How to Copy MS Office from Laptop to Pen Drive/Flash Drive/USB
Q: "Can I just copy the MS Word program from one computer to another with a USB drive? I tried, but the Office doesn't run on the destination computer as expected. Where did it go wrong?" or "Can i copy microsoft office from one computer to another?"
A: The short answer is an absolute NO. Microsoft Office isn't a portable program that it can not run well on another PC by copying the set files. The best available way is to run the third-party program mover - EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
On this page, you will get the right answer to move Office from one computer to another. See copy Microsoft Office to an external drive in part 1. If you don't want to use a USB drive, you can move to part 2.
MS Office will create hundreds of thousands of entries in Windows Registry, which you can hardly carry along while trying to copy the application. That's why you need help from the recommended Windows easy transfer software.
It can copy and transfer Microsoft Office from one laptop to another in two ways: over "PC to PC" or "Backup & Restore". Here, since you prefer using a flash drive, we're going to teach you how to use EaseUS Todo PCTrans to transfer Microsoft Office from one desktop/laptop to another with simply a USB flash drive. If this method is not your cup of tea, check the second solution.
Get a free download and enjoy the secure transfer:
Two things you need to prepare in advance:
- A USB flash drive or pen drive
- EaseUS Todo PCTrans
For example, we're going to transfer the application from computer A to computer B.
Install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both Computer A and B.
Step 1. Create a backup file of Microsoft on the flash drive.
1. Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs. Connect the USB flash drive to the source PC. Then launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the source computer and go to "Backup & Restore" > "Start".
2. Hover on "Data Backup" and choose "Next".
3. Set the backup file name according to your preference and click "Confirm" to save the backup file on your USB flash drive. Then hover on "Applications" and choose "Edit". Afterward, you will see the list of the applications on your computer. Choose Microsoft Office and click "Finish".
Step 2. Restore the backup file on the new PC.
1. Connect the USB flash drive that you saved the backup file to the new PC. Then launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and go to "Backup & Restore" > "Start".
2. Hover on "Data Restore" and move to next step.
3. Hover on the backup file you just created and click "Restore". If the backup file is not shown on the screen, click "Browse" to select the backup file.
4. Go to "Applications" > "Edit", select Microsoft Office, and choose "Finish". Then click "Restore" on the screen to start the recovery process. When it has done, you can go to check and use Microsoft Office on your new PC.
Step 3. Get the product key to activate Office.
1. Hover on "Product Key" and choose "Scan".
2. Move to Office line and click "Copy".
By following all the steps here, you can successfully move the MS Office from computer A to computer B. By this way of EaseUS transfer, you can run MS on any other computer without reinstalling!
EaseUS Todo PCTrans also supports the fast program transfer between two PCs without an external drive. Under the same internet, in this case, the program migrating tool can save time than the former method.
See the 3 easy steps:
Step 1. Lauch EaseUS Todo PCTran on both PCs.
Step 2. Choose "PC to PC" mode and connect the targeted PC.
Step 3. Select Office program under Applications tab and click "Finish" to confirm. Click "Transfer".
Speaking of transferring Microsoft Office, it's more than that. To figure out the transfer of different version, we have written another detailed article for you. Check your tailor-made method!!!
This page shows you how to transfer Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 application with its product key from one laptop to another with the help of EaseUS PC Transfer software and Microsoft manual method.
Was This Page Helpful?
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.