Transfer Data, Software/Applications to Windows 10 or Windows 11
Windows 11/10 with more features has arrived. Some Windows fans have prepared to upgrade from Windows7/8 to Windows 10/11. Or Windows XP users want to grasp the chance, directly upgrade to the latest Windows Operating System. No matter you want to replace your old computer or upgrade to Windows 10 on the same PC, transferring data and programs to the new PC, OS is a big problem. About the files or data migration, we could clone the whole drive from the old computer to the new computer, or backup and move the crucial data to the new PC. Windows Easy Transfer is another choice, we could use it to transfer data to Windows 7, Windows 8, but it is unavailable for Windows 8.1, 8.x and Windows 10/11. You can go to our solution page of the Windows 10/11 upgrade for more information.
Compared with file migration, transferring programs to a new computer with a new Operating System like Windows 10 is tougher. The below will introduce the direct or indirect way to migrate software to the new OS and the new Computer.
Transfer Software/Applications to the New Computer via the Backup File with Windows 10/11 or the Windows 10/11 After the In-Place Upgrade
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can migrate our data and programs without a network, not need to keep the PCs in the same LAN Network. The indirect way also supports to transfer software to the new OS on the same PC.
Step 1. Create a backup image of installed apps
1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your PC and go to "Backup & Restore", click "Start" to continue.
2. Select "Data Backup" on the Backup Method window and click "Next" to continue.
3. Click "Browse" to set a target location for saving the backup file.
4. On the "Application" section, click "Edit" to bring up the application list.
5. Select applications that you want to back up and click "Finish" to confirm.
6. Last, click "Back up" to start creating the backup image of selected applications. When the process to completes, continue with Step 2.
Step 2. Restore apps from the created backup file
Note: If the app exists on your PC, it won't restore the app image to your PC. You'll need to uninstall the existing one and retry again with the next guidelines.
1. Copy and save the backup file to your target computer, and run EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
On the "Backup & Restore" section, click "Start" to continue, then select "Data Restore" as the transfer mode.
2. Click "Browse" to select the EaseUS Todo PCTrans image and click "Restore" to move on.
3. On the Application section, click "Edit" to bring up the application list (that you've backed up in Step 1).
4. Tick programs and applications that you want to restore from the image file and click "Finish" to confirm.
5. Click "Restore" to finish the restoring process and you can restart PC to keep all the changes on your PC.
Transfer Software/Applications to the New Computer with Windows 10/11 Directly
Using the direct transfer, we need to keep our PCs in the same LAN network, and it doesn't support to move the software to the new OS on the same PC.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your source and target computers, connect both PCs via the internet.
1. At the "PC to PC" section, click "PC to PC" to continue.
2. Select your target computer via its device name, then enter its account password or verification code and select the transfer direction. Then click "Connect" to continue.
You can check the verification code on the right top of "PC to PC" mainscreen on the target computer.
Step 2. Select the categories Applications, Files, and Accounts to transfer via the internet.
If you want to transfer data selectively, click "Edit" under each category, and choose the specific items.
Step 3. Click "Transfer" to start transferring your apps/files/accounts from one computer to another computer via the Internet.
According to different situations, users could choose the appropriate way to transfer data, files, and applications to Windows 10/11. Please backup your crucial data before upgrading the operating system or replacing PC.
The video tutorial of transferring files, software to Windows 10/11
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.