Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. 3 solutions to Word crashing||Fix the problem by running the Office Repair tool, opening Word in Safe Mode, and disabling the Add-ins...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Recover unsaved Word||Start Word > click "File" > "Options" > "Save". Copy the AutoRecover file location path...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Recover deleted/lost Word||Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover lost Word as a result of accidental deletion, formatting...Full steps|
What a horrible thing to see Microsoft Word running into trouble all of a sudden! In some previous posts, we discussed several typical Word errors that make you fail to save your work in time. For example, Word has stopped working; Word has stopped working; Word is not responding, etc. But today, there is another frequently happened issue waiting to be resolved, and it's about Word keeps crashing when saving.
Part 1. How to Fix "Word keeps crashing when saving"
Altogether, there are three tips worth trying if Word crashes or freezes when you save a document.
Fix 1. Run the Office Repair Tool
- In Windows 10, 8 or 7, open Control Panel, click "Programs and Features" and click on "Microsoft Office".
- On the window, click "Repair" and then "Continue".
- You can choose "Online Repair" and "Quick Repair". Let the repair finish and restart your computer.
Fix 2. Run and Open Word in Safe Mode
Starting a Microsoft Office for Windows application in Office Safe Mode can allow you to use it when it has encountered certain problems safely. This is useful when you need to open a Word document that you can't under normal mode because the Word is crashing.
- Find the shortcut icon for your Word application. Press and hold the Ctrl key and double-click the Word shortcut.
- Click "Yes" at the prompt to open Word in Safe Mode.
- Try to save the Word document. After this, you can stop Office Safe Mode, exit and restart your Office application.
Fix 3. Disable the Add-ins
Another cause of Word crashing when saving is the incompatibility of Add-ins.
- Go to "File" > Word "Options" > "Add-ins" tab.
- Click the "Go" button near the drop-down box named "Manage: Com-in Add".
- Click the checkbox to disable any add-ins listed there and click "OK".
If Word keeps crashing after using all the above methods, try to change the Office Word application location, because some other conflicting programs likely cause the crashing issue. Use EaseUS Todo PCTrans so you can easily and safely transfer programs from C drive to D drive or any other local drives on your computer.
Part 2. How to Recover an Unsaved Document When Word Crashes
Most of the time, the document will be lost if Word crashes when saving. Is there any chance for unsaved Word document recovery? Let's have a try. Usually, when you restart Word, Word automatically opens the document you haven't saved due to an expected error. If not, you need to search the location of the AutoRecover file by yourself.
1. Start Word > click "File" > "Options" > "Save". Copy the AutoRecover file location path.
2. Go to the File Explorer, paste the location path, and find the unsaved document. Next, copy the .asd file.
3. Go to your Word app, click "File" > "Open" > "Recover Unsaved Documents" at the bottom. Paste the copied .asd file into the File Name box popping up. Open the Word file recover it.
Except for recovering unsaved Word document, there are other ways you can use to recover unsaved Word document in Windows 10. Go to check details if you need.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted/Lost Word Document
Word keeps crashing usually lead to Word lost unsaved. In our daily life or work, we also often lose saved Word document as a result of accidental deletion, storage device formatting, partition loss, hard drive damage, etc. To recover deleted or lost Word document, even the permanently one, you can resort to EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
This powerful data recovery software enables you to restore any lost Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, HTML, as well as other documents from HDD/SSD, USB flash drive, pen drive, and external hard drive. Download this file recovery tool and give it a shot.
Step 1. Choose the Word file location
If it's on a USB flash drive or SD card, connect it to your computer first. Choose the hard disk drive or a specific folder and click the "Scan" button.
Step 2. Scan and select lost files
The software will start immediately scanning all lost data on the selected drive. After the scan, click "Filter", choose "Word" from the drop-down list, and click the tree view on the left side to navigate the wanted Word documents.
Step 3. Preview Word files and recover
You're allowed to double-click and preview a Word file if you have Microsoft Word application installed on your computer. Finally, select the desired Word file and click "Recover".
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More