Page Table of Contents
Reviews and Awards
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|From Laptop to Pen Drive||Step 1. Create a backup file of Microsoft on the flash drive; Step 2. Restore the backup file on the new PC...Full steps|
|From One Computer to Another||Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select the transfer mode; Step 2. Choose the transfer direction...Full steps|
Q: "Can I copy Microsoft Office from one computer to another with a USB flash drive? I tried, but the Office doesn't run on the destination computer as expected. Where did it go wrong? Can anyone tell me how to copy MS Office from laptop to pen drive?"
You can't simply copy the MS Office to another computer with a pen drive. Microsoft Office isn't a portable program that it can not run well on another PC by copying the set files. Then, how to copy MS Office from laptop to pen drive to move to it another PC/ laptop without reinstalling?
In this tutorial, we will explain how to transfer Microsoft Office from one computer to another with a PC transfer tool that allows you to copy programs with or without a USB flash drive.
Free Download Microsoft Office Transfer Software
MS Office will create hundreds of thousands of entries in Windows Registry, which you can hardly carry along while trying to copy the application. That's why you need help from the recommended app migration tool.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans provides easy and effective methods to copy installed programs. To move Microsoft Office from one computer o another, you have two options to make it.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans
- Transfer Office 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/365 and find key.
- Transfer Office from PC to PC/Laptop via LAN, WiFi or Image.
- Move Office from C drive to a local/external drive, no boot error.
- Transfer via PC to PC directly: Install and run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both computers. Use the PC to PC utility to transfer files, applications, and user account from one PC to another directly.
- Transfer via Backup & Restore with a USB: Create images of your files, programs & account with a pen drive or USB flash drive, and restore the image to the target computer to complete the transfer.
Download this program migration software and learn how to copy MS Office from laptop to pen drive or from one computer to another with step-by-step guides.
How to Copy MS Office from Laptop to Pen Drive
EaseUS Todo PCTrans enables you to transfer files from PC to PC with a USB drive. You can use the Backup and Restore feature to transfer MS Office from one laptop to another via a pen drive when there is no internet connection. This solution applies to migrate Microsoft Office 2007 - 2019.
Step 1. Create a backup file of Microsoft on the flash drive.
1. Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs. Connect the USB flash drive to the source PC. Then launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the source computer and go to "Backup & Restore" > "Start".
2. Hover on "Data Backup" and choose "Next".
3. Set the backup file name according to your preference and click "Confirm" to save the backup file on your USB flash drive. Then hover on "Applications" and choose the applications that you need to transfer on your computer. For example, choose Microsoft Office and click "Back up".
Step 2. Restore the backup file on the new PC.
1. Connect the USB flash drive that you saved the backup file to the new PC. Then launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and go to "Backup & Restore" > "Start".
2. Hover on "Data Restore" and move to next step.
3. Hover on the backup file you just created and click "Restore". If the backup file is not shown on the screen, click "Browse" to select the backup file.
4. Go to "Applications", select Microsoft Office, and choose "Finish". Then click "Restore" on the screen to start the recovery process. When it has done, you can go to check and use Microsoft Office on your new PC.
Step 3. Get the product key to activate Office.
1. Click "Product Key" and choose "Scan".
2. Move to Office line and click "Copy".
By following all the above steps, you can successfully move the MS Office from one computer to another without reinstalling or without any activation problem.In the absence of a network connection, you can use a USB flash drive or a pen drive to copy MS Office from one computer to another by way of backup and restoration. But if there is a network, you don't have to be so troublesome, you can directly transfer Microsoft Office from one PC to another.
How to Copy MS Office from One Computer to Another Directly
EaseUS Todo PCTrans also supports the fast program transfer between two PCs without a USB flash drive. Under the same LAN, you can directly share files between two laptops or PCs. Download EaseUS PC data transfer tool to move programs, files, user account, and settings from one computer to another through a network.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select the transfer mode.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both of your computers.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and choose "PC to PC" on one of the computers.
Step 2. Choose the transfer direction.
"Old" - Move Office from current old computer to another new one.
"New" - Transfer Office from old device to current new device.
Step 3. Connect the source PC and the target PC.
- Choose one method to connect the current PC to the target PC: enter the target computer's account password or its verification code. You can click and check the verification code on the right top of the "PC to PC" mainscreen on the target computer.
- Choose the transfer direction and click "Connect".
Step 4. Select Office to transfer.
- Hover on "Applications" and choose Microsoft Office and click "Transfer".
- Wait for the transfer process to finish and then click "OK".
Step 5. Save the product key to activate Microsoft Office.
- Back to the interface to click "Product Key".
- In the list, click "Copy" to save the activation key.
See the 3 easy steps:
Step 1. Lauch EaseUS Todo PCTran on both PCs.
Step 2. Choose "PC to PC" mode and connect the targeted PC.
Step 3. Select Office program under Applications tab and click "Finish" to confirm. Click "Transfer".
Speaking of transferring Microsoft Office, it's more than that. We also have written another detailed article for you. Check the tailor-made methods to copy MS Office to another computer in automatic and manual ways.
3 Ways to Transfer Microsoft Office from One Laptop to Another
This page shows you how to transfer Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 application with its product key from one laptop to another with the help of EaseUS PC Transfer software, 365 Subscription, and manual reinstalling.
Use EaseUS PC Transfer Software to Copy MS Office in Various Ways
We have presented two ways to copy Microsoft Office from one computer to another by using EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
- One is using the backup function to transfer MS Office from laptop to pen drive in an image. And restore the program to the computer.
- The other is transferring Microsoft Office from one computer to another directly via the network. This is the simplest way to move files and applications between two Windows computers.
Except for these two features, you can still apply the App Migration option of EaseUS Todo PCTrans to copy software between two local drives such as transfer programs from C drive to D drive or move apps from PC to an external hard drive.
About the Author
Updated by Tracy King
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Written by Jean
Since graduating from university, Jean has been writing tech articles and has been a valuable member of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her areas of expertise include data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, and multimedia world.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More
How to Backup Installed Programs in Windows 11? 3 Methods
How Do I Transfer Everything from My Old Computer to My New Computer? Full Guide 2023
How to Move McAfee from one Computer/Drive to Another Without Reinstalling
Windows Profile Migration Tool Free Download with How-to Guide 2023