If you plan to switch to a new computer, upgrade the OS, or create backups of your Seagate hard drive, efficient cloning software is required. Good Seagate disk cloning software should be reliable, easy to use, and perform to cater to our cloning requirements. Choosing one in the abundance of tools is difficult, so in this post, we present you with the top 5 solutions to clone a Seagate Hard Disk. We have personally tried and tested them before recommending them.
|🔢How many we tested||20 cloning software|
|💻Devices we used||Windows 10 Dell PC, Windows 11 HP PC, Macbook Air M3|
|⌛Time duration||12 days|
|✅What we value||Price, functionality, performance, compatibility, pros&cons|
|🥇Most recommendable||EaseUS Disk Copy|
Be it Seagate or any other disk, cloning is helpful to do many things. If you are cloning to meet certain requirements, here are a few reasons why you need Seagate Disk Clone software.
- Upgrade the operating system applications, files, and data to the latest version.
- Cloning files from HDD to SSD to achieve more optimal performance.
- Create duplicates of the Seagate Hard drive as a backup in emergencies.
- Copy data from one hard drive to another for data transfer.
- To replicate a similar environment in multiple systems, including the operating system.
There are a lot of benefits of cloning, along with data security. So, if you are on the lookout for Software to clone Seagate HDD/SSD, find the tools below.
Here is a list of the top 5 Seagate disk cloning software you can use. Please refer to the features, pros, and cons to choose the best one for you.
|Top 1. EaseUS Disk Copy🥇||Windows||High👍||★★★★★|
|Top 2. Seagate DiscWizard||Windows||Medium||★★★★★|
|Top 3. Macrium Reflect||Windows||Medium||★★★★★|
|Top 4. Clonezilla||Windows, Linux, & Mac||Normal||★★★★★|
|Top 5. EaseUS Todo Backup Home||Windows & Mac||Medium||★★★★★|
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5
Our top choice to create clones or transfer files from Seagate HDD to SSD is EaseUS Disk Copy. The software allows you to transfer files, and create clones and images, back up data, and recover them from failing drives.
All of these features are included in an intuitive user interface to make it easy for users. Even more, you can create bootable media using USBs and CDs/DVDs.
🗯️Review: EaseUS Disk Copy makes it simple to create a bootable disk on a CD or DVD, USB drive, or ISO image file for your system and use it to clone disk partitions and backup and recover. - CNET
💰Price: $19.90 for pro version.
🛠️Key Features of EaseUS Disk Copy:
- Supports Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7/Vista/XP.
- Clone a hard drive with a bootable USB.
- Migrate Windows 10/11 without reinstalling the system.
- It helps you create a WinPE bootable disk.
- You can clone the OS from a HDD to a smaller SSD.
- Comes with a simple UI.
- You can make bootable media to install OS onto other systems.
- Offers advanced cloning and backup solutions.
- You can clone a drive (HDD/SSD) with bad sectors.
- Compatible with multiple disks, drives, and file systems.
- No free version availlable.
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 4.3 out of 5
Seagate DiscWizard is cloning and backup software for Seagate and Maxtor hard drives. The tool works with Seagate and Maxtor; you cannot use it with other drives. The tool is developed for Windows only. Along with cloning, migrating, and backup, you can also use this for disaster recovery.
🗯️Review: By Seagate, DiscWizard provides PC users with an easy, GUI-driven solution for installing, cloning, and partitioning hard disk drives. - CNET
💰Price: Free for Seagate users.
🛠️Key Features of Seagate DiscWizard:
- Supports a wide range of Windows OS, including Windows 11/10/8/7.
- Options to clone, migrate, backup, and restore are available.
- It can be used as a disaster recovery media creator in case of emergencies.
- You can perform sector-by-sector backup solutions.
- Supports system, partition, and disk backups.
- Operates fast and efficiently.
- Compatible with various drives like WD, Kingston, Samsung, etc.
- It lets you make bootable media using USB flash drives and CDs/DVDs.
- Does not support dynamic disk cloning.
- Among the backups, file, and folder backups are not supported.
- Sometimes, you may face Seagate DiscWizard, not cloning issues.
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 4 out of 5
Macrium Reflect is primarily a backup and recovery tool, which also provides options to clone a single partition, system, or hard drive like Seagate. The tool relies on Rapid Delta Technology for cloning and backup. You will get advanced backup options like incremental and differential backups to sync the process.
🗯️Review: This excellent freebie offers more than enough features to protect and backup systems for the average user. If all you want to do is create backup images and clones of your system and disks. - PCWorld
💰Price: You can get the annual subscription for $70.
🛠️Key Features of Macrium Reflect:
- You can create clones, backups, and images with advanced programs.
- Allows making rescue media using USB flash drives and CDs/DVDs.
- Offers data security and integrity while transferring.
- You can set schedule backup using scheduling methods.
- Uses Rapid Delta Technology to make clones and images.
- The Rapid Delta Technology improves the accuracy of clones.
- A complete cloning, backup, restoration, and security tool.
- Great customer support.
- Not competible with macOS and Linux.
- The paid version is costly.
- Requires a learning curve.
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 3.9 out of 5
Clonezilla is text-based disk partition and SSD cloning software. You can use it for free, and open-source offers constant support and updates. You may have to learn the commands to execute the process, but otherwise, it is an efficient and excellent tool.
💻Compatibility: Windows, Linux, and Mac
🗯️Review: Overall, it is a useful and reliable tool but not the most user-friendly way of making an image backup or clone. - BestBackupReviews
💰Price: Free software.
🛠️Key Features of Clonezilla:
- Offers two cloning modes to replicate the Seagate hard drives.
- You can clone the entire system, hard drive, or a partition.
- The tool offers encryption to secure the data from threats.
- Compatible with popular operating system applications and file systems.
- Great community to provide updates and support.
- Multi-platform support.
- You can compress the files to save space.
- Offers live system backup to create backups while the OS is running.
- User Interface is complex.
- The text-based interface is visually unappealing and difficult to learn.
- No direct download options are available.
⭐Rating: ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5
EaseUS Todo Backup Home is another Deagate disk cloning software solution to create a clone and backup of data for your Seagate Drive. Since the tool is for backup, you will get advanced backup and restoration options with cloning. The added benefit is the free cloud storage of up to 250GB. You can easily make clones and migrate data even as a beginner.
💻Compatibility: Windows and Mac
🗯️Review: Though it's sporting a new, slightly more serious appearance, Todo Backup remains the same highly competent backup program over the years. Just a glance, and you are good to use the platform. - PCWorld
💰Price: $39.95 for the Home version.
🛠️Key Features of EaseUS Todo Backup Home:
- It provides multiple paths for cloud backup.
- You can create a scheduled backup to automatically back up your files.
- It has a security zone for your backup.
- Allows you to create full, differential and incremental backups.
- You can create clones, images, and backups and provide security.
- The UI is beginner-friendly.
- This tool offers cloud backup and automation features.
- Offers 250 GB of free cloud space.
- Most of the features come with the paid version.
Share this post with your friends to help them decide!
To Wrap Things Up
You can use the proprietary Seagate DiscWizard software to clone the Seagate Hard Disks. However, the software is prone to many issues and does not perform up to the mark. In this post, you can see the top 5 best Seagate disk cloning software. Along with cloning, you can also reap benefits like backups and restoration, recovery media, and security measures.
The best alternative to Seagate DiscWizard is EaseUS Disk Copy. The tool is a complete package to create clones, images, and even backups. Due to its advanced programs, you can create accurate clones and secure them.
1. Does Seagate provide cloning software?
Yes, Seagate DiskWizard is a cloning and partition tool from Seagate to clone the Seagate disks. The tool allows you to transfer your old disk to a new one, upgrade your current system, clone your disks, and provide backups.
2. Does Seagate DiscWizard work with non-Seagate drives?
No, Seagate DiscWizard is not compatible with non-Seagate hard drives. Seagate DiscWizard, the integrated software, can only clone Seagate and Maxtor hard drives. Both the source disks and destination disks have to be one of them, or else it does not work.
3. What is the free alternative to Seagate Discwizard?
EaseUS Disk Copy is the best free alternative to Seagate DiscWizard. You can create clones, images, and backup options with great accuracy and speed with this tool. It simplifies the whole process of migrating, cloning, and backing up your data securely without any hassle.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Disk Copy
- Clone an old disk to a new one
- Clone a small disk to a large one
- Clone HDD to SSD
How to Clone HDD to SSD on Windows 10/8/7