Transfer MS Office from the Old Computer to the New Computer
"Can I transfer MS office from my old computer to the new one with windows 10?" MS Office has become the necessities in the office, even at home, almost everyone uses the Microsoft Offices. When we upgrade the operating system, upgrade the hard drive or replace PCs, we have to re-install all programs on the new computer or the new windows 10. That's so sad! Are there any easier ways?
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro is an excellent PC migration tool; it can move Office 2010, Office 2007, Office 2003, Office 2013, Adobe to the new computer, new laptop. Users can choose "PC to PC" or "Backup & Restore" to migrate important data and programs to the new computer.
How to Transfer MS Office to the New Computer via Backup Files
Step 1. Create a backup file of Microsoft on the flash drive.
1. Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs. Connect the USB flash drive to the source PC. Then launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the source computer and go to "Backup & Restore" > "Start".
2. Hover on "Data Backup" and choose "Next".
3. Set the backup file name according to your preference and click "Confirm" to save the backup file on your USB flash drive. Then hover on "Applications" and choose "Edit". Afterward, you will see the list of the applications on your computer. Choose Microsoft Office and click "Finish".
Step 2. Restore the backup file on the new PC.
1. Connect the USB flash drive that you saved the backup file to the new PC. Then launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and go to "Backup & Restore" > "Start".
2. Hover on "Data Restore" and move to next step.
3. Hover on the backup file you just created and click "Restore". If the backup file is not shown on the screen, click "Browse" to select the backup file.
4. Go to "Applications" > "Edit", select Microsoft Office, and choose "Finish". Then click "Restore" on the screen to start the recovery process. When it has done, you can go to check and use Microsoft Office on your new PC.
Step 3. Get the product key to activate Office.
1. Hover on "Product Key" and choose "Scan".
2. Move to Office line and click "Copy".
How to Transfer MS Office to the New Computer via a Network
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select the transfer mode.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both of your computers.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and choose "PC to PC" on one of the computers.
Step 2. Connect the source PC and the target PC.
- Choose one method to connect the current PC to the target PC: enter the target computer's account password or its verification code. You can click and check the verification code on the right top of the "PC to PC" mainscreen on the target computer.
- Choose the transfer direction and click "Connect".
Step 3. Select Office to transfer.
- Hover on "Applications" and choose "Edit".
- In the list, Choose Microsoft Office and click "Finish".
Step 4. Transfer Microsoft Office to another PC.
- Click "Transfer" to start transferring Microsoft Office to another PC.
- Wait for the transfer process to finish and then click "OK".
Step 5. Save the product key to activate Microsoft Office.
- Back to the interface to click "Product Key".
- In the list, click "Copy" to save the activation key.
How to Activate the Transferred Version of MS Office
As usual, we need to move MS office to the new computer, then deactivate the office on the old computer (maybe you have to uninstall), activate MS office again on the new computer with the key. But if you have the FPP version license, you could make a copy of Office 2010/2013 to another computer without the key. FPP, OEM, MLK are the three most common types of licenses for MS Office. FPP or Full Packaged Product covers the boxed, retail version; only FPP licenses can be transferred.
Was This Page Helpful?
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.