Move Games to Another Drive/PC
- 01 Guide 1: How to Move Games to Another Drive
- 02 Guide 2: How to Move Games to SSD
- 03 Guide 3: Move Games from C Drive to D Drive
- 04 Guide 4: Transfer and Play Windows 10 Games on Windows 11
- 05 Guide 5: Transfer Games to a New (Gaming) Computer
- 06 Bonus Tip 1: Copy Games from PC to USB
- 07 Bonus Tip 2: Move Steam Games to New Drive
- 08 Bonus Tip 3: Transfer Playstation Games to External Hard Drive
- 09 Bonus Tip 4: Move Blizzard Games to Another Drive or PC
- 10 Bonus Tip 5: Move Riot Games to Another Drive or PC
- 11 Bonus Tip 6: Move Epic Games to Another Drive or PC
- 12 Bonus Tip 7: Move Origin Games to Another Drive/PC
USB flash drives are ideal for moving files from one device to the next. They can also help you free up disk space on your PC. If you're a die-hard gamer, your computer's hard drive may be full of game files. You can install some games that you don't play very often onto a flash drive if you buy one with enough memory.
You can just insert the Pendrive into a USB socket and transfer the games back to the computer when you're ready to play them. But first, you should know how to copy games from PC to USB.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Copy Games from PC to USB/Pen Drive||Method 1. Copy Games from PC to USB with PC Data Transfer Software; Method 2. Copy Games to USB Flash Drive by Copy-and-Paste...Full steps|
|Transfer Games from One PC to Another||Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs...Full steps|
How To Copy Games from PC to USB/Pen Drive in Two Ways
Is it possible to transfer games to a USB drive? Yes. You can put a majority of games on a USB flash drive and run directly from it. The method is straightforward and requires fundamental knowledge of working a computer. If you want to understand how to copy games from PC to USB, read the article further to know more!
Method 1. Copy Games from PC to USB with Free PC Data Transfer Software in 1-Click
Are you looking to transfer games to an external hard drive? EaseUS Todo PCtrans Free lets you easily migrate apps and PC games to external hard disks and free up space to resolve low disk space problems.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans
- Transfer to a new PC: Steam, Origin, LOL, Blizzard.
- Transfer to a new drive: DIABLO, WORLD OF WARCRAFT,
OVERWATCH, HEARTHSTONE, HEROES OF THE STORM, etc.
- 3 steps to migrate games apps to a new pc or a new drive.
Find all extraordinary features for a seamless transfer. Moving games to an external hard drive are simple with a PC game mover – EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free. You can use this professional software to change the location where the program is installed, such as transfer programs from C drive to D drive. This PC game mover utility will ultimately answer the problem of how to transfer games to an external hard disk.
This software can be downloaded and launched straight to assist you in moving games or apps from a PC to an external hard disk.
Step 1. Connect an empty USB drive to your PC and run EaeUS Todo PCTrans
Click "App Migration" on the main screen, and click "Start" to continue.
Step 2. Select applications, programs, and software to transfer
First, select the source partition where you installed apps and tick the programs marked as "Yes" that you'd like to move to your USB drive.
Next, click the triangle icon to choose the USB as your target location to move the selected programs without reinstallation.
Step 3. Transfer and move selected apps, programs, and software to USB
Click "Transfer" to start the transferring process and wait for the process to finish.
Note: 1. After the transferring, restart the PC if necessary. Then you can run the transferred programs on your USB drive without reinstallation.
2. You can only run and launch transferred programs from the USB on your source PC. It won't work on other computers.
Method 2. Copy Games to USB Flash Drive by Copy-and-Paste
Step 1. Insert the flash drive into a computer's open USB port. In the AutoPlay pop-up Window, select "Open folder to view files".
Step 2. Go to the game files you wish to transfer to the flash drive and select them. While choosing the remaining files, click and hold the “Ctrl” button on one of the files.
Step 3. Hold the mouse button down while dragging the selected game files to the flash drive folder by clicking on one of the highlighted files.
Allow for complete file transfer before closing the flash drive folder. In the system tray at the bottom of the screen, click on the "Safely remove hardware" icon. Before removing the flash drive from the USB slot, please select it and wait for the system to notify you that it is safe to do so.
Even if the procedure works, you won't copy some secret files to the destination, causing your games to crash. So why not try the tried-and-true method of copying and transferring games from a computer to an USb or external hard drive? It is recommended to use EaseUS Todo PCTrans for flawless game sharing.
How to Transfer Games from One PC to Another Without Redownloading
In addition to migrating applications from PC to USB/external hard drive, you can also use EaseUS PC data transfer software to transfer games from one PC to another. No need to re-download and re-install the game again. This tool seamlessly transfers all your info between two laptops or PCs.
- Securely transport everything: You can transfer software, data, settings, and even user profiles from an old PC to a new one using this free tool.
- Automatically and quickly: All your apps are installed and ready to use when you first turn on your new PC. It shows you how to load your new computer in the easiest way possible.
- Programs do not need to be reinstalled: Users can send data immediately without installing software, which can help you work more efficiently.
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
On the source PC, select "PC to PC" on the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans and move on.
Step 2. Choose transfer direction - Old or New Computer
"New" - Transfer all data from remote old computer to current new computer.
"Old" - Transfer all data from current old device to a new computer.
Step 3. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
Step 4. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. You can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
Directly copying the game sounds simple, but you have no way of knowing if it will function or not. Using third-party software is still a viable option.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is a simple PC migration tool that allows you to transfer data, programs, and accounts from one computer to another or an external device. This transfer tool moves all of your desired games or data in just one click.
Was This Page Helpful?
Updated by Tracy King
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and loves various electronic products.
Simple & Quick | Share Files Between Computers on Different Networks
Brithny/Feb 22, 2023
Guide on How to Transfer HP Smart from Windows 10 to Windows 11
Tracy King/Feb 22, 2023
Safely Transfer Programs from C Drive to D Drive in Windows 10/11
Tracy King/Feb 22, 2023
Fix 'Unable to Uninstall Program' in Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
Tracy King/Feb 22, 2023