EaseUS Clone vs System Clone
Customers who downloaded the latest version of EaseUS Todo Backup would benefit a lot from the Windows backup software's newly added feature. It's called "System clone".
What's the special existence of "system clone"? Besides the largely demanded file backup, disk/partition backup and mail backup, EaseUS Todo Backup software's HDD/ SSD to SSD cloning feature helps customers resolve many complex migration affairs, especially when they need to upgrade hard disk from an old to a new, a smaller to a larger or a hard disk drive to a solid state drive, however, strong demand not reinstalling OS.
So, EaseUS Todo Backup offers a smart choice for its users to do system clone, whether they're trying to migrate OS from the original hard drive to a Samsung, Kingston, Seagate, Crucial or SanDisk SSD, they can easily accomplish the job by only one-click.
How to Migrate OS to HDD/SSD, Clone System Drive to HDD/SSD
To do system clone on two separate disk partitions, there are some tips that shall raise your attention.
- If the source disk contains the system partition, please shut down the computer after the clone.
- To remove either the source disk or destination disk from the computer to make the computer boot normally if the source disk contains boot partition.
- If you want to boot from the destination disk, we recommend you to replace the source disk with the destination disk.
- If the computer fails to boot from the destination disk after the clone, we suggest you clone the source disk to another disk with the same HDD interface.
- If you choose to clone a hidden partition, the cloned one will be unhidden.
Detail steps for OS migration:
- If you are trying to clone Windows 10 to a new HDD or SSD disk, please do remember to empty the disk in advance.
One more thing that you can do is to convert your HDD/SSD disk to MBR or GPT - exact the same as your current system disk, which will allow you to effortlessly boot system after cloning Windows system.
Let's see how to clone your Windows 10 OS to a new HDD/SSD without reinstallation Windows OS now:
Step 1. Connect the new HDD/SSD to your PC.
Step 2. Run EaseUS Todo Backup for Windows 10 Clone.
Select "System Clone" on the left tool panel by clicking the icon at the left top corner.
Step 3. Choose the destination disk - HDD/SSD to save Windows 10 system
Choose the new HDD or SSD as your target disk for saving the cloned Windows 10 system.
Then click "Proceed" to start cloning Windows 10 to HDD/SSD now.
After this, insert your new HDD or SSD into your computer and reboot PC, change the boot order to set computer boot from new HDD/SSD with cloned Windows 10 system:
- Restart PC and press F2 or F8 to enter BIOS settings.
- In the Boot option, select new HDD/SSD as the new boot drive and save all the changes.
- Exit BIOS and restart the computer, you should be able to see Windows 10 running on your new disk without any problems.
Was This Page Helpful?
Awards & Reviews
"Backup, restore and recover documents, as well as create emergency disks and wipe your hard disk entirely."
- By Mircea DragomirRead More >>
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.Free Download