Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Is it possible to recover deleted partitions on the new version of macOS Ventura? Can data recovery software access files on the section that has been damaged, destroyed, or gone missing? How can I retrieve my lost files using a Mac partition recovery software?
If you're a Mac user and experience data loss on one of the partitions, you may require a way to recover it. You can read this post to discover simple methods for recovering deleted partitions for macOS Ventura/Monterey/Big Sur.
Mac partitions or volumes are designed to serve the same purposes as Windows partitions, including serving as a database for users to store and maintain data on their machines. Due to some common causes, such as hard drive failure, erratic system shutdown, virus attacks, power surges, corrupt software, corrupt file systems, or other errors, Mac computers may experience the same problem as Windows computers about these partitions becoming lost, deleted, formatted, or immoral.
Knowing the different partition kinds is crucial since you can choose the required format when you partition your Mac's hard disk. Mac partitions come in three different flavors:
- APFS (Apple File System). The default file system for Macs runs on macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. Compared to HFS+, it delivers faster speeds, more robust encryption, and better data handling. It is an excellent choice for SSDs and Macs with more recent macOS versions.
- HFS+ (Hierarchical File System). HFS+ is prior to APFS. The older macOS versions use this file system (macOS 10.12 or earlier). If you wish to, you can still utilize it. When you have an older Mac that doesn't support APFS and a new Mac, it's a fantastic alternative for cross-compatibility or older Macs. But aside from that, using APFS is advised because it has many valuable features.
- MS-DOS (FAT) and exFAT. Microsoft created these two file systems, and macOS supports them to be compatible with external storage devices with Windows file systems.
When you launch Terminal to manage the hard drive, you may accidentally delete your partition on Mac. Thus, your macOS wouldn't be able to distinguish between one section and another, and you wouldn't be able to access your files. Frequently, the partition table becomes broken or corrupted, although the physical partitions are still fully functional.
In these circumstances, restoring the deleted partitions and all the data they contain is typically possible. It's still worthwhile to recover at least the most crucial files when total partition recovery isn't possible. This may be done with both premium and free partition recovery software options for Mac.
- Solution 1: Recover with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
- Solution 2: Recover Lost Partitions Using TestDisk
- Solution 3: Recover Deleted Partitions with Data Recovery Service
- Solution 4: Repair Corrupted Partition with Disk Utility
- The following steps should be taken before beginning Mac partition recovery:
Don't re-partition or reformat the HDD.
Never make any changes to the drive that contains the missing partitions.
Do not attempt to build partitions again.
Run no disk utilities or defragmentation programs.
Utilizing robust partition recovery software is greatly helpful in recovering your vital data! Because lost partitions on Mac do not offer direct access or data restoration. Fortunately, third-party applications are available to simplify this work without reconstructing the partition and facing the risk of losing more data.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is compatible with many file systems for partition recovery. For instance, data recovery for APFS drives and the retrieval of HFS, HFS+, HFSX, and FAT files. The damage can be solved with its help. You may recover from lost or deleted partitions as well as many other data loss scenarios with the efficient data recovery solution. Furthermore, it can be quickly launched on your Mac systems and offers a friendly user experience.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
- Recover data from deleted or formatted partitions on a Mac, SSD, or HDD, for it supports various device types.
- Recover lost partitions on Mac to a PC or the original internal hard drive of the Mac in multiple file systems.
- Recover permanently deleted files, like files on the unmountable hard drive on Mac, even though you can't access the contents directly.
Now let's look at how to recover your lost or deleted Mac computer partition with data:
Step 1. Search for lost files
Select the disk location to search for lost files (it can be an internal HDD/SSD or a removable storage device) on macOS Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, and the latest Sonoma. Click the "Search for lost files" button.
Note: Before data recovery, you'd better click "Disk Backup" from the left sidebar to create a backup of your Mac to avoid further data loss. After backing up, the software can recover data from the Mac backup, and your computer can wirte new data again.
Step 2. Go through the scanning results
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display the scanning results.
Step 3. Select the file(s) and recover
In the scan results, select the file(s) to preview and click the "Recover" button to have them back.
TestDisk, a free data recovery program, is an additional option for Mac users who want to restore missing partitions. In the event of incorrect software effects, it can restore erased or lost partitions and restore non-booting drives to normal operation. But this program is not as user-friendly as one might anticipate and lacks a graphical interface.
In order to restore a partition on a Mac, adhere to these steps:
Step 1. Download TestDisk for your Mac. Only after you install Homebrew will you be able to perform it (a software package management system). Open Terminal on Mac, then paste the following command:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
Step 2. When prompted, press "Return" and enter your user password. Copy and paste this command: brew install testdisk to install TestDisk on your Mac once the Terminal indicates that the tool has been installed, then press Return.
Step 3. Use a terminal to run TestDisk. Enter this command to complete the action: sudo testdisk
Step 4. You will be presented with the option of creating a new log file or not. The first option is advised because it will allow you to view all the tasks that the tool is completing, but you are free to make your own decision.
Step 5. Select the partition table type and the device you want to scan. Afterward, select the Analyze function to analyze the current partition structure and search for lost partitions.
Step 6. You will get a list of all recoverable partitions after the scan is complete. In order to begin the Mac partition recovery process, once you've located the necessary one, pick it and press Return. Select Write to save the partition structure after that.
If the data recovery software failed to restore deleted partitions, you still have a good chance of retrieving the data by using a professional data recovery service.
EaseUS Data Recovery ServicesClick here to contact our experts for a free evaluation
Consult with EaseUS data recovery experts for one-on-one manual recovery service. We could offer the following services after a FREE diagnosis
- Repair corrupted RAID structure, unbootable Windows OS, and corrupted virtual disk file
- Recover/repair lost partition and re-partitioned drive
- Unformat hard drive and repair RAW drive (Bitlocker encrypted drive)
- Fix disks that become GPT-protected partitions
You can use tools installed on your Mac, such as Disk Utility if your Mac partition is damaged rather than lost or deleted. This technique can repair a lost partition on a Mac as opposed to aiding in its recovery.
To fix a corrupt Mac partition:
- Activate Disk Utility. Locate it under Finder - Applications - Utilities to do this.
- You can also just use the menu bar or the shortcut Command + Space to look for it in Spotlight.
- You'll first want to restart your Mac in macOS Recovery mode if the damaged partition is located on your startup disk.
- Select the damaged partition, then select First-Aid. If your partition has many volumes, you need first to use the same procedure to restore each volume separately.
- The partition should then be fixed as a whole after the volumes have been repaired.
- Confirm in the pop-up box, then adhere to the directions displayed there.
A partition could have been destroyed or lost for a variety of reasons. Some can be avoided, while others cannot. Let's examine a couple of the causes:
- Hardware-specific problems
- Virus or malware attacks
- A partitioning error on a hard disk
- Loss of power or unplanned system shutdown
- Incorrect use of a command
- Defective partition table
To resolve the partition loss issue, selecting and employing user-friendly partition software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is possible. To make a decision, consider the steps necessary, additional benefits, and overall usability.
Recover Deleted Partitions on Mac FAQs
After learning how to recover deleted Mac partitions in 4 ways. You may have more questions about it. See if you can find your answers here:
1. What can cause partition loss on Mac?
On a Mac, corrupted drives can result from improper formatting, the use of unreliable disk cleanup programs, viruses, unauthorized drive access, and erroneous command execution.
2. What happens when you delete a partition on Mac?
A partition's contents are completely deleted when it is deleted. Before you start, make sure to back up your data. Select a volume in the sidebar of the Disk Utility app on your Mac, and then click the Partition button in the toolbar.
3. What does a lost partition mean?
A partition table is created for the disk when it is partitioned, assisting the operating system in correctly identifying the disk. You won't be able to read or write data to this partition if this table is broken or lost; if that happens, the partition will be as well.
4. How do I find a hidden partition on my Mac?
The simplest way to access the Terminal is when logged into macOS. Enter diskutil list and press Return at the Terminal command line (Applications - Utilities - Terminal) to view a list of all partitions on all devices.
Was This Page Helpful?
Jaden is one of the editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on topics concerning PCs and Mac data recovery. Jaden is committed to enhancing professional IT knowledge and writing abilities. She is always keen on new and intelligent products.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More
Jean/Sep 22, 2023
Dany/Nov 28, 2023
Tracy King/Jan 04, 2024
Brithny/Nov 23, 2023