Page Table of Contents
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Part1. TransferMicrosoft Office to USB||Step 1. Connect the external device and select the transfer mode; Step 2. Select Microsoft Office...Full steps|
|Part 2. Transfer Microsoft Office to Another Computer||Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select the transfer mode; Step 2. Choose the transfer direction...Full steps|
Can I Copy Microsoft Word to a Flash Drive
"Can I copy Microsoft Office 2010 from my laptop to a USB key? Is this possible? And if this is possible could someone please give me a step by step as to what this entails."
Yes, you can. If you want to copy Microsoft Office to USB and run Office applications from the USB, you can. As you know, a manual copy doesn't work. Only the professional PC transfer software can make it.
All You Need - Microsoft Office Transfer Software
Is there any other way to copy and install apps to USB directly? Yes, there is Windows easy transfer software that can intelligently help make a complete transfer of everything demanded to run Microsoft Word without reinstalling on another computer!
It's EaseUS Todo PCTrans that comes in handy when you want to transfer installed programs from one hard drive to another, from one computer to another, from Windows 7 to Windows 11/10, and so on. It supports the transfer of most popular applications like MS Office, QuickBooks, Adobe programs, Steam, etc.
- EaseUS Todo PCTrans -
Your Smart Windows 11 File Transfer
- Transfer Files, Apps, Settings from Old OS to New Windows 11
- 1-Click Product Key Finder for Windows, Office, Adobe apps.
- C Drive Cleaner & Windows 11 Performance Optimizer.
- Rescue Data When Windows 11 Corrupts or Dies.
The App Migration only supports the use of programs in the original computer. If you want to transfer the program to the USB to free up disk space and achieve better disk performance, EaseUS Todo PCTrans can make it. Follow the steps below to move MS programs to a USB flash drive.
Step 1. Connect the external device and select the transfer mode.
- Connect your external storage device (external hard drive, USB, SD card, and more) to your PC.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and go to "App Migration" > "Start".
Step 2. Select Microsoft Office and set the storage path.
- Select the drive where you have installed Microsoft Office on and select Microsoft Office.
- Click "triangle icon" and choose to transfer the application to your external storage device.
- Click "Transfer" to start transferring Microsoft Office to an external storage medium.
Step 3. Wait for the transfer process to finish.
- Wait patiently for the process to complete.
- Click "OK" when it has done.
There is a better way of transferring Microsoft Office to another computer without the flash drive. You can directly transfer your Word, Excel programs to a laptop or computer. Follow the steps below to transfer Microsoft Office to another computer.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select the transfer mode.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both of your computers.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and choose "PC to PC" on one of the computers.
Step 2. Choose the transfer direction.
"Old" - Move Office from current old computer to another new one.
"New" - Transfer Office from old device to current new device.
Step 3. Connect the source PC and the target PC.
- Choose one method to connect the current PC to the target PC: enter the target computer's account password or its verification code. You can click and check the verification code on the right top of the "PC to PC" mainscreen on the target computer.
- Choose the transfer direction and click "Connect".
Step 4. Select Office to transfer.
- Hover on "Applications" and choose Microsoft Office and click "Transfer".
- Wait for the transfer process to finish and then click "OK".
Step 5. Save the product key to activate Microsoft Office.
- Back to the interface to click "Product Key".
- In the list, click "Copy" to save the activation key.
Extra Information - What Else You Should Know
Can I copy Microsoft Word to a flash drive to install on another laptop? No. If you copy Microsoft Word to a flash drive with copying the program directory, then install on another computer is not work.
I guess that many people are considering transferring the Microsoft Office program as successfully as they move files. However, You can hardly copy every component included in the Microsoft Office program manually. Besides, Microsoft Office isn't a portable program that it can not run well on another PC by copying the set files.
Only the two methods mentioned above can work well in moving Microsoft to a USB flash drive and PC.
About the Author
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Written by Jean
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More