2021 Magic Wester Digital (WD) Partition Manager Software Free Download
Are you looking for a reliable WD partition tool that can help you flexibly manage partitions on your HDD, SSD, or external hard drives? Stay here and follow this tutorial to fully manage your Western Digital hard drive partition with ease now.
Western Digital, a renowned storage device producer, provides data storage solutions to help customers to capture and preserve their valuable data on multiple types of storage devices, including HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, etc.
To make use of the WD hard drive partitions, you may need to manage and partition hard drives on Western Digital hard drives. Here in the below, we'll show you how to get a reliable WD partition manager software and partition your WD HDD/SSD in only a few clicks.
Here is a list of cases that you'll need to turn to a reliable partition tool for help:
- Resize partitions - extending or shrinking
- Create partitions (logical or primary)
- Merge two partitions into one
- Migrate OS from the old drive
- Format partitions to fit operating system (e.g. format WD hard drive for Mac)
- Copy partitions to another drive for backup
- Wipe WD disk
WD Partition Manager Software Is Available Here to Free Download
So how do you manage to partition your Western Digital hard drive in Windows 10/8/7? Reliable third-party partition manager software can help.
EaseUS Partition Master is an all-in-one disk management tool for WD hard drives, external hard drives, and other portable storage devices.
So how do I partition a WD external hard drive? EaseUS Partition Master is a lightweight Windows application that all levels of Windows users can apply flexibly partition and manage hard disk in Windows 10/8/7, Vista, and XP.
Follow the tutorial guides below to manage your Western Digital hard drives, SSDs, or external storage media with ease now:
Tutorial 1: Partition Hard Drive
Step-by-Step Guide to Partition WD Hard Drive:
Step 1. To Shrink a Partition
- Right-click on a partition that you want to shrink and select "Resize/Move".
- Drag the end of the partition rightward or leftward to adjust the space. Click "OK" to continue.
Step 2. To Extend a Partition
- To extend partition, you need to leave unallocated space. If not, shrink a partition as mentioned above.
- Then right-click on the target partition and select "Resize/Move".
- Drag the target partition handle into the unallocated space to extend partition. Click "OK" to continue.
Step 3. To Create a Partition:
- On the main window, right-click on the unallocated space on your hard drive or external storage device and select "Create".
- Set the partition size, partition label, drive letter, file system, etc. for the new partition and click "OK" to continue.
Step 4. To Delete a Partition
- On the main window, right-click on the hard drive partition which you want to delete and select "Delete".
- Click "OK" to confirm.
Step 5. To Change Partition Drive Letter
- Right-click the partition, and choose "Change Drive Letter".
- Click the down arrow, choose a drive letter for the partition, then click "OK".
Finally, click the "Execute Operation" button at the top corner and keep all changes by clicking "Apply".
Tutorial 2: Format Western Digital Hard Drive
EaseUS Partition Master can also work as a WD quick formatter that anyone can apply to format WD partitions to NTFS, FAT32, EXT2, or EXT3.
You can even use it to format WD external hard drive for Mac on Windows PC. If you want to do so, please set the file system as FAT32 for better compatibility on Mac.
Note that formatting will remove all existing data on the WD disk. Therefore, remember to back up your data first. Then take steps as shown below to start formatting the WD hard drive:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master, right-click the partition on your external hard drive/USB/SD card which you want to format and choose the "Format" option.
Step 2. Assign a new partition label, file system (NTFS/FAT32/EXT2/EXT3), and cluster size to the selected partition, then click "OK".
Step 3. In the Warning window, click "OK" to continue.
Step 4. Click the "Execute Operation" button in the top-left corner to review the changes, then click "Apply" to start formatting your external hard drive/USB/SD card.
You May Also Interest In:
Besides the above two features, you can also use EaseUS Partition Master to execute some advanced operations on your WD internal or external hard drive, such as:
Some of you may think of using the Windows built-in Disk Management which indeed meets the basic needs of [artitioning a hard drive. It allows WD users to extend, shrink, delete and format volumes only, and even sometimes it's unavailable in those functions.
However, if your WD hard drive needs more management beyond the capability of Windows Disk Management, don't hesitate to download EaseUS Partition Master - the magic Western Digital partitioning software for help.
It's your turn, and take action to make use of your Western Digital hard drive now.
Was This Page Helpful?
About EaseUS Partition Master
All-round disk & partition management software for personal and commercial use. Let it manage your storage drive: resize, format, delete, clone, convert, etc.
How to Partititon a Hard Drive on Windows 10/8/7
Was This Page Helpful
How Can We Help You
Find answers to common questions below.