(2021 Update) How to Move Microsoft Office to Another Drive
Can I Move Office to Another Drive
"Hello, I want to move my current installation of Microsoft Office from its current location in drive C. Now I want to move it to another hard drive partition within my computer. How can I do this without losing the Office suite? I would appreciate any simple steps or methods you have. Thanks a lot."
Yes, you can. If you are dogged by how to move Microsoft Office to another drive, stay here, you can easily transfer your programs to another drive or another PC easily and quickly by professional PC transfer software. And if you prefer a tried-and-true solution, using EaseUS Todo PCTrans is easier than CMD written by Microsoft. Furthermore, we also give you another method to transfer Office between two devices.
Why EaseUS Todo PCTrans Is Your Best Choice
If your programs are installed by default, Apps & Features in Windows Settings can help you transfer some installed programs from C drive to another drive.
However, most programs are not installed by default. You cannot change the installation location of Microsoft Office, as the "Move" option is not available.
Then, what can you do to move Microsoft Office to another drive when your C: drive gets full or you have a new hard drive? You can't get help by simply copying and pasting the programs neither. At this time, what you need most is EaseUS Todo PCTrans. This reliable and effective PC transfer software helps transfer your data, applications, and account settings from one PC to another in one click. It takes all stuff to a new PC or another dive. This software has many fantastic features:
- It can transfer user's account settings, user data, personalization & power settings from one PC to another or from the previous OS to a new OS after Windows in-place upgrade.
- It also works well in transferring selected applications & data from one PC to another or from the previous OS to a new OS after Windows in-place upgrade.
- It transfers data/apps from Windows XP/7/8 to Windows 10. Transfer applications between local disks.
Now that you have known that this Microsoft Office mover can help you change the installation location, you can download EaseUS PC transfer software and follow the steps below to move MS office to another place.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your computer.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and go to "App Migration" > "Start".
Step 2. Select Microsoft Office and the target drive.
- Click the drive on which you have installed Microsoft Office and check the application.
- Click "triangle icon" and choose the drive you want to transfer the application to.
- Click "Transfer" to start transferring Microsoft Office to another drive on your computer.
Step 3. Wait for the process to finish.
- The time spent depends on the size of the application(s) you attempt to finish. Thus, wait patiently for the process to complete.
- When it has done, click "OK".
In fact, many people are looking for ways to migrate Steam games, Microsoft Office, and Adobe to another drive to save their space. You also interested in:
View a step-by-step guide about how to move Steam games to SSD. We also provide details related to moving Epic, Origin, and Blizzard games from HDD to SSD.
As I have mentioned above, EaseUS Todo PCTrans can not only move Microsoft Office 2016/2013/2010 between local disks, it can also transfer Microsoft to another PC. All you need is EaseUS Todo PCTrans - fast and efficient data transfer software. Download it and transfer Microsoft Office from one PC to another.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select the transfer mode.
Step 2. Connect the source PC and the target PC.
Step 3. Select Office to transfer.
Step 4. Transfer Microsoft Office to another PC.
After the transfer, deactivate the office on the old computer (maybe you have to uninstall), activate the MS office again on the new computer with the key.
If you forget the product key and don't know how to find it, you can use the "Product Key" feature of EaseUS Todo PCTrans to export it.
With the help of EaseUS PC transfer software, you cannot only change Microsoft installation location but also migrate Microsoft to a new PC or laptop. If you want to move other programs like Origin games, Photoshop, antivirus software, and more, you can also use this software.
Was This Page Helpful?
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.