Partition Recovery Overview
When you encounter the error that a partition is lost, often your first reaction is how did it happen? There are a few factors that could cause missing partitions, including accidental deletion, virus attack, wrong ghost, sudden power outage, data corruption, bad sectors, and so on. In these cases, you should immediately restore lost/deleted partitions and data altogether with a certain professional partition recovery software.
Why do you need to restore the partition as soon as possible?
When a partition is deleted, the Windows system removes its assignment for that location on the hard drive, allowing users to overwrite that section of memory. But as long as that section of the disk remains unused, you still have the opportunity to restore the partition using a recovery tool. So, the faster you move, the more likely your partitions will be recovered.
Then, how to recover lost partitions with ease? Use the following seven best partition recovery utilities to help you out.
- EaseUS Partition Master
- Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery
- Acronis Recovery Expert wizard
- Active@ Partition Recovery
- DiskInternals Partition Recovery
- Partition Find & Mount
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
1. EaseUS Partition Master
EaseUS Partition Master makes it effortless to partition hard drives and take full advantage of your disk space to optimize your computer performance. For partition recovery, it can 1uickly recover deleted or lost partitions by scanning the whole disk or unallocated space. And the files saved on it will be restored at the same time.
Except for the outstanding partition recovery functions, other mature disk management features are listed below.
- Resize, move, merge, create, format, delete, and copy partitions
- Migrate OS to SSD to speed up Windows
- Convert MBR and GPT mutually, convert file system from FAT32 to NTFS, and convert basic to dynamic disk or in the vice versa
- Create WinPE bootable disk to resize partitions, extend C drive, rebuild MBR, and more
- Easily optimize disk partitions by cleaning large and junk files
- Support Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/XP
Now, follow the steps below to recover lost or deleted partitions with this ultimate partition management software.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Partition Master and click "Partition Recovery". Select the target disk with your lost partition and click "New Scan".
Step 2. Wait patiently to let the software execute "Quick Scan" and "Full Scan" operation. It will mark your deleted partition as "lost" as the Status section. Select the lost partition, and click "Recover".
You can also double click on the partition you're looking for to preview its content and click "OK" to confirm.
Step 3. Wait patiently and click "Done" when the partition recovery process completes.
#EaseUS Partition Recovery#Partition Recovery Software#Partition Manager#Windows
2. Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery
Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery enables you to recover partitions that were lost due to virus attack, system malfunction, disk failure, or sabotage. The partition recovery and data recovery features are integrated into one utility. You can also use this tool to recover audio, video, image, document, email, and archive files.
- Scan for all partitions that are deleted, formatted, or inaccessible
- Provide an option to create an image file of partitions for recovery
- Recover data from Hard drives, SD cards, CDs/DVDs, and USB drives
- Offer graphic user interface to easy usage
#Stellar Partition Recovery#Partition Recovery Software#Windows
3. Acronis Recovery Expert Wizard
If you get an error message that a partition is missing, you can use the Acronis Recovery Expert wizard for partition recovery. This easy-to-use recovery tool is included in the bootable version of Acronis Disk Director. You can boot the recovery tool from either a USB or an external disk (i.e. DVD, CD or Blu-ray) will keep you from accidentally overwriting the section of the hard drive where your partition data is stored.
- Recover your partition either automatically or manually
- Keep you from accidentally overwriting the section of the hard drive where your partition data is stored
- The automatic mode is quick and easy to find and recover all the deleted partitions on a basic disk
- The manual recovery mode ensures you more control over the recovery, letting you specify the search method, disks to search, and volumes to recover
#Acronis Partition Recovery#Partition Recovery Software#Windows
4. Active@ Partition Recovery
Active@ Partition Recovery is a freeware that helps you to recover deleted and damaged logical drives and partitions within Windows, WinPE (recovery boot disk) & Linux (recovery LiveCD) environments.
- Restores lost partitions & disks back to working state
- Provide two scan modes: QuickScan and SuperScan for detecting deleted, re-formatted & damaged partitions
- Offer LastChance option for severely damaged file systems on volumes
- Fixes damaged Partition Table, MBR (Master Boot Record) and GPT
- Restores all data from raw, compressed and VMWare Disk Images
- Supports Windows 10, 7 & 8, XP & Vista, 2003 & 2008 & 2012 Servers, WinPE
- Recovers FAT/exFAT/NTFS/HFS+/UFS/Ext2/Ext3/Ext4/BtrFS/XFS file systems
#Active Partition Recovery#Partition Recovery Software#Windows
5. DiskInternals Partition Recovery
DiskInternals Partition Recovery is a reliable tool for recovering some data or lost partitions. It’s easy to use, whether you are ordinary users or professionals, you can use it to recover any data from a hard drive or its deleted partitions. If your partitions are lost because of accidental deletion, bad sectors, damage to the partition table by a virus or other malware, or power outages, you can use this partition recovery software to get back drives.
- Work on different kinds of storage media, such as HDD, SSD, flash drive, external hard drive, memory cards, IDE disk, SATA disk, SCSI disk, etc.
- Have three disk recovery wizard scanning modes: Fast scanning (Uneraser), Full scanning (Full recovery), and Reader mode
- Support RAW partition recovery
- Allow for creating a disk image
6. Partition Find & Mount
Partition Find & Mount works differently in recovering deleted or lost partition recovery. It works in the most convenient way possible - by locating and mounting partitions into the system, thus making those lost partitions available to you like any generic disk volume. Even in severe cases, that the Boot Record (including the Master Boot Record) is missing, damaged or overwritten, the Partition Find & Mount will also work.
- Have user-friendly GUI so you do not need special knowledge to use the software
- Free for personal use. Use it as much as you like
- 3 modes for complete partition search
- Non-standard disk layouts are supported
- All versions of NTFS and FAT are supported
- Allow users to create and mount images
#Partition Find#Recovery Lost Partition#Windows
7. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a great data recovery program that allows you to recover photos, videos, audio, documents, emails, and other files from lost partition. In addition to lost partition recovery, EaseUS data recovery software is also capable of restoring lost data due to accidental deletion, hard drive formatting, virus attack, system crash, OS re-installation/upgrade, etc.
Note: The difference between EaseUS Partition Master and EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is that the former can recover lost partitions and data on the partitions, while the latter can only recover files on lost partitions.
- Recover data from lost partition in NTFS, FAT 32/16, exFAT, NTFS5, ext2/ext3, HFS, and ReFS
- Recover photos, audio, music, and emails from deleted partition effectively, safely and completely
- Recover data from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorder
- Repair corrupted JPEG/JPG files or damaged videos during the recovery
#EaseUS Partition Data Recovery#Data Recovery#Windows
These are the top 7 best partition recovery software for Windows 10/8/7. You can choose between either of them based on your actual needs. Our recommendation will be the EaseUS Partition Master first. Finally, don't forget to use EaseUS data recovery software to help you restore lost files, even permanently deleted data.
People Also Ask
1. How do I recover a lost partition?
You can choose a reliable partition recovery tool from the above seven utilities. EaseUS Partition Master and Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery are both great choices.
2. Which is the best software to recover deleted files?
As for the best software to recover deleted files, you can't miss EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This file recovery software can completely recover lost data after deleting, formatting, partition loss, OS crash, virus attack, and other data loss scenarios.
How Can We Help You
About the Author
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
Cedric Grantham is a senior editor and data recovery specialist of EaseUS. He mainly writes articles and how-to tips about data recovery on PC and Mac. He has handled 10,000+ data recovery cases and is good at data recovery of NTFS, FAT (FAT32 and ExFAT) file systems, and RAID structure reorganization.
I love that the changes you make with EaseUS Partition Master Free aren't immediately applied to the disks. It makes it way easier to play out what will happen after you've made all the changes. I also think the overall look and feel of EaseUS Partition Master Free makes whatever you're doing with your computer's partitions easy. Read More
Partition Master Free can Resize, Move, Merge, Migrate, and Copy disks or partitions; convert to local, change label, defragment, check and explore partition; and much more. A premium upgrade adds free tech support and the ability to resize dynamic volumes. Read More
It won't hot image your drives or align them, but since it's coupled with a partition manager, it allows you do perform many tasks at once, instead of just cloning drives. You can move partitions around, resize them, defragment, and more, along with the other tools you'd expect from a cloning tool. Read More