- 01 How to Partition Hard Drive in Windows
- 02 How to Extend C Drive or Disk Partition in Windows 10
- 03 How to Merge/Combine Disk Partitions in Windows 10/8/7
- 04 How to Resize Partition Windows 11/10
- 05 How to Recover Deleted or Lost Disk Partition in Windows 10
- 06 How to Delete All Partitions on Windows 11/10/8/7
- 07 How to Hide a Partition or Show Hidden Disk Partitions
- 08 How to Merge Partitions in Windows 7
- 09 Best Hard Disk Partition Software/Tool
- 10 7 Top Best Free Disk Partition Software For Windows
Shrink, expand, combine, and split partitions for free with these excellent disk partition management programs. Last updated in October 2022.
A Partition is a hard drive section that is separated from other parts. It enables you to divide the hard disk into various logical sections. Partition software is a tool that helps you to perform basic partition and disk management on internal or external hard drives, USB drives, and even SD cards in Windows 11/10 and older operating systems.
Here is a list of Top Free Partition Software that we picked among hundreds of similar tools based on their features and usabilities on Windows computers. Let's check the details here.
BEST Free Partition Software and Tools in Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7
|Free Partition Software||Platform|
|EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition||Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7, Vista, and XP...Learn More|
|Acronis Disk Director Home Demo||Windows 10/8.1/8/7, Vista, and XP...Learn More|
|Paragon Partition Manager Community||Windows 10/8/7...Learn More|
|Tenoshare Free Partition Manager||Windows 10/8.1/8/7, Vista, and XP...Learn More|
#1. EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition
All-in-One Free & Complete Free Disk Partition Software
- Free or Trial: Not limited by time, free for usage all the time.
- Last Updated: 09/24/2022, EaseUS Partition Master 16.0 Version (A new version is coming soon.)
- Size: 2.01 MB
EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition is a 100% free disk partition tool in supporting Windows users resizing, moving, arranging disk space layout on their own in Windows computers. It helps Windows users to make full use of their hard drive partitions, external disks flexibly with its advanced partitioning features.
- Create simple volumes, dynamic volumes for free.
- Delete single or all partitions with 1 click.
- Format partitions to NTFS, FAT32, ExFAT, Ext2/3/4 for free.
- Convert Basic to Dynamic disk.
- Check bad sectors by running disk surface test
- 4K alignment SSD, optimize its performance.
- Resize/move, extend, shrink volumes, merge volumes for free.
- Wipe disk or partition for free.
- Hide, unhide partitions for free.
- Convert primary to logic, or convert logic to primary partition for free.
- Change drive letter or partition label for free.
How to Download: You can directly click the button here to download this software for help now.
How to Use:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master to check for free space at the Partition Manager section.
- If your hard drive has unallocated space, jump to Step 3 to create partition.
- If the hard drive has no unallocated space, continue with Step 2.
Step 2. Shrink a disk partition to create unallocated space.
Right-click on the target drive partition with a lot free space and select "Resize/Move".
Drag either end of the partition rightwards or leftwards to shrink the partition size so as to get ample unallocated space. You can visually know how much space you've decreased in the "Partition size" area. Click "OK".
Click "Execute xx Task" and then "Apply" to save all the changes.
Go back to Partition Manager, there should be unallocated space appearing on the same disk and you can continue with the next step to create new partition on your hard drive.
Step 3. Create a new partition with unallocated space on the target hard drive.
Right-click on the unallocated space and choose "Create".
Customize the partiton size, partition drive letter, partition label, file system (NTFS, FAT32, EXT2/3/4, exFAT) and more in the Advanced Settings. Click "OK".
Finally, click "Execute * Task" and "Apply" to complete creating partition with the unallocated space on your disk. Repeat the steps to partition a hard drive and get many more partitions.
#2. Acronis Disk Director Home Demo
30-Day Free Trial Disk Manager for Windows
- Free or Trial: Free trial for 30 days, but limited for managing 10GB volumes.
- Last Updated: 02/07/2019
- Size: 304MB
Acronis Disk Director provides a set of tools to enable Windows users to optimize their disk usage and protect data with efficient operations. Disk cloning, volume recovery, and partition management are all highly recommended to beginners.
- Resize, split, and merge volumes.
- Hide or unhide volumes.
- Convert MBR to GPT.
- Recover lost partitions.
- Create volumes, assign a drive letter to a new volume.
- Clone OS with apps to a new disk.
How to Download: Open the following link in a browser, you'll be able to enter your email and get access to download the demo version for Acronis Disk Director for free.
How to Use:
#3. Paragon Partition Manager Community Edition
Complete Free for Non-commercial Disk Tool Purpose
- Free or Trial: Free for usage all the time.
- Last Updated: 04/25/20
- Size: 170MB
Paragon Partition Manager Community Edition claims completely free for non-commercial purposes. Personal Windows users can apply this software to resize/move partitions, undelete partitions, and create/expand partitions flexibly on their own.
- Resize, create partitions.
- Format, delete, check partitions.
- Create WinPE bootable disk.
- Convert MBR to GPT, GPT to mBR.
- Undelete volumes.
- Manage dynamic volumes.
How to Download: Open the video in a browser, you'll be able to download this free disk partition tool for free.
How to Use:
#4. Tenoshare Free Partition Manager
Reliable Free Partition Manager Software (Old Stylish Software Interface)
- Free or Trial: Free trial software.
- Last Updated: 09/16/2014
- Size: 202MB
Tenorshare Partition Manager is a simple lightweight freeware for managing disk partitions on Windows computers. Thought with an old stylish interface and UI design, it's efficient in configuring disk partition state and converting disks.
- Change boot drive.
- Change volume label, or drive letter.
- Convert disk from MBR to GPT, or GPT to MBR.
How to Download: Open the link below in a browser, you'll be able to download and access this software.
How to Use:
For a step by step guide, you can follow this page for help: https://www.tenorshare.com/guide/how-to-use-partition-manager.html
Open-Source Free Disk Partition Tool
- Free or Trial: 100% free & open-source tool.
- Last Updated: 05/03/2022
- Size: 415.2MB
GParted is a free and open-sourced partition tool that enables Windows users to manage disk partitions for free with a simplified interface. Users can apply this tool to resize, copy, and move partitions without data on old Windows computers.
- Extend or shrink c drive.
- Create space for a new OS.
- Recover data from lost partitions.
- Check partition content.
- Change drive or volume label.
- Copy and paste data.
How to Download: Open the below link in a browser, you'll get this software.
How to Use:
#6. IM-Magic Partiton Resizer
Freeware for Disk Partitioning
- Free or Trial: 100% freeware
- Last Updated: 06/22/20
- Size: 415.2MB
IM-Magic Partition Resizer is a free tool for users to resize disk volumes and even redistribute disk space on Windows internal hard disk drives. Though with an old stylish interface, it works efficiently to expand, move, shrink, and merge volumes.
- Expand, shrink, move volumes.
- Merge partitions without destroying data.
- Allocate disk space.
How to Download: Open the link below in a browser, you'll be able to download the official version.
How to Use:
For a detailed guide, follow this link and you'll get a step-by-step guide to move and resize partitions on your own: https://www.resize-c.com/#guide.
#7. Macrorit Partition Expert Free Edition
Powerful Free Partition Program
- Free or Trial: Free
- Last Updated: 01/08/2022
- Size: 10.3MB
Macrorit Partition Expert Free Edition is a powerful free partition program that allows users to extend, create and format partitions on Windows computers. It resolves low disk space error, converts disks between MBR and GPT with ease clicks.
- Support portable version.
- 4K alignment.
- Extend or shrink volume.
- Convert the disk to MBR or GPT.
How to Download: Open the link below in a browser, you'll be able to download the official version for disk management.
How to Use:
Which Is the Best Free Partition Manager Software for Windows 11/10
According to the above software detail information, we recommended the 7 best free partition manager software for all Windows users to apply and manage disk partitions. However, which one is the best free partition manager tool for the latest new Windows 11 and Windows 10?
Here is EaseUS Editors' Pick:
- For a completely free & open-source disk partition software, GParted is an ideal tool that you can trust. However, note that it's not compatible with Windows 11 yet.
- For the easiest and most comprehensive free disk partition tool for Windows 11/10, take EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition for a try.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Written by Tracy King
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Fix Not Enough Disk Space But There Is Plenty [Five Efficient Solutions]
Cici/Feb 22, 2023
Windows 11 Download Without TPM 2.0 & Run Windows 11 Without TPM
Jean/Mar 10, 2023
How Do I Format Samsung SSD in Windows 10/11 [Easy & Efficient Ways]
Sherly/Feb 22, 2023
Top 5 Best Free USB Formatter Software for Windows Recommend 2023
Tracy King/Feb 22, 2023