Page Table of Contents
Cloning an M.2 SSD is similar to cloning a regular SSD. The main difference is the interface that M.2 SSDs use. M.2 is the latest storage interface and is becoming more popular with every passing day. So, if you want to upgrade your storage device or clone it for data backup, you will need an M.2 SSD clone software.
If you search for M.2 SSD Cloner on the browser, you'll find many SSD cloning docking stations available on the result pages. They are a kind of hardware designed for reading and writing on hard disks. And it can be used to clone SSD, too.
However, there are some potential risks when you clone M.2 SSD with a docking station:
- First, not all docking stations support M.2 NVMe clone, so you might have to give up some features when cloning.
- Secondly, the price of a good-quality docking station is pretty high, and it might not be affordable for everyone. One of the higher-selling products hit $149.99.
- Thirdly, if you're not careful enough, there is a possibility that you might damage your M.2 SSD during the process. So, you must back up data in M.2 SSD before cloning.
- Lastly, the functionality of a docking station is single and limited. And it is easy to lose or damage by other factors. You cannot expect too much from it.
The M.2 SSD cloning software is also an option to copy data on an Old M.2 SSD to a new M.2 SSD. Compared with the SSD cloning docking station, it has the following advantages for you to choose it.
- The first advantage is that it offers more features than a clone docking station. Apart from the primary cloning feature, M.2 SSD clone software allows you to resize partitions, merge, format partitions, convert MBR to GPT, etc.
- Secondly, M.2 SSD clone software is more reliable and secure than a docking station. The software is less likely to cause any physical damage to your M.2 SSD during the cloning process.
- Thirdly, the price of M.2 SSD clone software is much lower than that of a clone docking station. You can even find some free M.2 SSD cloners in the market. And the price of a paid M.2 SSD clone software is around $30 to $50, which is much more affordable than a clone docking station.
- Finally, M.2 SSD clone software is easy to use and requires no technical skills. You can easily clone your M.2 SSD with just a few clicks.
Therefore, we recommend using an M.2 SSD clone software instead of a clone docking station.
Which M.2 SSD clone software should you choose? Below are some quick criteria for the ideal selection of the best M.2 SSD cloning software:
- An excellent SSD cloning software will make it easier to clone M.2 SSD as a backup and restore it when necessary.
- It will copy all applications and programs on your operating system, so you can continue working on the same computer with the new SSD.
- The security of your data is always the priority. A good M.2 SSD cloner will never damage or delete files during the cloning process.
- The last but not least criterion is that the M.2 SSD clone software should have an intuitive interface and be easy to use, even for beginners.
Based on the criteria mentioned above, the EaseUS Disk Copy is the best M.2 SSD clone software in terms of reliability, security, and user-friendliness.
Main Features of EaseUS Disk Copy:
- User-friendly interface: The interface of EaseUS Dick Copy is very intuitive and straightforward. You can easily clone your hard drive with just a few clicks. All features are well organized, and you can find what you need in a short time.
- Support all kinds of M.2 SSDs: EaseUS Dick Copy supports all M.2 SSDs, including SATA-based M.2 SSDs and NVMe-based M.2 SSDs.
- Clone larger HDD to smaller SSD: If you want to clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD, EaseUS Dick Copy can help you resize partitions on the destination disk and clone only used space to the SSD.
- Secured cloning process: EaseUS Dick Copy will never damage or delete files during the cloning process. And it won't leak any data while cloning.
- Migrate OS to a new hard drive: If you want to migrate your current OS to a new hard drive, EaseUS Dick Copy can help you clone your system disk and make it bootable on the destination disk.
Before cloning an M.2 SSD, you need to make some preparations to make the process smooth. It usually takes three to five minutes to read the original data. The process is applied to cloning HDD to M.2 SSD, M.2 to M.2, M.2 to NVMe M.e, NVMe M.2 to M.2, and cloning SSD to M.2.
- Prepare a new M.2 SSD and install it correctly on your PC/laptop.
- Back up data on new SSD because cloning will erase all data on it.
- Initialize the SSD to guarantee a smooth process.
Follow the step-by-step guide to clone M.2 SSD：
Step 1. Download, install and run EaseUS Disk Copy on your PC.
Click "Disk Mode" and select the hard drive that you want to copy or clone. Click "Next" to continue.
Step 2. Select the destination disk.
Note: The destination disk should be at least the same big or even larger than the source disk if you want to copy or clone the source hard disk.
Step 3. Check and edit the disk layout.
If your destination disk is an SSD drive, do remember to Check the option if the target is SSD.
Step 4. Click "OK" to confirm if the program asks to erase data on the destination disk.
Step 5. Click "Proceed" to start the hard drive cloning process.
You may also be interested
M.2 SSD cloning is not a difficult task if you have the right tool. The EaseUS Dick Copy is the best M.2 SSD clone software that can help you clone M.2 SSD with ease. With its user-friendly interface and advanced features, you can easily clone your M.2 SSD and make it bootable in just a few clicks.
Its wide compatibility and versatility make it the best choice for cloning M.2 SSD. If you have any questions about cloning M.2 SSD or need any other help, please feel free to contact us. Our technical support team will always be here to help you out.
FAQ on M.2 SSD Clone Software
1. Can I clone M.2 SSD?
Yes, of course. Cloning an M.2 SSD is easy if you have the right tool. The EaseUS Dick Copy is the best M.2 SSD clone software that can help you clone M.2 SSD with ease. Under the clone feature, just choose the source disk and the target disk, and click Process to clone SSD.
2. Do SSD drives come with cloning software?
No, SSD drives don't come with cloning software. You need to download third-party software to clone SSD.
3. Can you clone OS from SSD to M.2?
You can clone your OS from SSD to M.2 SSD. While choosing the source disk, make sure you select the disk that has the operating system installed.
Was this page helpful? Your support is truly important to us!
EaseUS Disk Copy
EaseUS Disk Copy is a well designed and very easy-to-use HDD/SSD cloning and migration tool, a tool which should be ideal for anyone wanting to quickly and easily migrate an existing system disk to a new disk (or newly installed SSD drive) with the minimal of configuration required.
Updated byLarissa has rich experience in writing technical articles and is now a professional editor at EaseUS. She is good at writing articles about data recovery, disk cloning, disk partitioning, data backup, and other related knowledge. Her detailed and ultimate guides help users find effective solutions to their problems. She is fond of traveling, reading, and riding in her spare time.…Read full bio
EaseUS Disk Copy
Dedicated cloning tool to meet all your system, disk, and partition clone needs.