With its full name known as Secure Digital Card, the SD card is a kind of memory card that is commonly used to read and write data stored in a range of mobile phones, cameras, smart devices, GPS devices, and other devices. These thumbnail-sized SD cards are pretty cost-effective and compatible with almost every electronic device.
The high-capacity storage provided by this card allows you to store several significant files, photos, and other data easily, but it is also suggested that you clone your SD card in the following situations:
- 1. Upgrade the SD card for better storage capacity
- 2. Create a backup of those important files
- 3. Transfer files quickly
What is Good SD Card Cloning Software?
📢Easy to handle: The first step to using SD card cloning software is to download and install it on your device. It won't be a good tool if the installation process costs a lot of time and energy.
💻Offer good disk cloning performance: A good SD card cloning tool must offer its users an excellent and stable cloning performance. This is also what we want most.
🔖Offer a free version: While charging for the software's core features is not unusual, it's best to give users a free trial version so they can see what the software offers without paying.
⚒️Flexible and customizable: If a tool gives users various options like resizing partitions when copying disks, copying will be easier for you.
Can SD Card Cloning Be Easy?
Cloning an SD card means creating an exact duplicate of everything from an original disk or device first and then storing the copied data on a new SD card. If you have stored too many files and documents on the original SD card, the entire cloning process may take more time and effort. Many users, especially those people who have never done this before, worry that cloning an SD card may be very difficult.
So, whether an inexperienced person can clone an SD card easily? The answer is yes. There are many professional tools to help clone an SD card without taking too much time and effort. No matter whether you are familiar with the SD card cloning procedures or not, you can pick one SD card cloning tool that suits you the most to help you clone an SD card with the following recommended disk cloning software.
6 Best User-Friendly SD Card Cloning Software
Now let's take a deep look at the top 6 tools that can help you clone your SD cards easily one by one.
- 1. EaseUS Disk Copy
- 2. Clonezilla
- 3. Acronis Cyber Protect Office Home
- 4. Macrium Reflect
- 5. Active@ Disk Image
- 6. Carbon Copy Cloner
1. EaseUS Disk Copy
EaseUS Disk Copy is a safe and professional disk clone tool that functions well in making a full copy of the hard drives, migrating your data, operating system, and applications to another hard drive without any data loss, and replacing/upgrading the HDD with an SSD smoothly. Even better, this reliable software can help you upgrade your disk to a larger one without reinstalling Windows. If you wish to ensure the security of your data while cloning an SD card or other disk, EaseUS Disk Copy can be a good choice.
System Supported: Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7/Vista/XP
Pros of EaseUS Disk Copy
- Easy to install and implement
- Excellent and stable disk cloning performance
- Free trial before purchasing this software
- Resize partition when copying disks
- Migrate the OS/applications and upgrade hard drives easily
Cons of EaseUS Disk Copy
- Only compatible with Windows
- Functions provided by it are not free
Clonezilla is a professional disk cloning program that works well for system deployment, bare metal backup, and recovery. This free, open-source disk-imaging program for Linux also keeps your system data secure while cloning the disks for you by using several encryption options. It may be an excellent choice for home users or businesses looking to clone disks at a lower cost. However, this tool may be difficult to use and requires relevant knowledge about the computer or disk cloning.
System supported: Linux/Windows/Mac
Pros of Clonezilla
- Completely free
- Offer many open and transparent resources
- Ensure the security of your data
- Recover and restore to bare metal servers
Cons of Clonezilla
- Difficult to use
- Must load a program on USB or CD before installing it
3. Acronis Cyber Protect Office Home
Acronis Cyber Protect Office Home allows you to copy both Windows and Mac systems without having to reboot them. Dual protection is one of the fantastic features of this tool, and this function allows its users to create a local backup and a cloud backup simultaneously. It not only supports your PCs but also works well on mobile devices. With this software, you can choose to copy and transfer everything or the specific files and folders stored on your SD card, disks, or other storage devices.
System supported: Windows/Mac
Pros of Acronis Cyber Protect Office Home
- Easy disk cloning and full image backup
- Help back up data locally, to the cloud, or both
- Offer options for both home users and businesses
Cons of Acronis Cyber Protect Office Home
- Advanced functions requires more time to learn and utilize
- Rather expensive to purchase the software
4. Macrium Reflect
As a disk backup platform designed for Windows, Macrium Reflect allows both home and enterprise users to create a backup of their PCs into a compressed image file. If you are looking for a backup, cloning, and disk imaging software to help you clone your SD card, you can try the free trial offered by Macrium Reflect first to enjoy some of the basic features of this software.
System Supported: Windows
Pros of Macrium Reflect
- Direct disk cloning
- Removable media imaging and cloning
- Offer both free and charged versions
- Compresses disk images for easy access or reinstallation
- Create a backup for virtual disks in Hyper-V
Cons of Macrium Reflect
- The pricing for the enterprises is relatively high
- New users may find it difficult to use
Cloning disks can be helpful in many situations. It can be a real savior when the computer is not booting, or it is dead entirely.
5. Active@ Disk Image
Known as a disk image tool provided for Windows, Active@ Disk Image allows its users to copy and recover disk images easily. This software supports a wide range of data storage devices, such as SD cards, USB drives, SSDs, HHDs, etc. It works very well in creating and restoring disk image backups, compressing images, and mounting images as virtual drives.
System Supported: Windows/Linux/ Unix
Pros of Active@ Disk Image
- Easy to use
- Offer free versions
- Ensure data security with image encryption
- Compatible with a wide range of storage devices
Cons of Active@ Disk Image
- The functions of the free version are limited
- The disk cloning performance is not so stable
6. Carbon Copy Cloner
Carbon Copy Cloner is a professional disk clone tool for Mac. With this efficient software, you can clone your SD cards by first creating a backup of the SD card and then restoring the data onto a completely new SD card or any other data storage device. It is pretty flexible since this tool allows you to backup an individual file or the whole disk and set scheduled backups according to your own needs.
System Supported: Mac
Pros of Carbon Copy Cloner
- Excellent backup functions facilitate the SD card cloning process
- Offer a trial last for 30 days
- Support from professional experts
- One license lets you run CCC on all of your devices
Cons of Carbon Copy Cloner
- Only compatible with Mac
- Functions are rather limited
- The performance is unstable sometimes
All of the disk cloning software mentioned above can be used for SD card cloning, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. But it is highly suggested that you try EaseUS Disk Copy due to its stable and professional cloning performance.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Disk Copy
- Clone an old disk to a new one
- Clone a small disk to a large one
- Clone HDD to SSD
How to Clone HDD to SSD on Windows 10/8/7