Page Table of Contents
Applies to: transfer files on Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista and XP computers for free.
Here are the two main reasons why people are looking for free file transfer software for PC:
- 100% Free
- Easy to Use
- Transfer Large Files
Our post highlights on multiple best file transfer software for PC: EaseUS Todo PCTrans (Recommend), Cloud drive, Windows Easy Transfer, USB cable, and flash drive. You are free to download the best file transfer software to easily move or transfer (large) files from one computer to another PC with ease.
Check Large File Transfer Freeware on Windows 11/10/8/7:
Best Free PC to PC File Transfer Software Free Download
Transfer Files with Cloud Storage Service( OneDrive/Google Drive)
Another File Transfer Freeware - Windows Easy Transfer (Limited)
USB Cable Transfer
Transfer Files with Flash Drive
If you are looking for a free tool to transfer files from one computer to another, you are in the right place. EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a reliable and easy-to-use PC transfer software. It can easily migrate your programs and move selected files with its powerful features:
- Install Size: 1.20MB (Fast and safe download)
- Multiple File Transfer Features (Wireless): PC to PC, Backup & Restore, and App Migration.
- 100% Free for Transferring.
- Support All Windows OS: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP & Windows Server 2019/2016/2012/2008/2003.
Now, you can refer to the two tutorial guides below to effectively transfer files to a new PC with ease.
How to Transfer Files from PC to PC with EaseUS Todo PCTrans (2 Modes)
EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows users to transfer all types of files to a new PC with two modes: via the network connection and via a backup file. You can choose either mode for transferring according to your actual situation.
Mode 1. Transfer Files via The Internet
Applies to: Instant file, application transfer between Two PCs under then same LAN.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your source and target computers, connect both PCs via the internet.
1. At the "PC to PC" section, click "PC to PC" to continue.
2. Select your target computer via its device name, then enter its account password or verification code and select the transfer direction. Then click "Connect" to continue.
You can check the verification code on the right top of "PC to PC" mainscreen on the target computer.
Step 2. Select the categories Applications, Files, and Accounts to transfer via the internet.
If you want to transfer data selectively, click "Edit" under each category, and choose the specific items.
Step 3. Click "Transfer" to start transferring your apps/files/accounts from one computer to another computer via the Internet.
Mode 2. Transfer Files without Internet
Applies to: Offline, remote file, application transfer between PCs, PC to Laptop/Laptop to PC, etc.
PLUS: This feature can also be used for back up important data and programs.
Step 1. Create a backup file.
1. Connect your USB (flash) drive/external hard drive to your source computer. Launch Todo PCTrans, click "Backup & Restore > Start" on the main screen.
2. Select "Data Backup" to move on.
3. Click "Edit" at Applications, User Accounts, and Files columns to choose the specific data, applications, etc. to create a backup file.
Step 2. Recover via the created backup file.
1. Plugin your USB drive which stores the created backup file to the target PC and open EaseUS Todo PCTrans. Click "Backup & Restore > Start > Data Restore".
2. Click "Browse" to locate the Image file. Then, choose "Restore" and go to the next step.
3. Now, you can select Applications/Files/Accounts you want to restore.
Or you can click the "Edit" button to choose the specific data to be transferred flexibly. Click "Finish" to confirm. Besides, you can also click the edit icon > "Submit" to change the target path to recover and save the files.
To sum up, this page offers a reliable free file transfer software to help you transfer files between two PCs in two reliable modes - via the internet or via backup.
If you need to transfer programs and apps into a new drive on your current PC, please refer to Transfer installed programs, apps to a new hard drive.
- If the files and applications that you need to transfer exceeds the limit of EaseUS file transfer software, don't worry.
- You can directly upgrade it to EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro and activate it for unlimited transfer.
Other PC to PC File Transfer Methods
Except for using file transfer app for PC, we still have other options to transfer files from PC to PC. See this page and learn more solutions below according to your needs.
It is another option based on the cloud-based platform but the limited storage space may give you a throwback. If you have few files to transfer, that would be great for you. If you have a subscription with Microsoft Office 365, then you get 1TB OneDrive storage. And the Google Drive starts with 15GB.
Take Google Drive for example:
Step 1. Log in to your Google drive account on the old PC.
Step 2. Move to top left side, click New > Choose File Upload or Folder Upload.
Step 3. Choose the files or folders you want to share.
Step 4. Go to the new PC and download the files or folders.
Want to use Windows Easy Transfer for PC to PC file transfer? Unfortunately, this program is only available on Windows 7/8/8.1/XP/Vista. You can use it to transfer files and settings between Windows devices.
You can move files from:
- Windows 7 to Windows 8
- Windows XP to Windows 7
- Windows Vista to Windows 7
See detailed steps: Windows Easy Transfer for Windows 11/10
A USB cable works for data moving. And it performs well in transfer speed. But you need to purchase it first.
By connecting two PCs with a USB cable, you can transfer files from one PC to another, and even build a small network and share your Internet connection with a second PC.
For more details see this article.
Prepare a USB flash drive. If your drive is full, you can delete part of unnecessary data or format all files. Then turn to file explorer for copy-paste.
Frequently Asked Questions about PC to PC File Transfer
1. How do I transfer files from PC to PC?
Use Topic 5 PC to PC file transfer solutions:
- EaseUS Todo PCTrans (Proven Method).
- Cloud storage device.
- Windows Easy Transfer.
- USB cable.
- External hard drive/flash drive.
2. What software can I use to transfer files from PC to PC?
EaseUS's automatic transfer technology provides the fastest way to transfer files from PC to PC:
- Transfer via the Internet - PC to PC mode is a solid way to move files without intermediate drives, cables. Both are on the same network.
- Transfer without the Internet - Backup & Restore mode is another reliable option to backup the selected files, which can save your time and drive space than the common copying and pasting.
About the Author
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More