drives, known as SSDs, are designed with no moving parts, which are more durable as well as reliable than traditional hard drives. For desktop and laptop, Kingston solid-state drive can be an ideal replacement if you plan to upgrade the hard drive that's aging, such as Kingston A400 SSD. It will make your system more responsive so that your computer can boot and shut down more quickly, load applications faster, and run PC more quietly.
When you need Kingston cloning software:
- Upgrade disk to a larger Kingston disk
- Upgrade HDD to Kingston SSD
- Back up disk data without data loss
- Migrate OS to Kingston SSD without reinstalling
You may wonder what Kingston clone software that people use. EaseUS Todo Backup is the most popular and the best backup software that works 100% smooth on cloning HDD to Kingston SSD.
EaseUS backup software offers the following stunning functions:
- Back up system, file, disk, and partition
- Support full backup, incremental backup, and differential backup
- Clone Kingston SSD or HDD with clicks
- The pro version allows users to migrate Windows 10 to Kingston SSD
Besides being Kingston cloning software, this tool has been welcomed by Samsung SSD users, for it provides easy and quick Samsung data migration as well. So, download EaseUS Todo Backup and follow the step-by-step guides below to perform Kingston data migration.
Now, connect your Kingston SSD to your computer, and make sure it can be detected by Windows. Then, follow the steps below to clone HDD to Kingston SSD with EaseUS disk cloning software.
You can use it to clone large HDD to smaller Kingston SSD, as long as the usage space on HDD is less than or equal to the SSD size.
01. Connect A Second Hard Drive
Tools you need: a screwdriver, a Power Splitter Adapter cable, a SATA cable or an USB to SATA adapter. Make sure the target HDD/SSD is larger than the used space of the current drive.
- Connect the target disk to your computer.
- For desktop, open the mainframe with screwdriver and connect the disk to the mainboard with a SATA cable, then connect the disk's Power Splitter Adapter Cable into the power supply box.
- For laptop, you can use an USB to SATA adapter to connect the disk.
- Initialize a new HDD/SSD to MBR or GPT before you can use it (To keep the target new disk the same style as that of the current disk).
02. Download a Disk Cloning Utility
EaseUS Todo Backup is the cloning software that integrates multiple functions, including system/disk clone, backup, restoring , and system transfer, etc. In the disk clone field, this tool stands out due to the following aspects:
- Covers as many as disk cloning demands, such as update hard drive to a larger one, clone OS, etc.
- Disk cloning has the highest success rate among all similar products on the market.
- Supports all kinds of disk types, including IDE, EIDE, SATA, ESATA, ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB 1.0/2.0/3.0.
- Supports cloning of basic/dynamic disks and MBR/GPT disks.
03. Get Ready with the Clone Procedures
System Clone: Choose System Clone > choose the destination disk > click Proceed to start. In Advanced options, you can choose the option of Create a portable Windows USB drive to clone the system to a USB drive.
Disk/Partition Clone: Choose Clone > Select the resource disk or partition > Select the target disk > Click Proceed to start.
04. Boot from the Clone Hard Drive
Option 1. If you want to keep both the old disk and the new disk
- Restart PC and press F2 (F8,F10, DEL...) to enter BIOS settings.
- In the Boot option, select new HDD/SSD as the new boot drive.
- Exit BIOS and restart the computer.
Option 2. If you want to only keep the new disk
- Unplug the old disk and make sure the new disk is well connected.
- Restart your computer.
- Option 2 is a better hard drive retention plan for laptops
In this post, we show you how to clone HDD to Kingston SSD with a professional Kingston SSD cloning software - EaseUS Todo Backup. If you want to clone an SSD disk or do OS migration, download this Kingston cloning software for a try.
Frequently Asked Questions About Kingston Cloning Software
The following are the top topics related to Kingston SSD software. Check the brief answers to these problems.
Does Kingston SSD have cloning software?
The Kingston solid state drive does not include drive cloning software or SATA cables. If you require Kingston cloning software, you can turn to EaseUS Todo Backup. It enables you to clone HDD to Kingston SSD with the same disk layout. This Kingston data migration software allows you even to clone large HDD to a smaller SSD.
How do I clone my hard drive to Kingston SSD?
To clone hard drive to Kingston SSD easily and quickly, try EaseUS SSD clone software:
Step 1. Download and Launch EaseUS Todo Backup and choose "Clone".
Step 2. Choose the source hard drive you're going to clone. Click "Next".
Step 3. Choose Kingston SSD as the destination disk. Here, choose the SSD. To largely improve the SSD performance after cloning, tick the option for "Optimize for SSD" in "Advanced options". Click "OK" > "Next".
Step 4. Preview a disk layout and click "Proceed" to start to clone HDD to Kingston SSD.
What is the best software to clone a hard drive?
Best software to clone a hard drive - EaseUS Todo Backup
Other top hard drive clone software is:
- Acronis True Image 2021
- PMacrium Reflect
- Paragon Drive Copy Professional
- [email protected] Disk Image
- Iperius Backup
- Symantec Ghost Solution Suite
- DriveImage XML
- O&O Disk Image
What is Kingston SSDNow?
Replacing the hard drive with Kingston SSDNow V300 or Kingston SSDNow A400 solid-state drive is the most cost-efficient way to improve computer performance and the responsiveness of your system dramatically. You can use reliable Kingston SSD cloning software to clone HDD to SSD effectively.
Was This Page Helpful?
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More