Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Everything About Copy, Cut, Delete and Paste
You will often use the Copy, Cut, Delete and Paste actions when you work with your daily files. It is important to understand the differences between them and how they work.
- Copy (Ctrl + C): making a duplicate of the original file, which can be moved or edited without altering the original.
- Cut (Ctrl + X): If the items are inside a file, Cut deletes the content from the screen, but keeps them in memory.
- Delete (Ctrl + D): If the items are inside a file, this operation deletes them from the screen without storing it in memory. If the items are the files or folders themselves, this operation deletes them from the screen and moves them to the Recycle Bin.
- Paste (Ctrl + V): It is used to make a cut or copied item appears again at a specific location.
Cut VS Delete
The difference between Cut and Delete is that Cut removes the text or other content from the document and saves it to the clipboard. Delete removes the text or other content completely from the document.
Note: everything is erased from the clipboard when you turn off the computer.
What To Do When You Lost Files After Cut and Paste
Losing data is a common situation that could be encountered every day for everybody. You may lose your files due to the following reasons:
- Unfinished cut-paste operation. You may lose files due to unfinished cut-paste operation, for example, you cut a file, but you forget to paste it.
- Deletion or format. For example, you paste the files to another drive or device, but you delete the files from the drive or device, or you format the drive or device without backup.
- Your device is lost. When you cut files from your computer and paste to your storage device like USB drive, but then your storage device is lost.
Usually, this is not easy for ordinary users to recover files lost in Cut and Paste. When you are faced with such problems, how to deal with it then? Firstly, you should never put anything new to rewrite the original data, or the data can be gone forever. Secondly, to recover your data, you need professional software such as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional. You can recover your files lost in cut and paste by using it. Thirdly, don't turn off your PC, everything will be gone forever once you turn off your computer.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional, the best data recovery software, applies to any data loss situations such as undelete excel, undelete Word documents, recover formatted files and more. It is very useful to get your data back. You will never be troubled by any data loss problem. If you want to learn the way to recover files lost in cut and paste on Mac, follow Part 2.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS file recovery software on your Windows computer. Choose the exact location where you lost the files and click the "Scan" button.
Step 2. The software will immediately start scanning the drive, and the deleted files will be displayed soon. If you find the files you need during the scan, you can stop the scan. In order to find the target file quickly, you can use the file format filter.
Step 3. Select files, such as Word, Excel, PDF, photos, videos, or emails and click the "Recover" button. You can browse for a different location to keep the recovered files.
If you lost files in cut and paste on a Mac device, don't write new data to the drive where you lost your files before you successfully get back your files. If you have a backup, you can recover files from Time Machine backup easily. If you don't have any backup, refer to EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac. You can easily recover deleted or lost files on your MacBook, iMac, hard drive, USB, camera, memory card, SD card, and other storage devices. Read on to get more details:
If you prefer a step-by-step guide, you can follow the steps below:
Step 1. Search for lost files
Select the disk location to search for lost files (it can be an internal HDD/SSD or an external hard drive) where you lost data and files. Click the "Search for lost files" button.
Step 2. Go through the scanning results
This software will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display pictures, documents, audio, videos, and emails on the left pane.
Step 3. Select the file(s) and recover
Click the data to preview, and click the "Recover" button to have them back.
Bonus Tips: Useful Data Protection Solutions
It's a nice choice to prevent problems before they happen. Here are three useful tips to protect your data:
1. Back up files regularly. The ideal solution recommended for data protection and security is regularly taking a backup of your data. If you, unfortunately, lost your files, at least a data backup will keep you in a better situation. You should back up your data on multiple storage devices like an external hard drive, portable storage device or cloud.
2. Use reliable data recovery software. In case of adverse data loss situations, data recovery software can be beneficial. You can recover any data from any situation with the help of professional data recovery software.
3. Make use of the "Copy and Paste" method instead of "Cut and Paste".
Recovering lost or deleted Data after cut and paste may be challenging but not impossible. With the help of EaseUS data recovery software, you can quickly and effectively recover missing data after the cut and paste failure from Windows and Mac. Besides, data protection is an ultimate necessity in today’s digital world. Keeping a backup regularly can always do you a favor.
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Evan Galasso is a digital forensics and data recovery engineer with over 10 years of experience in the field. He presents opinions on the current state of storage media, reverse engineering of storage systems and firmware, and electro-mechanical systems of SSDs and HDDs.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More