Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Usually, when you format a hard drive, the partition table of the hard drive is rewritten. This action will hide the files and remove them from the visible folder without damaging the original files on the disk. That means your files are still kept intact at the original place on the hard disk. And that's what makes data recovery after formatting a hard drive, partition, SD card, or another storage device possible.
Now you know it is highly likely to recover data from a hard disk (or another storage device) after formatting it. Then how can you recover files from a formatted hard disk? Depending on you, recovering data after formatting a device could be tough or easy. We heartily recommend you try an easy way, to use data recovery software.
The most straightforward way to recover data after formatting a hard disk, partition, SD card, or more is to use hard drive recovery software, like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This software has attracted many users by its powerful data recovery capacity and stable performance. Here are some features of EaseUS data recovery software:
- Recover from hard drive, partition, SD card, USB flash drive, memory card, and other storage devices.
- Supports deleted file recovery, recycle bin emptied data recovery, lost partition recovery, etc.
- Supports to retrieve file types, like photos, videos, audio files, emails, documents, etc.
- Available in file systems like FAT, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ex2/ex3, HFS+, and ReFS.
Now download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover data after formatting a hard disk, partition, or any other storage device.
- The precondition for any successful data recovery is that the files you want to retrieve are not overwritten by new data. Once the partition or hard disk is formatted, the original files can be easily overwritten by the new files. Thus, don't put new files onto your hard disk, partition, SD card, and more after formatting it. Instead, perform data recovery immediately to maximize the chance of recovering all the data.
Step 1. Choose the partition.
Launch EaseUS formatted data recovery software after the installation. Choose the hard drive partition which you've accidentally formatted. Click "Scan".
Step 2. Select wanted files.
After the scanning process, you can click "Filter" to filter a specific file type to quickly find wanted files.
Step 3. Recover files to a secure location.
Select the data files you wish to recover. Click "Recover". Choose a location to store the files and click "OK".
You can also refer to this video tutorial to get a more intuitive understanding of how to use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files after format.
Many users do not make a scheduled backup, because they think that the computer hard drive is safe enough for them to store data. However, in many cases, users could have experienced data loss. Here we list the most common causes.
- Hard drive failures like overheating, water, or fire damage
- Accidental Deletion
- Computer viruses and malware infections
- An unexpected loss of power
If you have faced any of the mentioned situations, your hard drive data might get lost and will be difficult to retrieve. As a result, you can take the following tips to prevent data loss:
- 1. Save and backup your files regularly to multiple locations.
- 2. Create an image backup BEFORE the first signs of a hard drive failure.
- 3. Keep your anti-virus software up to date.
- 4. Don't open suspicious emails or attachments.
- 5. Don't delete files you don't know what are, especially system files.
- 6. Keep your computer clean and dust-free.
- 7. Don't keep liquids close to your laptop.
Following the seven tips above, you can prevent yourself from most hard drive data loss cases. And if you do need to recover data from a hard drive, you can still seek help from EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
"Format" is one of the main ways that lead to data loss on a hard disk, partition, SD card, USB, or other conventional storage devices. There are many situations in which you have to perform "format" in order to make your devices usable again:
- To convert a RAW partition to NTFS
- To remove a virus on your hard drive, SD card, USB...
- To fix errors like "you need to format the disk", "the disk is not formatted", "USB showing the wrong size", and more
In situations like these, it would be greatly helpful to get the data recovery software and rescue the data on the hard disk, partition, or storage device. Besides, since data loss due to formatting, deletion, or misoperations occurs quite frequently, it's well worth equipping your computer with such a powerful tool to rescue your data at the earliest time possible.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More