Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
In this article, you'll learn:
Mac mini Hard Drive Data Recovery Overview
Mac mini is a mini desktop computer that can be very convenient to carry out. If you have a Mac mini, you can use macOS with any display at any time. The more times you take the Mac mini out, the greater the chance of data loss will be. You may encounter the kinds of issues we mention below and need to recover data from Mac mini hard drive:
- ✋Physical damage. Accidental falls and water sprinkling can easily cause irretrievable data loss.
- 🗑️Accidental deletion. You will lose data if you accidentally delete the files you are not planning to remove.
- 💽Hard drive corruption. When you encounter Mac mini hard drive corruption, you may be unable to write data on it and lose some important files.
- 🖥️Software failure. Software may quit or crash suddenly, and you don't have time to save the work.
- ❌Transmission interruption. You will lose data if you shut down the Mac mini while the files are copying or saving.
When you delete files on Mac mini, the data are not erased and it only marks as unavailable. Recovering data from Mac mini hard drive with data recovery products or recent backups are possible. To mark all the methods, you can click the following button to share this page on social media.
Don't worry too much about losing important documents, photos, or videos on Mac mini hard drive! EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac can help you retrieve lost data.
You don't need professional data recovery experience to operate this software; this tool is designed to be very simple and easy to operate. With this software, you can easily recover deleted files from Mac mini HDD or SSD.
- Recover data from Mac mini in different situations, and you can retrieve data even after factory resetting Mac mini.
- Recover data from unbootable Mac. It can create bootable media to help you recover data from an unbootable Mac mini.
- Recover deleted files on macOS Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, and other macOS versions.
No matter what files you want to recover from Mac mini hard drive, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac can help. Are you wondering how to find a step-by-step tutorial to use this software? Keep reading, and you will find the tutorial you want:
Step 1. Search for lost files
Select the disk location to search for lost files (it can be an internal HDD/SSD or an external hard drive) where you lost data and files. Click the "Search for lost files" button.
Note: Before data recovery, you'd better click "Disk Backup" from the left sidebar to create a backup of your HDD/SSD to avoid further data loss. After backing up, the software can recover data from your disk backup, and you can use the HDD or SSD again.
Step 2. Go through the scanning results
This software will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display pictures, documents, audio, videos, and emails on the left pane.
Step 3. Select the file(s) and recover
Click the data to preview, and click the "Recover" button to have them back.
Some users may habitually back up a Mac mini HDD or SSD to a USB flash drive or external hard drive. Data loss is hard to get you when you back up data frequently. We will teach you how to restore data from a Mac mini with Time Machine backup and iCloud backup.
How to Restore Mac mini with Time Machine
Mac Time Machine can automatically back up target files once enabled. It is not difficult to restore Mac mini if you have Time Machine backups:
Step 1. Connect the backup external hard drive to the Mac mini, and launch Time Machine.
Step 2. Time Machine will show the exact time of the backup files, and you can click the arrow to select other backups.
Step 3. You can see many folders from the sidebar. You can select the Pictures folder to find target photos if you lost pictures.
Step 4. Select all the wanted items and click "Restore". If you don't want to recover files, choose "Cancel" instead.
If the Time Machine icon grey out, you can find available solutions in the following article:
Time Machine Restore Button Greyed Out
You may find the time machine restore button greyed out occasionally, just the same as the above user experience, which may be caused by the following issues. Read more >>
How to Recover Data from Mac mini with iCloud
There is another utility that can back up your Mac mini automatically, Apple iCloud. Like Time Machine, you need to enable iCloud backup in advance and make sure you have enough iCloud storage space.
Step 1. You can not only restore Mac mini with iCloud, but all the Apple devices enabled iCloud can also be recovered.
Step 2. Visit the iCloud official website with a web browser, and sign in with your Apple ID & password.
Step 3. Open iCloud settings and scroll down to locate the advanced settings.
Step 4. Click on "Restore Files".
Step 5. Select the files you want to recover and click "Done".
Recover Deleted Photos from iCloud on Mac
To be able to recover deleted photos on Mac from iCloud, you'll need to enable the iCloud service on your macOS device in advance. Read more >>
When you cannot recover data from Mac mini hard drive by yourself, you need to seek advanced solutions. EaseUS data recovery services can offer professional help with data loss. We can offer help in spite of the Mac hard drive recovery. When you encounter tricky hard drive or OS issues, our engineer can solve the problem and keep your data safe.
This recovery service is not free, but you can recover data from Mac mini HDD/SSD at an affordable price. Contact our colleague and recover your data!
EaseUS Mac mini Recovery ServicesClick here to contact our experts for a free evaluation
Consult with EaseUS data recovery experts for one-on-one manual recovery service. We could offer the following services after a FREE diagnosis
- Repair corrupted RAID structure, unbootable Windows OS, and corrupted virtual disk file
- Recover/repair lost partition and re-partitioned drive
- Unformat the hard drive and repair the RAW drive (Bitlocker encrypted drive)
- Fix disks that become GPT-protected partitions
Once you have been trapped with data loss, you'll never want to go through this again. We have some workable tips to prevent future data loss on Mac mini, and you can refer to them:
- 📑Keep regular backups on external hard drives or the cloud.
- 👿Run antivirus software frequently to clean up viruses.
- ❌Do not download unsafe third-party software on Mac mini.
- 📈Use Mac Software Update to keep your Mac mini up to date.
- 😢Avoid human errors like accidental deletion, and think twice when you are removing files.
If you think this passage is useful and the methods are workable, please share this page on your social media.
Have you recovered data from Mac mini hard drive? With our three methods, you can quickly get back important images, videos, audio, documents, and emails. The first method will be the most cost-effective method when you have no useful backups.
So, download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac today to experience an easy recovery!
Mac mini Hard Drive Data Recovery FAQs
Do you want to know more about data recovery on Mac devices? You will learn more in this section:
1. How can data be transferred from a broken Mac mini to a new one?
You can transfer data from a broken Mac to a new Mac in five ways:
- 1. With recent backups.
- 2. Using macOS Migration Assistant.
- 3. Using Target Disk Mode.
- 4. Using Sharing Mode.
- 5. Use data recovery software.
2. Can my Mac mini run macOS 14 or not?
macOS 14 can be run on most Macs. Mac mini models from 2018 or later can use macOS 14. If you are using a Mac that does not support the newest macOS version, you can install it by creating a bootable media.
3. How to avoid data loss on a Mac mini?
You can prevent data loss on Mac mini in many ways:
- 1. Keep regular backups
- 2. Run antivirus software frequently.
- 3. Do not download unsafe third-party software.
- 4. Keep your Mac mini up to date.
- 5. Avoid human errors.
4. Is it possible to recover data from my Mac mini SSD?
Of course, you can recover data from Mac mini SSD. You can check recent backups on your backup disk or launch Time Machine to restore lost files. You can also go to the iCloud website to restore files. No backups available? You should try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac instead.
Was This Page Helpful?
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More
Cedric/Aug 22, 2023
Jean/Aug 22, 2023
Tracy King/Aug 22, 2023
Dany/Sep 04, 2023