Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Photos can get damaged due to various reasons, such as virus infection, incomplete file transfer, sudden power outage, or bad sectors in the hard drive, USB drive, camera SD card, or other storage devices. When photos become corrupted, you can always use a photo repair tool to restore the files.
Here is the top ten best photo repair software to fix corrupted photos on PC and Mac, some performed better than the other, you can choose the one you think is best to repair damaged JPEG files.
Top 5 Best Photo Repair Software for PC Free Download
This section mainly demonstrates the top five best photos repair software for PC. You can install these programs on your Windows 10, 8, 8.1, or 7 to fix damaged JPEG or JPG images effortlessly.
- #1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Windows
- #2. Picture Doctor
- #3. File Repair
- #4. JPEG Repair Toolkit
- #5. PixRecovery
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is an influential file recovery and repair tool that enables you to repair corrupted files after recovery. The supported file formats are multitudinous, like photos, videos, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and many more.
This robust photo repair program has remarkable functions, including but not limited to:
- Repair corrupted photos efficiently on PC, laptop, SD card, USB flash drive, etc.
- Fix multiple broken JPEG and other images at the same time
- Recover thumbnails of severely damaged JPEG files
- Preview the repaired photos after recovery for free
Now, download this photo repair tool to fix corrupted JPEG files with a few clicks.
Step 1. Select a location
Choose the correct drive which contains the corrupted photos, which can be a removable disk or a local drive. Click "Scan."
Step 2. Scan the corrupted files
EaseUS data recovery software will run immediately to scan all over the selected drive to find lost and corrupted files as many as possible. Click "Filter" on the top right to find damaged photos quickly.
Step 3. Recover corrupted images
Double-click on a file and preview the file quality. After repairing, click "Recover" and choose a different location to save the recovered pictures.
Why EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard comes first? It is not only good at file repair, but also has a high reputation for data recovery. It is competent to:
- Recover deleted, formatted, and inaccessible data in different data loss situations
- Recover photos, audio, music, and emails from any storage effectively, safely and completely
- Recover data from emptied recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorder
- It is super cost-effective. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a well-known program that integrates data recovery and file repair functions perfectly. In other words, you can spend the same money and buy two things.
- Professional technical support service. You can use the product with ease and any problem can be solved quickly and efficiently
- Compatible with both Windows and macOS platforms
- The free version enables you to repair small files for free
- Graphical User Interface makes it user-friendly to both computer beginners and pros
- The free trial version of EaseUS Data Recovery Software can only support file repair up to 2GB
2. Picture Doctor
Picture Doctor is one of the best photo repair software and good at fixing any corrupted and truncated JPEG photos. You can use it to repair damaged pictures in three steps: add file > select location > rescue to save the repaired files anywhere you like. This photo repair tool can't restore thumbnails of severely corrupted JPEG.
Except for JPEG files, Picture Doctore also enables you to repair PSD files on Windows computers.
- Easy to use, only three steps can complete photo repair
- Support fixing multiple photos at a time
- Save the repaired image in BMP format
- Free demo store repaired image with watermark
- Not available for Mac
3. File Repair
File Repair offers over 40 repair software to recover and restore damaged files caused by a virus infection, application failures, system crashes, and network errors. It allows you to fix corrupted picture files in common formats from your computer, SD card, iPhones, or Android smartphones.
As one of the best photo repair software for PC, File Repair repair damaged photos by scanning the damaged file and extracts maximum data from it to a new usable file.
- Great file repair software for pictures, PDF, office documents, emails, database, and media restoration
- Support multiple image formats, such as JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG or RAW images
- Fully compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7, and other versions
- Only support the Windows operating system
- The photo repair success rate is not very high
4. JPEG Repair Toolkit
JPEG Repair Toolkit consists of two tools for both JPEG repair and JPEG recovery. JPEG Repair helps you to repair corrupted JPEG files due to every situation, like bad sectors on hard disk, header damage, bit error, and more.
The JPEG Repair Toolkit is originally designed for home/personal use and is constantly updated to handle the situations to you may encounter when repairing damaged photos.
- Lightweight and simple-to-use
- Repair damaged JPEG files, corrupt JPEG header, invalid JPEG markers
- Recover JPEG data from corrupt RAW photos such as CR2 and NEF
- Original quality is preserved for repaired files without re-encoding
- More complicated repairs require effort and a bit of luck
- Only for Windows users
Another best photo repair tool is PixRecovery, which is capable of repairing corrupted JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG or RAW images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tiff, .bmp, .png). After fixing, you can choose to save the restored photos into a new image in bitmap (.bmp) or original file format based on your own needs.
PixRecovery is able to repair corrupted RAW images on these systems: Canon, Epson, Fuji, Hasselblad, Kodak, Leica, Mamiya, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Ricoh, Sony.
- Easy-to-use, no technical skills required
- Support all the common photo formats, including .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tiff, .bmp, .png
- Support repairing RAW photos taken on different brands of cameras
- Recover the original color palette
- Export photos in different formats
- It can't repair progressive JPEG files at present
- Only for Windows users
Top 5 Best Photo Repair Software for Mac
For Mac users who are looking for a photo repair tool, you can check this part to learn the top five best photo repair software for Mac.
- #1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
- #2. Stellar Photo Repair
- #3. Mac Photos library repair tool
- #4. OneSafe JPEG Repair
- #5. Rescue Digital Media - Photo Repair
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac, one of the best photo repair tools for Mac, has the same functions as the Windows version. It allows you to restore corrupted JPEG, JPG, and GIF images in good condition. EaseUS photos repair tool can extract and fix thumbnails of the selected .jpeg/.jpg files and take them out. You can preview the repaired photos for free before the final recovery.
Step 1. Select the disk location where you lost the corrupted photos. Click the "Scan" button.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected device and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. In the scan results, select the files to preview. If the file is corrupted, you cannot view it. The software will automatically repair the corrupted photo files. Then, click the "Recover" button to recover the repaired photo files.
2. Stellar Photo Repair
Stellar Repair for Photo is a competent photo repair tool that can repair corrupted or damaged JPEG & other image files from the flash memory cards, memory sticks, computer hard drives, or any other storage media.
It is able to fix the completely unreadable JPEG files under various damage situations, for example, corrupt header, corrupt JPEG data, invalid JPEG file structure, unknown or invalid JPEG marker, missing SOS marker, or other cases. It can fix distorted, grainy, blurry, greyed-out, and other types of damage in photos.
- Batch repair at a time
- Extracts thumbnails of severely corrupted photos
- Advanced restoring algorithms to fix JPEG photos with ease
- Offers preview of repaired files
- Available for both Windows and Mac system
- The trial version doesn't allow to save repaired JPEG file
3. Mac Photos Library Repair Tool
Mac comes with a pre-installed photo repair tool when your Photos library won't open, or if photos behave abnormally. The repair operation is easy: holding down the Option and Command keys while you open Photos on your Mac, then, clicking Repair to start the repair process.
- Built-in photo repair software on Mac with no additional installation or purchase
- Free, simple-to-use, no special skills demanded
- Analyzes the library's database and repairs any inconsistencies
- Depending on the size of your library, this might take some time
4. OneSafe JPEG Repair
OneSafe JPEG Repair is one of the best photo repair software for Mac, which can fix damaged or corrupt image files having JPEG or JPG file format. With this utility, you can repair files on different storage devices, including a hard disk of computer, memory card, USB flash drive, or any other storage media.
Equipped with a faster and improved scanning engine, OneSafe JPEG Repair can repair images by many folds. Besides, you can preview repaired photos in the free demo version but can’t save them.
- User-friendly GUI and simple three-step repair process
- Recover thumbnails of damaged JPEG
- Support batch repair of JPEG pictures simultaneously
- Also able to repair corrupted videos
- Available for both Windows and Mac
- Limited image file support, only JPEG
- The demo doesn't allow to save repaired pictures
5. Rescue Digital Media - Photo Repair
Rescue Digital Media - Photo Repair Tool is another best photo repair software for Mac worth a try. It enables you to restore images or photos that have been either corrupted or damaged due to any unspecific reasons. It supports all the popular image formats, such as JPEG, PNG, BMP, MOS, GIF, TIFF, PSP, etc..
- Simple and easy-to-use graphical user interface
- Support RAW file formats of popular Cameras like Nikon, Canons, Fujifilm, Sony
- Repair damaged photos saved on all brands of pen drives & USB drives like Seagate, San Disk
- Support bath repair for multiple images at one time
- The trial version doesn't allow for repaired file storage
Photos are precious to us and losing them because of damage can be frustrating. Use any of the above best photo repair tools for Windows and Mac to fix corrupted images. Try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and use it to repair and recover your damaged photos, videos, or office documents without any effort.
Finally, a valuable tip to protect your photos from corruption - always back up your important regularly to avoid loss. If you don't like to do this work manually, apply a schedule backup software for automatic backup.
FAQs About Best Photo Repair Software
Here are a few frequently asked questions related to the best photo repair software. If you also have any of these problems, you can find the methods here.
What is the best photo restoration software?
Best photo restoration software for restoring old photos in 2021:
- Image Mender
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel Paintshop Pro
- SoftOrbits Photo Retoucher
- AKVIS Retoucher
- Retouch Pilot
Can corrupted photos be recovered?
You can use a professional third-party photo repair software to fix corrupted JPEG or other image files. Use EaseUS file recovery software to recover and repair damaged photos from Windows & Mac computer drives, memory stick, USB flash drive, SD card, external hard drive, and other storage media that are used in smartphones, digital cameras, CCTV, etc..
How do I fix corrupted JPEG files?
You can try to fix corrupted JPEG files in three ways:
- Run CHKDSK to fix hard disk drive
- recover corrupted JPEG from a backup
- use another picture viewer or convert JPEG to another format
- repair corrupted JPEG files using professional JPEG repair software
Is there an app to restore old photos?
Android or Apple user can restore old photos and make old photos look new with some nice applications, such as RETOUCHME:
- Download and open the app on your phone
- Choose best pics to edit by the program from your gallery
- Find online Photo Restoration from the menu and learn automatic image recovery options
- Click Send to Designer button
- Renew old album shots digitally
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More