One-click System Clone to HDD/SSD
EaseUS Clone vs System Clone
Customers who downloaded the latest version of EaseUS Todo Backup would benefit a lot from the Windows backup software's newly added feature. It's called "System clone".
What's the special existence of "system clone"? Besides the largely demanded file backup, disk/partition backup and mail backup, EaseUS Todo Backup software's HDD/ SSD to SSD cloning feature helps customers resolve many complex migration affairs, especially when they need to upgrade hard disk from an old to a new, a smaller to a larger or a hard disk drive to a solid state drive, however, strong demand not reinstalling OS.
So, EaseUS Todo Backup offers a smart choice for its users to do system clone, whether they're trying to migrate OS from the original hard drive to a Samsung, Kingston, Seagate, Crucial or SanDisk SSD, they can easily accomplish the job by only one-click.
How to Migrate OS to HDD/SSD, Clone System Drive to HDD/SSD
To do system clone on two separate disk partitions, there are some tips that shall raise your attention.
- If the source disk contains the system partition, please shut down the computer after the clone.
- To remove either the source disk or destination disk from the computer to make the computer boot normally if the source disk contains boot partition.
- If you want to boot from the destination disk, we recommend you to replace the source disk with the destination disk.
- If the computer fails to boot from the destination disk after the clone, we suggest you clone the source disk to another disk with the same HDD interface.
- If you choose to clone a hidden partition, the cloned one will be unhidden.
Detail steps for OS migration:
Step 1. Connect the New Second Hard Drive to the PC
Preparations before cloning start:
1. To connect the target disk to your PC, you may need a screwdriver, a Power Splitter Adapter Cable, a SATA cable, or a USB to SATA adapter.
2. Make sure the target HDD/SSD has an equal or bigger capacity than the used space of the old drive.
3. Check whether the style of the new disk is the same as that of the old disk. If not, Initialize a new HDD/SSD to MBR or GPT.
3. Download a Disk Cloning Tool – EaseUS Todo Backup
EaseUS Todo Backup is the cloning software that integrates multiple functions, including , etc. In the disk clone field, this tool stands out due to the following aspects:
- Support system/disk clone, backup, restoring , and system transfer.
- Covers as many as disk cloning demands, such as update hard drive to a larger one, clone OS, etc.
- Disk cloning has the highest success rate among all similar products on the market.
- Supports all kinds of disk types, including IDE, EIDE, SATA, ESATA, ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB 1.0/2.0/3.0.
- Supports cloning of basic/dynamic disks and MBR/GPT disks.
Step 2. Step by Step Guide
System Clone: Choose System Clone > choose the destination disk > click Next to start. In Advanced options, you can choose the option of Create a portable Windows USB drive to clone the system to a USB drive.
Disk/Partition Clone: Choose Clone > Select the resource disk or partition > Select the target disk > Click Next to start.
Step 3. Boot from the Clone Hard Drive
Case 1. If you want to keep both the old disk and the new disk
- Restart PC and press F2 (F8,F10, DEL...) to enter BIOS settings.
- In the Boot option, select new HDD/SSD as the new boot drive.
- Exit BIOS and restart the computer.
Case 2. If you want to only keep the new disk
- Unplug the old disk and make sure the new disk is well connected.
- Connect the new disk and make sure it can be detected by the computer
- Restart your computer.
Was This Page Helpful?
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.
Install Windows on Multiple Computers at Once? No Problem!
Learn how to install Windows 11/10/7 and special programs/software on a batch of computers. Use 10 minutes to do the 10 hours work without making a single mistake!Get Free Solution!