Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
If you are looking forward simple tricks to retrieve lost cut files on your computer, memory card/USB or phone internal memory, here you go.
- Since the way to recover lost cut files on different devices are different, so follow the corresponding guideline to find a suitable method for getting your cut files back from USB/SD, Windows PC, or phone memory.
Do you know where do the cut files go after the operation? Some people may think that when they lost cut files on Windows PC or USB, SD card, they may find them in the Recycle Bin, but it turns out to be wrong. The Recycle Bin only collects deleted files on Windows PC. In fact, when you cut an item, it disappears from your screen and becomes transparent. But it's kept on the virtual clipboard, so you can recover it using the paste option. (The virtual clipboard is a space in the computer's memory where items that are cut or copied are stored.)
The quick way to recover lost cut files is to press: Ctrl + Z keys to cancel the cut operation. If this doesn't work, is it possible for you to restore cut files from USB/SD memory card, Windows 10/8/7 computers or Android/iOS internal memory? Don't worry anymore. EaseUS software has collected a few reliable methods for you to apply and restore cut files with ease now.
If you lost files due to cut on an SD memory card, USB or external hard drive, you may try below tips for a full restoration of your lost cut files.
1. Stop all operations on your SD memory card, USB or external hard drive.
2. If you are a Windows user, press Ctrl + Z to undo the cut, and you may be able to see the lost cut files back on your USB or SD card. While if you are a Mac user, press Command + Z to undo the cut, and check if the lost files are back or not.
3. If Ctrl + Z fails to undo the cut operation on your Windows or Mac computers, you'll need a powerful file recovery software for help.
Here we'd like to recommend you try EaseUS hard drive recovery software for restoring lost cut files in the simplest way. Refer to the tutorial video below to see how to restore lost files by cutting on memory/SD card or USB/external hard drive.
To restore lost files due to cut in Windows 10/8/7 computers, you have two options in all.
Option 1. Restore Lost Cut Files Using CMD in Windows 10/8/7 PC
This method is only a possible trial. If you want a 100% effective solution, apply Option 2 directly.
1. Press Win + R keys or open Run dialog and type: cmd, hit Enter to open Command Prompt window.
2. Type: chkdsk E: /f and hit Enter. (Replace E with the drive letter of the device where you lost cut files or data.)
3. Type: Y and hit Enter to continue.
4. Type: E: and hit Enter again. (Replace E with the drive letter of the device where you lost files or data;)
5. Type: E:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and hit Enter. (Replace E with the drive letter of your Windows drive where you lost cut files or data.)
Option 2. Three Steps to Restore Cut Files in Windows 10/8/7 Computer
If you prefer a simple and effective tool to restore cut files on your own, the sophisticated data recovery program - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is your best choice. You can install and use it to undo the cut and get your lost files back with a few clicks.
Step 1. Select a location to scan.
Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, hover on the partition, external hard drive, USB, or memory card where you lost data, and then click "Scan".
Step 2. Select files to recover.
Wait until the scanning completes. Afterward, choose the files you want to recover. To locate the data faster, use the search bar or filter to search for specific files. To check a file, double-click the item to preview its content.
Step 3. Recover lost data.
Click "Recover" and choose a location on another drive to save the files.
According to some cellphone users, some of them may also meet cut files lost error on their Android phone or iPhone/iPad. Do not give up when you lost files by mistakenly cutting them on your phone.
Here you'll have two options for retrieving cut files from phone internal memory or external storage:
Option 1. Use Android Data Recovery Software to Retrieve Lost Cut Files on Android Phone Memory
You can directly apply this android data recovery tool to recover lost data and files from Android due to diverse reasons with just a few simple clicks.
Note: To fully scan and find your lost files on Android, you’ll need to release the access permission to this tool by rooting your android device in advance.
Option 2. Apply iOS Data Recovery Software to Retrieve Cut Files on iPhone/iPad Internal Memory
If you are an iPhone or iPad user and lost cut files, you may try professional iOS data recovery software for help. It allows you to simply restore lost cut files on iPhone or iPad memory within only a few simple clicks.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
Tracy is enthusiastic to share technical tips and solutions about computing and technology. Being an EaseUS member since 2013, she also writes instructional content about data recovery, file/disk partition/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More