Page Table of Contents
Do you need a guide to move McAfee from one computer to a new computer or move the installation of McAfee? Follow the guide here, you'll get issue resolved immediately:
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Transfer McAfee from One Computer to Another||1. Use PC Data Transfer Software - EaseUS Todo PCTrans; 2. Re-Download McAfee on Another Computer...Full steps|
|Move McAfee from One Drive to Another||On the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans, go to "App Migration" section and click "Start"...Full steps|
McAfee is one of the very popular names in the antivirus community because it comes with several security features and other add-ons. Remember that your computer's security is not up to the mark if you are running it without antivirus software. You may use your PC for both professional and personal purposes. Thus, you need to pay attention to its security.
With reliable antivirus software on your computer, you can remain assured of its protection from harmful malware. Standard antivirus software will help you stay aware regarding potential threats that can damage your computer and its files, and it also alarms you to take suitable action. If you have not downloaded and installed antivirus software on your PC, then it is vulnerable to security issues and threats.
McAfee is brilliant antivirus software; more than a million computer users all across the world have installed this software to keep their systems safe against the virus. Below is the list of some common uses of McAfee:
- It comes with unbeatable malware detection and removal features. Thus it protects your computer's files from different viruses, rootkits, and other threats
- It provides safety against new or unknown buffer-overflow abuses that target vulnerabilities in your system's application
- It offers protection across networks, files, web, and vulnerable data
- The real-time scanning features ensures that your computer is protected from emerging threats
Why Transfer MacAfee from One Computer or Drive to Another
After installing McAfee on the PC, you may need to transfer McAfee from one computer to another due to a variety of reasons. Some of them are:
- You are getting a new device, and you want to transfer your existing McAfee license from your old computer to the new one.
- Your old device isn't working anymore, and you had an ongoing license that you want to install into some other computer.
- The device you are currently using is being used in a closed system and doesn't need a McAfee license, and you want to transfer it to some other device.
Now that you know about McAfee and its uses let’s discuss how you can transfer McAfee from one computer to another. There are 2 ways in which you can transfer the software to another PC. Both the ways are described here in detail.
1. Use PC Data Transfer Software - EaseUS Todo PCTrans
The best way to transfer McAfee from one computer to another is by using PC data transfer software. Since McAfee is an important software for your PC, make sure that you use a trusted data transfer software, i.e., EaseUS Todo PCTrans. It is the most effective and reliable tool which you can use to transfer data, applications, accounts between one computer to another.
If you've been using your PC for quite some time now, you would have some important files and applications to move to the new computer. In this case, EaseUS Todo PCTrans can be of great use for you. It is a brilliant tool for transferring programs without reinstalling them again and again. Before talking about how you can transfer McAfee from one computer to another, let's take a look at the features of EaseUS Todo PCTrans:
- It lets you safely transfer everything: With EaseUS Todo PCTrans, you can transfer files, settings, applications, and user profiles from an old PC to a new one securely. One of the best parts of this tool is that it supports all the popular programs and applications like Adobe software, MS Office, Dropbox, AutoCAD, McAfee, etc.
- It comes with an auto-transfer functionality: With this tool, you are not required to transfer files, programs, settings, etc., manually. The auto-transfer feature of the toll will do everything for you. Thus, you don't need to face any hassle while migrating to a new PC.
- It allows you to transfer locally: Sometimes, you may need to move applications or programs to other drives of your computer due to storage issues. With EaseUS Todo PCTrans, you can easily copy installed programs among the local disks of the same computer.
- It provides free transfer assistance: The technical assistance of EaseUS is at par. The experts offer round-the-clock service whenever you need any data transfer help.
Transfer McAfee from one computer to another with EaseUS Todo PCTrans
You can use the PC to PC transfer mode of EaseUS Todo PCTrans to move Mcafee from one computer to another in a few simple clicks. The best thing about transferring with this free tool is that you just have to log in again to use the software once it completes the migration process. When you log in, the account will be activated, and there is no need to activate it again. It will help you enhance your efficiency in a great manner.
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
On the source PC, select "PC to PC" on the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans and move on.
Step 2. Choose transfer direction - Old or New Computer
"New" - Transfer all data from remote old computer to current new computer.
"Old" - Transfer all data from current old device to a new computer.
Step 3. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
Step 4. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. You can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
2. Re-Download McAfee on Another Computer
Another way to transfer McAfee from one computer to another is by re-downloading the McAfee antivirus software on another computer. You can follow the steps listed below to transfer your McAfee subscription to a new PC.
Step 1. On your new PC, go to the web page of McAfee.
Step 2. Move your mouse to the "My Account" option and click on the "My Account" option from the drop-down menu.
Step 3. Here, type the registered email address and password. Click on the "Log In" option.
Step 4. Choose the PC you want to release the license from.
Step 5. Now, click on the "Deactivate" option.
Step 6. To initiate the installation process on your new computer, click on the "Download" option.
Step 7. Follow the instruction given on the screen to download and install the McAfee software.
That's how you can re-download the software to transfer McAfee from one computer to another.
You may also need to change the installation of McAfee to another drive due to several reasons. A few of the common reasons to move McAfee from one drive to another are listed below:
- The computer might need a factory reset or a window re-download. In any case, it will delete every third-party software in the root drive.
- The root drive may be overloaded with a lot of software, and you might want to take some burden away by moving McAfee to some other drive.
- You might have installed an extra HDD or SSD to your existing setup, and you want McAfee to work exclusively on a particular drive.
So, if you have to move McAfee from one drive to another due to the reasons mentioned above or others, then you can use EaseUS PC data transfer software. The tool will allow you to move McAfee locally in other drives with great ease.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select transfer mode
On the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans, go to "App Migration" section and click "Start" to continue.
Step 2. Select apps and another drive to transfer
1. Select the source partition and tick applications, programs and software (marked as "Yes") that you'd like to migrate.
2. Click triangle icon to select another drive or disk as your target device and click "Transfer" to start the migration.
Step 3. Finish the migration process
When the transferring process finishes, click "OK" to complete.
You can restart your PC to keep all the changes, and you should be able to run your migrated apps on the other drive again.
Indeed, antivirus software like McAfee adds an extra layer of protection to your PC. With the right software, you can safeguard your PC from unknown threats and issues. So, if you want to transfer McAfee from one computer to another or move McAfee from one drive to another due to any reason, we recommend you try your hands on EaseUS Todo PCTrans. This tool is great for all your computer migration operations.
About the Author
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More