Like basic disks, which are the most commonly used storage type found on computers running Microsoft Windows, dynamic disks can use the master boot record (MBR) or GUID partition table (GPT) partitioning scheme. All volumes on dynamic disks are known as dynamic volumes. It provides features that basic disks do not, such as the ability to create volumes that span multiple disks (spanned and striped volumes), and the ability to create fault tolerant volumes (mirrored and RAID-5 volumes).
Dynamic disks offer greater flexibility for volume management because they use a database to track information about dynamic volumes on the disk and about other dynamic disks in the computer. EaseUS Todo Backup Enterprise can help successfully backup dynamic disk volume on your computer.
Tutorial to backup dynamic disks volumes to an image:
1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup, click Disk/Partition backup.
2. Select disks volumes to backup. Tick off Sector by sector backup if necessary. You can select single partition or several partitions through multiple disks as you like.
3. Please enter Plan name and Description for your dynamic disk volume backup. By default, the name and description are given based on the backup time and backup type.
4. Click folder icon behind Destination to select backup storage location. By default, the software will recognize the most suitable partition as your destination, you can modify it.
5. Set schedule to backup disks and partitions later, daily, weekly, monthly or upon event.
Note: enter account and password with Administrator privilege to make the schedule take effect.
Detailed schedule examples refer to How to set backup schedule using EaseUS Todo Backup?
6. Click Backup options and pop up the following window, set backup compression, password, splitting etc.
7. Click Image-reserve strategy, tick I will preserve image files,and set day(s), week(s), month(s), year(s) to preserve images or the number of last backup files you want to preserve.
What's more, you can choose to preserve the first image.
8. Click Proceed to perform dynamic disks and volumes backup.
Related Information: System state backup and restore
Was This Page Helpful?
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.
Install Windows on Multiple Computers at Once? No Problem!
Learn how to install Windows 11/10/7 and special programs/software on a batch of computers. Use 10 minutes to do the 10 hours work without making a single mistake!Get Free Solution!