Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
"Just one hour ago, I lost some files while moving them from my SD card to the computer. I used the Ctrl X and Ctrl V. But during the process, I experienced a sudden power off. After reboot, these files didn't show up on the SD card or on the PC. Any advice to recover moved files in Windows 10?"
Data transfer from one device to another or from a folder to another is a common and easy operation. The simplest way is using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V or Ctrl + X and Ctrl + V. However, in the actual operation process, data loss might happen if any interruption occurs. Here are some typical causes that may disrupt your transferring and cause moved files to disappear.
- 🔋A sudden power failure
- ⚡A system crash
- 💽Abrupt removal of a removable storage device
- ⚠️An alarming window pops up with an error message
Whenever you lose files in cut and paste or copy and paste while transferring files, you can easily recover cut files with three methods:
|Recover Moved Files||Editor's Review|
|No matter what kind of files you have lost while moving, EaseUS data recovery software can help you retrieve them with simple steps. You can download the trial version to experience first.|
|When the software cannot solve the problem, you can find professionals for help. Go to local data recovery labs or contact recovery services online are both recommended.|
|This method only works in limited conditions. You can use Ctrl + Z to undo the operation when you lose moved files. After doing other copy operations or shutting down the PC, this method will not work.|
You can use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to help you recover cut files or lost files due to careless deletion, hard drive formatting, virus attack, or lost/RAW partition. With this tool, you can recover 200+ data types without effort, including photos, audio, videos, documents, emails, as well as other files. You can download this software now:
Let's check the highlights of the EaseUS file recovery software:
- Recover files deleted from the Recycle Bin, and you don't have to worry about lost files in the Recycle Bin while moving them.
- Recover deleted photos from Canon camera, and it also supports recovery of data from other storage devices.
- Retrieve data in many scenarios, even after formatting the hard disk or factory resettings Windows.
If you want to learn more about Windows data recovery, the following video may help. The software mentioned in this video can help you solve data loss effectively:
- 00:23 What causes data loss
- 01:28 Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- 01:37 Wait for the scanning process
- 02:16 Preview the files
Now, you just need to follow the tutorial below to recover files that disappeared during the transfer:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and scan the drive. If you lost files during moving on an external hard drive, connect it to the PC.
Step 2. Find the lost files while moving, and you can use the search box if you remember the file name.
Step 3. If the file name changes, you can preview the files to check. Click "Recover" and don't restore moved files to the original location.
You can share this page on social media and that will help you mark this recovery product. Don't forget EaseUS data recovery software when you encounter data loss!
There are two effective ways to recover moved files: using professional data recovery software or contacting EaseUS data recovery services online. If you opt for the automatic method, the software will perform the recovery process. Alternatively, you can choose the manual approach by reaching out to our professional team for data recovery and repair services. By availing of data recovery services, there is still hope to retrieve data when you encounter serious data loss situations.
EaseUS HDD Repair ServicesClick here to contact our experts for a free evaluation
Consult with EaseUS data recovery experts for one-on-one manual recovery service. We could offer the following services after a FREE diagnosis
- Repair corrupted RAID structure, unbootable Windows OS, and corrupted virtual disk file
- Recover/repair lost partition and re-partitioned drive
- Unformat the hard drive and repair the RAW drive (Bitlocker encrypted drive)
- Fix disks that become GPT-protected partitions
This method only works when an interruption stops your transferring process and the computer doesn't shut down.
- Close the disruption and cancel the files moving by pressing Ctrl + Z keys to undo the copy and paste or cut and paste.
- Check whether your files go back to the original location or not.
If this method doesn't work for you, don't worry. Professional EaseUS data recovery software provided below can help you out with ease. You can also learn how to recover Ctrl Z deleted files from the following passage:
How to Recover Ctrl+Z Files: Ctrl+Z Deleted My Files
Lost files by pressing Ctrl + Z? Don't worry. This tutorial explains how to recover Ctrl + Z deleted files in two ways. Read more >>
In order to avoid accidental data loss, please keep these tips in mind.
- Keep the habit of backing up files/folders to the external hard drive.
- Use Copy and Paste rather than Cut and Paste if you want to move data to a new device or a new location.
- Don't do anything to your device once you lose data there and apply EaseUS file recovery software for an immediate rescue.
After reading all the tips and methods, don't hesitate to share this passage to help more users!
Moved Files Recovery FAQs
The final part will provide additional questions to help you learn more:
1. Can you recover files that were moved?
If the data was transferred from one folder to another, it could be possible to recover it because these so-called "moves" are really just copies that are then deleted. Your odds of regaining the data are the same as with any deleted file if it hasn't been overwritten.
2. How do I find deleted or moved files?
You can go check the Recycle Bin first to find deleted files. If you want to recover moved files, the best way is to use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This functional data recovery software will restore moved files within three steps.
3. What happens to moved files?
Windows will copy the file to the target disk/partition first, then delete the source file when you move a file from one location to another. The file chunks that are being written to the target location are erased if you cancel in the middle.
4. How do I recover a file that I cut but not pasted?
If you have backed up this file, you can restore it from the backup. If you don't, it is better to download a professional data recovery tool or go to local recovery centers.
Was This Page Helpful?
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More