Download Crucial Data Transfer Software to Migrate SSD Data and OS
- 1. Connect the new HDD/SSD to your PC.
- 2. Run EaseUS Todo Backup for Windows 10 Clone.
- 3. Select System Clone on the left tool panel by clicking the icon at the left top corner.
- 4. Choose the destination disk - Crucial SSD to save your Windows 10/8/7 system
- 5. Click "Proceed" to start cloning Windows 10 to Crucial SSD.
Overview of the Best Crucial SSD Migration Software
Solid-state drives (SSDs) are designed to store important data and speed up your system. In our daily life, we often use Seagate, Crucial, and Sandisk SSDs. But some people are wondering how to transfer data or OS to Crucial SSD. All you need is Crucial SSD migration software.
The best Crucial SSD migration software we're going to introduce is also known as Crucial SSD clone software, and it's called EaseUS Todo Backup Software. Don't take the name wrong, as it's indeed a backup and recovery program, however, the highlighted feature of which is disk partition imaging and cloning. And most of all, it supports cloning HDD/SSD to any type of Crucial SSDs in a straightforward and fast manner.
As it tested out, the disk clone feature in EaseUS todo clone software enables migration of the operating system, disk partition, documents, pictures, and installed programs with settings for all Crucial SSD models, including Crucial MX200, MX100, BX100, and M500 Series, etc.
We know the significance of migrating data from one hard drive to another, especially the operating system. When you're planning to upgrade a hard disk drive or the current sluggish solid-state drive to a Crucial one, try EaseUS Windows backup software. It's easy, quick, and safe.
- Part 1. How to Move OS, Programs, and Data to Crucial SSD
- Part 2. How to Transfer Programs Only to Crucial SSD/HDD
As soon as you launch EaseUS Todo Backup software, on the main window, you'll easily find the "Clone" option. That's the feature you're going to use to migrate everything you need to a Crucial SSD. Disk clone will transfer all data (include the operating system and program) on the selected hard disk to another. It is especially useful when you want to replace the hard disk with a new one. For a successful disk clone, ensure that the capacity of the destination disk is larger than the used space of source disk.
- If you only want to transfer the operating system to Crucial SSD, choose the "System Clone" option. Then, follow the operations as you did at the very beginning.
Before getting started, there are some tips you should read carefully
- 1. If the source disk contains the system partition, please shut down the computer after the clone.
- 2. To remove either the source disk or destination disk from the computer to make the computer boot normally if the source disk contains a boot partition.
- 3. If you want to boot from the destination disk, we recommend you to replace the source disk with the destination disk.
- 4. If the computer fails to boot from the destination disk after the clone, we suggest you clone the source disk to another disk with the same HDD interface.
- 5. If you choose to clone a hidden partition, the cloned one will be unhidden.
Follow the steps to clone HDD/SSD to Crucial SSD with the best Crucial SSD migration software:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Toto Backup and click "Clone".
Step 2. Select the Windows disk or partition that you need to clone and click "Next".
Step 3. Choose the target partition or hard disk that you want to clone to.
Do remember to tick Sector by Sector clone under Advanced options so to clone every part of the Windows 10/8/7 partition or disk without losing anything.
Step 4. Preview the disk layout to confirm the settings of the source and destination disk. Click "Proceed" to execute disk clone.
If you only want to transfer applications to a Crucial SSD, you can use another easy-to-use utility - EaseUS Todo PCTrans. With it, you can do the following things:
- Transfer programs from one PC to another
- Transfer programs between local disks
- Transfer unlimited data/programs
- Move user account to another PC with ease
Follow the steps below to transfer wanted applications to Crucial SSDs:
Step 1. Connect new SSD or HDD to your PC and Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans
1. Connect the new SSD or HDD to your computer and initialize it to make the drive accessible.
2. On the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans, click "App Migration" and click "Start" to continue.
Step 2. Select apps, programs on the source disk and select SSD or HDD as target disk to transfer
1. On the source partition where you installed apps, tick desired programs (marked as "Yes") that you'd like to transfer to your SSD or HDD.
2. Click the triangle icon to select the new SSD or HDD as the destination and click "Transfer" to move the selected programs.
Step 3. Wait for the transferring process to finish
When the process finishes, click "OK" to complete.
Then you can restart your PC to keep all the changes and you can run the transferred program on your new SSD or HDD again.
That's all about transferring everything to Crucial SSD. If you want to move everything including OS, applications, and data, choose the Disk Clone feature in Part 1. If you only want to move OS, use the "System Clone" feature of EaseUS Todo Backup. If you want to move programs only, refer to Part 2.
Crucial SSD Clone Software Frequently Asked Questions
These questions and answers can provide you with additional help, you can read on.
Does Crucial SSD come with cloning software?
No, it doesn't come with cloning software. But EaseUS Todo Backup, available as a free download, can clone drives and backup your operating system, applications, settings, and all of your data.
How do I clone my hard drive to M.2?
To clone hard drive to M.2 SSD
Step 1. In "Disk Mode", select the HDD that you want to clone.
Step 2. Select the SSD as your destination.
Step 3. Edit the disk layout and then click "Proceed" to continue.
Step 4. Wait for the process to complete.
What is the best free drive cloning software?
- EaseUS Todo Backup - best free disk cloning software to clone disk
- Acronis True Image 2021
- PMacrium Reflect.
- Paragon Drive Copy Professional.
- Iperius Backup...
Was This Page Helpful?
Awards & Reviews
"Backup, restore and recover documents, as well as create emergency disks and wipe your hard disk entirely."
- By Mircea DragomirRead More >>
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.Free Download