Page Table of Contents
Is it possible to copy Kodi setup from one PC to another?
"Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with copying a whole Kodi setup from one PC to another. I've spent hours getting it right on one, and I don't feel like doing it again."
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Download Kodi Transfer Tool to Back Up/Transfer Kodi with Addons and Settings||Download EaseUS Todo PCTrans > Choose transfer mode > Create backup...Full steps|
|Fix 2. How to Manually Transfer Kodi Setup and Settings from PC to PC||Go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming...Full steps|
Under many circumstances, especially when we upgrade a Kodi device, we need to copy Kodi setup along with its add-ons and settings to the new place. How are you going to make it happen?
In general, experienced Kodi users would suggest a free way to manually copy and paste the Kodi setup folder from one PC to another PC, and then install it on your Kodi device.
Step 1. On the PC you have Kodi installed, go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming.
Step 2. Now, use a removable USB flash drive to save the folder called "Kodi" within the path.
Step 3. On the new PC, go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming. Paste the "Kodi" folder you saved on the USB flash drive and let the new folder overwrite the earlier same folder if you got one.
By following the guide carefully, you ought to be able to load Kodi on the new PC and without losing the previous configuration and all add-ons.
The Kodi transfer method we provided above seems to be simple, and everyone can handle it. However, there are many failure cases, either. To tell the truth, if you're thinking about transferring Kodi with all configurations from one Kodi device to another, undoubtedly an easy Kodi transfer tool is preferred.
With EaseUS Todo PCTrans, users can achieve two goals.
- Back up Kodi setup, add-ons, and settings and restore whenever you accidentally cleared data on Kodi or in case of Kodi device corruption.
- Transfer/move/migrate Kodi application from one PC to another PC, or a USB flash drive and a memory card, etc.
It's a Windows easy transfer tool, thus to utilize the software to back up or transfer Kodi application across, you have to install it on both Windows PCs.
Following is the detailed guide on how to use EaseUS Todo PCTrans to create a backup file of Kodi, the file of which contains everything you added to the app.
Step 1. Create a backup image of installed apps
1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on your PC and go to "Backup & Restore", click "Start" to continue.
2. Select "Data Backup" on the Backup Method window and click "Next" to continue.
3. Click "Browse" to set a target location for saving the backup file.
4. On the "Application" section, select applications that you want to back up.
5. Last, click "Back up" to start creating the backup image of selected applications. When the process to completes, continue with Step 2.
Step 2. Restore apps from the created backup file
Note: If the app exists on your PC, it won't restore the app image to your PC. You'll need to uninstall the existing one and retry again with the next guidelines.
1. Copy and save the backup file to your target computer, and run EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
On the "Backup & Restore" section, click "Start" to continue, then select "Data Restore" as the transfer mode.
2. Click "Browse" to select the EaseUS Todo PCTrans image and click "Restore" to move on.
3. On the Application section, tick programs and applications that you want to restore from the image file and click "Restore".
EaseUS Todo PCTrans also enables you to transfer Kodi data from PC to PC Directly with the "PC to PC" transfer mode.
About the Author
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More