Transfer Data, Software/Applications to Windows 10
Windows 10 with more features has arrived. Some Windows fans have prepared to upgrade from Windows7/8 to Windows 10. Or Windows XP users want to grasp the chance, directly upgrade to the latest Windows Operating System. No matter you want to replace your old computer or upgrade to Windows 10 on the same PC, transferring data and programs to the new PC, OS is a big problem. About the files or data migration, we could clone the whole drive from the old computer to the new computer, or backup and move the crucial data to the new PC. Windows Easy Transfer is another choice, we could use it to transfer data to Windows 7, Windows 8, but it is unavailable for Windows 8.1, 8.x and Windows 10. You can go to our solution page of the Windows 10 upgrade for more information.
Compared with file migration, transferring programs to a new computer with a new Operating System like Windows 10 is tougher. The below will introduce the direct or indirect way to migrate software to the new OS and the new Computer.
Transfer Software/Applications to the New Computer via the Backup File with Windows 10 or the Windows 10 After the In-Place Upgrade
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can migrate our data and programs without a network, not need to keep the PCs in the same LAN Network. The indirect way also supports to transfer software to the new OS on the same PC.
Step 1. Create a backup image of installed apps
1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your PC and go to "Backup & Restore", click "Start" to continue.
2. Select "Data Backup" on the Backup Method window and click "Next" to continue.
3. Click "Browse" to set a target location for saving the backup file.
4. On the "Application" section, click "Edit" to bring up the application list.
5. Select applications that you want to back up and click "Finish" to confirm.
6. Last, click "Back up" to start creating the backup image of selected applications. When the process to completes, continue with Step 2.
Step 2. Restore apps from the created backup file
Note: If the app exists on your PC, it won't restore the app image to your PC. You'll need to uninstall the existing one and retry again with the next guidelines.
1. Copy and save the backup file to your target computer, and run EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
On the "Backup & Restore" section, click "Start" to continue, then select "Data Restore" as the transfer mode.
2. Click "Browse" to select the EaseUS Todo PCTrans image and click "Restore" to move on.
3. On the Application section, click "Edit" to bring up the application list (that you've backed up in Step 1).
4. Tick programs and applications that you want to restore from the image file and click "Finish" to confirm.
5. Click "Restore" to finish the restoring process and you can restart PC to keep all the changes on your PC.
Transfer Software/Applications to the New Computer with Windows 10 Directly
Using the direct transfer, we need to keep our PCs in the same LAN network, and it doesn't support to move the software to the new OS on the same PC.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your source and target computers, connect both PCs via the internet.
1. At the "PC to PC" section, click "PC to PC" to continue.
2. Select your target computer via its device name, then enter its account password or verification code and select the transfer direction. Then click "Connect" to continue.
You can check the verification code on the right top of "PC to PC" mainscreen on the target computer.
Step 2. Select the categories Applications, Files, and Accounts to transfer via the internet.
If you want to transfer data selectively, click "Edit" under each category, and choose the specific items.
Step 3. Click "Transfer" to start transferring your apps/files/accounts from one computer to another computer via the Internet.
According to different situations, users could choose the appropriate way to transfer data, files, and applications to Windows 10. Please backup your crucial data before upgrading the operating system or replacing PC.
The video tutorial of transferring files, software to Windows 10
Was This Page Helpful?
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.