In the current times, PCs or laptops have become an essential requirement of our lives. Whether you're a business owner or a personal user, this technology has become a necessity for each of us. Be it any photo, music, video, important documents, account information, or other confidential data, we depend on this technology.
📖What are the best backup practices for small and mid-sized companies?
Regular Backup of Your Data Works as an Effective Strategy
Losing all your data due to a system crash or a hardware problem can be disturbing. Hence, to save yourself from this pain, it is essential to have some backup. Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive can be ideal solutions to protect your data. Or you can copy all of your data to an external drive. But is it safe enough to rely on a single backup solution? Won't manually transferring your files to an external drive be very time-consuming?
To save you from all the hassle, we have listed some best Windows backup software that can automatically set up different backups whenever you need to. But before naming any of those, you need to understand ''what is backup and recovery software?''
A backup software automatically makes a digital copy of your digital drive, documents, and folders and saves them in their remote servers online. Using reliable backup software can be very convenient as it can save your data from Hackers, Natural disasters, Viruses, and Ransomware.
📖Read also: 3-2-1 Backup Rule
10+ Windows Backup Software for Windows 10/11/8/7
So, we tried more than 20 different Windows Backup software to understand how they work and finally picked the 14 best ones. Below, we've described their features and all the information you need to know about them.
|⏳Time Duration||2 months|
|💻 Tested Devices||An HP laptop|
|💾Backup Sources||SSD, hard drive, videos, images, operating system, applications, emails, etc.|
|⌚Backup Speed||20MB/s - 500MB/s|
|🖨️Restore Speed||50MB/s - 500MB/s|
|🥇Most Recommended||EaseUS Todo Backup|
A Quick Guide to the Best Windows Backup Software
1) EaseUS Todo Backup
EaseUS Todo Backup is a user-friendly software that allows users to back up their important files or the entire system. This software has a well-organized interface suitable for home users, enabling them to back up their data with easy operation.
This software offers packages for businesses, service providers, and home users with an incremental backup for up to 16TB of data.
- Automatically updates as soon as a new version is available.
- Recovers data and provides Windows 11 files and system backup with just one click.
- Offers efficient mode that provides complete and secure backup.
- Automatically overwrites and deletes old backups
- A highly responsive interface
EaseUS Todo Backup now provides a cloud service plan for users to backup data to the cloud. How cool is that!
- This software offers a 30-day free trial.
- Supports both Windows and macOS
- It offers separate packages for home, business, and technician users.
In this article, we're going to define the basics of open-source backup software for Windows Server 2003. Then, we'll explore five such tools and a better alternative as well.
2) File History
Failre History is a built-in Windows backup software that creates system images to recover the entire system. You can transfer your files to another drive and restore them using this application. It is a simple software made for home users with an easy-to-use interface.
- File History creates system images.
- It provides backup to all your files and folders.
- It supports Windows 7 and 10.
- Automatically syncs your pictures, data, and essential documents.
- This Windows software doesn't support older Windows.
- It doesn't support cloud, network backup and other advanced features.
3) Backup and Restore
Backup and Restore is a Windows backup and restores software that can backup all your PC's data to save you from the loss of any file or document due to hard drive failure.
- It helps you create a system image
- It can take a snapshot of your entire system
- It lets you keep all your data in place without having to involve any third party.
- Needs investment for hardware and infrastructure
- It requires extra space and an IT room dedicated to it
4）Acronis True Image(Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office)
Acronis True Image software can detect and reverse any unauthorized encryption of your hard drive. This software offers all the features that are expected from reliable PC backup software. Along with this, it has the capability to precisely capture the data on your Windows.
- It offers 5TB of storage.
- The premium package provides electronic signatures.
- It provides office 365 backup.
- It provides its users with full system image backup.
- It provides anti-ransomware protection.
- This software offers scripts and guides on how to uninstall completely.
- It's a cross-platform that works with all software
- It takes extra time to boot.
- The interface is rather confusing at first although simple but needs exploration to figure out further.
DriveImage XML is a reliable and straightforward software that lets you backup logical drives and partitions. This software enables you to backup all your images without having to reboot your device. It offers two versions; paid one for commercial use and free for home users.
- This software provides compressed images.
- DriveImage XML lets you view and extract your image files.
- It lets you copy your data from drive to drive
- It lets you view your files in an XML version
- Automatically schedules your backup.
- This software lets you view your content even if it is not restored yet.
- Its simple interface doesn't let you put in a lot of effort.
- It doesn't provide backup for MBR
- It is not open-source software.
Cobian Backup software allows remote backup systems by providing network backup. This software tool offers a host of different features. Also, it can back up your files in other locations. This software is best suitable for meeting the needs of businesses as well as home users.
- It protects the user's data with strong encryption.
- It provides multiple backups at different locations.
- It provides differential backups as per users' needs.
- It supports FTP backup.
- Backups systems and files on Windows and macOS for free.
- It provides incremental backup.
- It does not offer customer support services.
Macrium Reflect is a reliable and efficient backup software for your Windows PC. This software not only backups our confidential data but also provides help in disk cloning and imaging. This software safely secures our data in a backup file that can quickly be recovered in case of any loss.
- This software has a beginner accessible interface, making it easy to understand even by those users who haven't used any backup software before.
- Macrium Reflect provides its users with a progressive backup.
- Restores all your data flawlessly, without creating a problem.
- Allows direct booting of the domain using the recovery boot menu
- Capable of scheduling your backup.
- It lacks features in free mode
- The interface is a little bit complicated for a newbie
Macrium Reflect is an open-source backup software created for disk imaging, disk partition cloning tasks, and data recovery. Clonezilla allows its users to multicast restoring at the rate of 8.5GB per minute. Clonezilla provides efficient cloning by saving and restoring only the used chunks in hard disks.
- UEFI or BIOS machine bootable
- It Provides system support to multi-files.
- Provides single image restore
- Restores and saves the whole disk/partition.
- Unattended mode
- This software can be accessed through a variety of website resources. Users can easily download it.
- This software consistently improves with the latest updates and regular fixes.
- This software only supports web-based devices.
9）Paragon Backup and Recovery
Paragon Backup and Recovery software has simplified complex backup solutions by offering flexible options. This software creates a partial and complete backup of systems and files. This software is very useful for creating bootable ISO and USB drives. Using this software, users can quickly fix boot problems, rescue files, and perform restoration.
- Paragon Backup and recovery software can easily copy disks.
- This software can create a recovery disk.
- It doesn't use any background services resulting in quick backups.
- Partition disks, volumes are available.
- Provides a USB recovery data
- Very affordable in cost
- It has a very user-friendly interface; not much knowledge is needed to operate and get started.
- It doesn't provide any bundled cloud storage
📖You may be interested in a comparison between local backup and cloud backup.
Iperius Backup is a great backup software to use with simple and reliable data protection. This powerful backup software can run multiple and parallel backups with detailed reports. This software can be installed as a Windows service without any license expiration or limitation.
- Can copy files and folders to any mass storage device.
- Can create whole disk image without any interruption
- Allows you to compress and encrypt any backup file
- It lets you copy your backup files to any destination.
- It provides incremental backup to RDX, network, disk, USB, and NAS.
- Provides ransomware protection to encrypted files
- This software provides support only to Windows OS.
Backblaze is a robust and scalable cloud storage and data backup solution provided by Backblaze.Inc. It allows users to back up computer data continuously and automatically with advanced backup features. Its backup features for encryption, which can protect your data well. Equipped with five data centers, you can confidently put backups in it.
- Backup Encryption
- Backup Mac or PC
- Store data securely in the cloud
- Unlimited storage
- Quick upload speed
- Continuously technology development
- Lack of folder syncing feature
- Single license for only one device
- Backup speed is a little slow
12) Comodo Backup
Comodo Backup is another complete and easy-to-use data backup and recovery solution. It has a number of features and capabilities that safeguard the security of your critical files, documents, and system settings. Comodo Backup enables you to preserve your essential information and recover it quickly in the case of data loss or system failure by offering the piece of mind that comes with having a trustworthy backup solution.
- Backup files, folders
- Scheduled backup option
- Online backup & local backup
- Backup files to external hard drives
- Provide free cloud storage
- Scheduled backup plan
- Malware scanning and protection
- Compatible with various file formats
- Free cloud storage is only a trial
- UI isn't so user-friendly
- Not suitable for beginners
CrashPlan is a powerful and dependable cloud-based backup solution designed to protect your critical files and data. It provides a seamless and automated backup process, guaranteeing that your important data is securely saved in the cloud and instantly recoverable when needed. CrashPlan offers flexible options to meet your specific backup needs, whether you're an individual, small business, or corporation.
- Incremental backup
- Files and folders backup
- Quick upload speed
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Real-time backup
- No data limit
- Simple installation and deployment
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS
- No customer support available at anytime
- No system image backup and restore
FBackup is a simple and effective backup software that may help you protect your important files and data. FBackup's user-friendly interface and simple setup process make it simple to create backups of your crucial documents, images, movies, and other information. FBackup provides a variety of backup choices, including external hard drives, network locations, and cloud storage services. You may set up regular backups with its automated scheduling feature to ensure that your files are constantly safe without any fuss.
- Encrypted backup & compressed backup
- Create a backup for the entire computer
- Backup data to cloud, including Dropbox and Google Drive
- Easy to backup and restore files
- Free for both personal and business use
- Advanced backup options are only available on the paid version
- Lack of incremental and differential backup
Backing up your PC should be your priority, ensuring that your necessary data is saved. Also, it will boost your PC's performance and give you better results. To help you choose, we have collected some of the best Windows backup software along with their features and cons and rated EaseUS Todo Backup as the best one; make up your mind and select the one that meets your needs the best.
Was This Page Helpful?
Updated by Larissa
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on computer issues.
Written by Jean
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.
Jean/Jul 20, 2023
Rel/Jul 20, 2023
Jean/Jul 20, 2023
Sherly/Jul 20, 2023