- 01 Steam Missing Downloaded Files
- 02 Elden Ring Lost Progress
- 03 Elden Ring Stuck on Loading Screen
- 04 It Takes Two Lost Progress
- 05 Terraria Load Failed No Backup Found
- 06 Red Dead Redemption 2 Lost Save Game PC
- 07 How to Recover Saved Game Data on Xbox One
- 08 League of Legends Account Recovery
- 09 League of Legends Replay Folder
- 10 Valorant Replay
- 11 Fallout 4 Recover Deleted Save
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Recover from Cloud saves||Go to Settings > click Application Saved Data Management > click Saved Data in Online Storage...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Recover from re-downloading||Sign in PS4 and go to PlayStation Store > find lost games > redownload lost games...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Recover from PS4 hard drive||Connect the hard drive to your computer > choose the drive to scan > preview and recover...Full steps|
How to Restore Lost PS4 Game Saves?
"Does anyone know how to recover or restore deleted PS4 game files from the PS4 hard drive? It was a mistake when I first received a message saying that the server was down, I must remove all files and re-log on to reuse and re-play games on PS4. I followed and deleted all the game files without any backup. Now all my games are gone. Can I recover the lost game files directly? I don't remember all the games and neither want to waste so much time to download those lost games again."
It can be effortless for PS4 game lovers to lose vulnerable game files on their hard drives by accidental deletion, sudden power outage, hard drive formatting, or other errors. But it's quite complicated for users to recover lost PS4 game files without backups. After data loss, it will take quite a long time for users to re-download and re-install lost game files. So will you just let the deleted or lost game files disappear from your PS4 hard drive? Of course not! You still have solutions to recover lost data on PS4! Read on and find answers.
Method 1. Restore Deleted or Lost PS4 Hard Drive Games from Cloud Saves
If you've saved or uploaded beloved PS4 games into online cloud storage, you'll be able to find and restore deleted or lost PS4 hard drive games from Cloud Saves. Follow the below tutorial steps to restore your lost PS4 hard drive games right now:
- Go to "Settings" > click "Application Saved Data Management".
- Tab "Saved Data in Online Storage" > "Download to System Storage".
- Select and check relative games that you saved in Online Storage > click "Download".
- Wait for the downloading process finishes, and you need to repeat the operation several times till you get all lost games restored from Cloud saves.
After this, you'll be able to recover deleted saved games on PS4 hard drive and enjoy playing those games again.
Method 2. Recover Lost PS4 Games by Re-Downloading Them from Playstation Store
PlayStation Store has a feature that once you've bought games from it, you can redownload it again after login into your PS4 game account with your user name and password. So you can follow below steps to re-download lost PS4 games from PlayStation Store and save them on your PS4 hard drive again:
- Sign in PS4 account with the username and password > go to "PlayStation Store".
- Find lost games which you lost on PS4 hard drive.
- Re-download lost games one by one to PS4 local storage - PS4 hard drive again.
- If you have PS4 game CDs, you can also restore lost games from the game CDs.
Method 3. Recover Deleted Games on PS4 from Hard Drive
Another effective way to recover deleted game data on PS4 is by trying file recovery software for help. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard helps you find the lost PS4 game installation packs or game captures, game videos as long as the PS4 hard drive is not encrypted.
EaseUS Data Recovery Software Free Download
No matter it's deleted files recovery or formatted recovery, this competent data recovery tool will get back the lost saved game files on PS4 within three simple steps. Now, download this tool and follow the steps below. You don't need to pay for it until it finds what you want.
Things need to do at first:
- Stop using your PS4 hard drive when you have lost data or game files on it.
- To connect your PS4 to your computer, you need to open your PS4 and take out the hard drive. Then, use an HDD Enclosure or SATA to USB converter cable to connect the hard drive to your computer.
- Sometimes, the hard drive won't show up in the drive selection interface. If encounter "external hard drive doesn't show up", solve the problem at the start.
Step 1. Select the drive where you lose your data and click "Scan".
Step 2. Use "Filter" or "Search" to find the lost files when the scan completes.
Step 3. Select all the files you want and click "Recover". Then, browse another secure location to save them.
After the process, you can run the restored PS4 game files, re-install lost games on the PS4 hard drive and play games again.
The video tutorial for recovering data from hard drive.
Extra Tip: Format PS4 Hard Drive Before Re-installing Games
If your PS4 game hard drive gets corrupted or when you need to upgrade PS4 hard drives, remember to reformat the drive again before loading it into the PS4 game console. Here we'd like to recommend you to try free hard drive formatting software which will help you to format the whole game drive easily and safely. Download EaseUS Partition Master Free and connect PS4 hard drive with PC.
Step 1. Run EaseUS Partition Master, right-click the hard drive partition you intend to format and choose "Format".
Step 2. In the new window, set the Partition label, File system (NTFS/FAT32/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4/exFAT), and Cluster size for the partition to be formatted, then click "OK".
Step 3. Then you will see a warning window, click "Yes" in it to continue.
Step 4. Click the "Execute 1 Task(s)" button to review the changes, then click "Apply" to start formatting the partition on your hard drive.
After this, you may reinstall PS4 in the hard drive and store all games back to the drive and replay them again.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and loves various electronic products.
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
Jean/Sep 22, 2022
Roxanne/Sep 22, 2022
Tracy King/Sep 22, 2022
Tracy King/Sep 22, 2022